Autoblog: Hennessey HPE700 - Camaro + ZR1 in one package

CrzRsn

So long, and thanks for all the fish
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
http://img80.imageshack.**/img80/4645/camfronthighrespm6uu9.jpg

Following in the footsteps of such legendary Camaro tuners as Yenko Chevrolet, Hennessey Performance Engineering has unveiled the HPE700, which mates a standard 2010 Camaro SS with the supercharged LS9 V8 from the Corvette ZR1. As if that engine alone weren't enough, HPE has tuned the LS9 to produce 705 hp and 717 lb-ft torque. That should make for an awesome pavement pounder in the quarter-mile, or else a neat way to scorch the earth and create mushroom clouds of tire smoke.

Other performance goodies include 15-inch carbon ceramic brakes cribbed from the ZR1, upgraded suspension bits and HRE alloy rims shod with Michelin PS2 rubber. HPE chose not to leave well enough alone in the looks department, either. The HPE700 has inherited the controversial see-through hood from the ZR1, along with a body package that includes a full carbon fiber ground effects kit and a unique front fascia with faux-hideaway headlights and a billet aluminum grille. We like it, you may not.

The HPE700 is a lot of car, and to help drivers reign it in, a 1-day performance driving course is included in the asking price of $109,500. The first orders will be accepted next week to registered bidders at the Barret-Jackson auction in Scottsdale, AZ with regular orders being taken the following week. See the rest of Hennessey's official details in the press release after the jump.

PRESS RELEASE:

HENNESSEY PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING ANNOUNCES LIMITED EDITION 705 HP LS9 POWERPLANT FOR THE 2010 CAMARO

Extreme Performance Makeover Transforms the 2010 Camaro from Muscle Car to Super Car!

SEALY, TX ? Hennessey Performance Engineering (HPE), well known for their extreme performance sports cars and muscle cars, announces their Limited Edition 2010 HPE700 Camaro.

At the heart of the beast is GM's new LS9 supercharged V8 tweaked as only HPE could to 705 horsepower and 717 lb-ft torque. To qualify as a supercar under the HPE banner it can't just go, it has to whoa. With optional 15 inch carbon brakes from the stunning new Corvette ZR1, light weight HRE wheels with Michelin PS2 tires and full suspension upgrades the HPE700 Camaro will be able to make full use of its new found power.

In addition to the power and handling upgrades., Hennessey will also be offering an exterior aerodynamics package to improve downforce at high speed. Penned by British designer, Steve Everitt, Hennessey's Cam-Aero ? body upgrades include: Carbon fiber rear lip spoiler, carbon fiber side rocker panels, carbon fiber front splitter, front fascia with hideaway-look headlights and front billet grille. Completing the look of the HPE700 is a ZR1 inspired hood design with window showing off the Hennessey's tweaked LS9 powerplant.

"The HPE700 Camaro allows our customers to combine supercar power and performance with classic American muscle car looks in a modern, daily-drive usable sportscar with a backseat and a trunk!," said John Hennessey, President and CEO of Hennessey Performance Engineering. "We will be announcing other Hennessey turnkey vehicle packages for the 2010 Camaro in the near future along with an extensive list of aftermarket performance parts and accessories. But for now, the LS9-powered HPE700 Camaro, replete with ZR1 inspired looks and performance promises to be at the top of the American muscle car food chain later in 2009.

HPE700 buyers will also receive a 1-day performance driving course at Lonestar Motorsports Park ? a ? mile dragstrip facility located adjacent to Hennessey's 24,000 square foot production facility and showroom.

Hennessey is offering the first HPE700 Camaros exclusively to registered bidders at the 2009 Barrett-Jackson auction in Scottsdale, AZ. Orders can be placed at the Hennessey display at the show or by phone or email beginning Tuesday, January 13 through Sunday, January 18, 2009. On Monday, January 19, 2009 the HPE700 Camaro will be available to the general public and can be ordered from select Chevrolet dealers as well as directly from Hennessey Performance Engineering.

Base price for the 2010 HPE700 Camaro is $109,500.

Located just west of Houston Texas at the Lonestar Motorsports Park complex, HPE has been building American supercars for nearly two decades with its Veyron-beating Venom Vipers, Ford GT's and recently released Dodge Challengers.

2 words.
DO.WANT.

Last edited:
All I have to say to you Mr. CrazyRussian...
One word.

AGREE!!!

People still give that douche nozzle money? If there were such thing as karma he would have got cancer years ago.

You're all insane to want anything with Hennessey's name on it.

He'll build one car that may or may not work. And the rest of the time he'll take peoples cars and money and not do anything with their cars till 'maybe' 2 years later.

Do I need to dig up all the lawsuits against this assclown?

I don't care if the car was Gold plated with a solid Platinum engine and crank...If it has Hennessey's name I ain't touching that shit.

Cause that is what it will be. Shit.

Someone revive Don Yenko and have his zombie ass building proper Camaros...

People still give that douche nozzle money? If there were such thing as karma he would have got cancer years ago.

I'd rather give him $109,000 for that rather than give Mr. Nissan $200,000 for a V-Spec kitchen appliance.

I'd rather give him $109,000 for that rather than give Mr. Nissan $200,000 for a V-Spec kitchen appliance.

I'd rather burn $109,000 in my fireplace than give it to Mr. Hennessey. At least if I burn it I get something in return (warmth).

So basically, its got 550hp...right Mr. Hennessey? The guy is scum, and that's putting it nicely.

hennesscrewed.jpg

Hennessey maybe a shifty person but that doesn't mean that this car isn't cool.

From the fact that every time he is mentioned people go crazy that he did something bad. <ust have been really bad. However I seem to have been under a rock when it happened as I cant recall what he did. Could someone please elaborate.

From the fact that every time he is mentioned people go crazy that he did something bad. <ust have been really bad. However I seem to have been under a rock when it happened as I cant recall what he did. Could someone please elaborate.

x2.
Last I remember of him was when he put a 1000hp motor in a Ram pickup and it was generally liked by the magazines IIRC.

He is well known for lots of scummy practices in the Viper world - takes money and gives the customer nothing, doesn't install the parts he promised, takes parts off of other customers' cars to get the occasional car out the door, his cars don't make the power levels he promises (not even close, even allowing for driveline loss), what's billed as new parts turn out to be used (and in one case, one Viper owner saw that a specific part he'd had replaced on his Hennessey Viper had been sold to another forum member as a new part, IIRC), slow shipping (like a year when it was promised in a week), NO shipping.... the list goes on and on.

http://web.archive.org/web/20031110...=carnews&loc_code=index&content_code=04383484

http://www.automotiveforums.com/t83267.html

That picture is a render, therefore they haven't yet built one. My quess is it'll stay that way, I like the idea of a ZR1 camaro, but Hennessey is NOT the right person to work with cars.