Porsche=VW soon

I just worry for VW cars for the future. Soon all their cars will look Porsche-like.

Which would actually be nothing new, considerin all Porsches are based off of what was basically the first Porsche, the VW Beetle.

These car all aim more or less at the same customers:

Nah, I'd say you're looking at 2 different customer groups:

The Touran!
touran_front.jpg

And of course, the CROSS TOURAN!
vw-cross-touran-01.jpg

A big bigger

The Seat Alhambra
seat_alhambra_niot.net.jpg

The Sharan
VW-Sharan-1-9-TDI-Goal--2003-2004-.jpg

All of those cars are aimed at (big) families.

The Caddy Life
0,1020,941521,00.jpg

The Skoda Roomster
20SkodaRoomster_m_m.jpg

The Skoda Roomster Scout
900scouthome.jpg

All of these cars are aimed at postmen.

EDIT:
The Golf Plus
golf%20plus.jpg

The Crossgolf
1576_4_DE_crossgolf.jpg

The Seat Altea
seat_altea_fsi20_fb05_30.jpg

And these are for people who want a 5-Seater, but think the normal Golf isn't big and ugly enough, and decide they want to get in the way of people who drive normal cars, preventing them from seeing what's going on in traffic ahead, without actually getting significantly more space.

Porsche make sure that they only sell profitable cars.

So how do you explain the Panamera. I don't think that will sell well. Especially since its going up against the Mercedes CLS AMG, Lamborghini Estoque, AM Rapide, and Audi A7/S7 (theoretically).

So how do you explain the Panamera. I don't think that will sell well. Especially since its going up against the Mercedes CLS AMG, Lamborghini Estoque, AM Rapide, and Audi A7/S7 (theoretically).

That's what you say. What you fail to figure in is that it is a Porsche, and hence will sell like free hotcakes at a land office.

NOM NOM NOM NOM!!!!
http://img363.imageshack.**/img363/788/porschevwpr8.jpg
http://img363.imageshack.**/img363/porschevwpr8.jpg/1/w500.png

my photoshop skills at work

followed by the poorly created avatar
http://img258.imageshack.**/img258/3456/43127994cr7.gif

Last edited:
^^^ Alright, that is officially made of win. +1 for you my friend. :)

The Caddy Life seems to come with semi-attractive women, so it is the winner.

Maybe they'll just take the Touareg and re-badge it as the facelifted current gen Cayenne.

Not a bad thing, saves on design and making it look better along the way.

They're already the same car with different sheet metal, actually.

Well the Touran and Sharan are for different customers, in the sence that a customer whos wants a 7 seater and dtives and behaves almost like a car (EDIT and the pple who buy them are cheap :D), and one that one care less just wants to fit the family in with more room. Much the same way Ford has the S-Max and the Galaxy. The crossgolf I ain't seen one and don't care to either.

I'm even struggeling to figure how Porsche can sell this many Cayenne's so no, I can't explain it. :p

So this should mean that Audi's days in VAG are numbered?

The R8 has probably seen it's days, but I doubt any of the other models will be touched.

The head of Porsche said that they would sell Audi if they would be allowed to take control of VW.. I'll see if i can find that interview..

Well, it's too early to tell anything yet, really. Thing is, that under current law the state of Lower Saxony has a right of veto. Porsche would need to own 81 % of VAG to overcome that.

The head of Porsche said that they would sell Audi if they would be allowed to take control of VW.. I'll see if i can find that interview..

I don't think anybody would be so stupid to say that. Think yes, say no.

But there is no need to sell anything really. Volkswagen, Audi and Porsche all make solid profit and they can co-exist peacefully. I'd say it's even better if they compete, because competition on such a high level guarantees competitiveness with BMW, Mercedes and foreign car makers, too.

It's that healthy competition (each one trying to be better than the others), which made the German car industry so strong in the first place.

Last edited:
Aye. Porsche has better long term profits if they keep Audi

I have it right here.

"Ve vill sell ze fastest-growing brand ve buy, und ze only one zat has technologie zat are useful to us."

Well, so I can officially say my car is... a Porsche!

Yuhuu!

I have it right here.

"Ve vill sell ze fastest-growing brand ve buy, und ze only one zat has technologie zat are useful to us."

Well that that interview was from a while ago. When Audi wasn't so profitable...

WHAAAAAAAAT?!

I'm sorry, but you can't buy a car for the price of a Golf and have build quality that could support a large guy hanging on the open door (they demonstrated this at a dealer). If I tried that with my Honda, even as thin as I am, I'd bend something. VWs are built like tanks. They also drive great. The Rabbit is probably the best value for money you can possibly get. And the new CC is fantastic (even though I haven't driven one yet).

I was more referring to the fact nothing electronic on the cars work right :p
I am sure they could make the tailights NOT go out every 1,000 miles for not much more money. Though I'm sure they probably work overseas....

Well, so I can officially say my car is... a Porsche!

Yuhuu!

Don't count dude, bought b4 they had contolling interest (unless you bought yours this week). We will have to wait till we reinvest in the band for me another couple of years. Then Porche ownership YEAH.