Gran Turismo 4 Lap Times

Agreed Hazardous, will post it tonight. Although it might be just a car suited to running slicks. Not sure yet.

As for next challenge, I'm hoping for something with much less grip. It's much more fun to balance the car on the limit of low grip level than drive something as edgy as that Mustang was with those slicks.

Yea I agree. The only reason I chose to go with so much grip was because the length of the track and the frustration involved with trying to put in a clean lap, let alone a fast one. Definitely less grip on the next challenge though.

I am proposing a Grand Valley Speedway challenge (normal)
Japanese Stock Car below 300 HP (meaning no mods/ no lightening/ no chips/ no nos/ no nothing)
[what you can just do is go to the GT Auto and use all (except the Wing)] ;)
on Road Tires (N3) ... (If I had GT5, I'd say a GT-R... hehehe)

i think it's the moderator's choice to choose what car.
Hopefully front engined rear wheel 300 horsepower manual no asm/tcs jap car.

but my preference is a... hmmm.... Somethiing in the line of rx-7 or rx-8... or honda s2000.
no four wheel drive please... let's see that back end slip once in a while :p

Anyone with serious suggestions? or agree with mine?

Ok new challenge and time for something a bit different.

Arcade Mode:

Track: Costa Di Amalfi

Cars:
BMW Z4, maximum power (+20%), minimum weight (-10%) on COMFORT tyres (N2's?)

Subaru Impreza Sti Version VI, maximum power, minimum weight on ROAD tyres (N3's?)

Alfa Romeo 147 GTA, maximum power, minimum weight on ROAD tyres (N3's?)

Everyone SHOULD have these cars even if they have only just bought the game. Z4 is nice and chuckable with just enough current to slide nicely, for the 4WD section I wanted to put the Pug 205T16 Evo II but not everyone would have it. Subie is pretty much the only throttle steerable AWD in the game. And the Alfa is an exercise in throttle control.

Fastest combined time wins!!!

First times:
BMW: 2.22.172

Subaru: 2.13.868

Alfa: 2.25.391

Combined: 7.00.421

Last edited:
You must be using the wrong tyres. 9 seconds faster in the BMW and 11 seconds faster in the Subaru??

Interesting, something is amiss. Not saying you made them up but our cars are obviously different specs. Will see when someone else posts up their efforts but I reckon they will be a lot closer to mine than yours.

ASM and TCS being on especially should slow you down immensely

There's another problem (at least for me). I can't drive the track on arcade mode. It's locked until day 253 apparently (according to some unlock lists).

Does anyone know a track unlock cheat for GT4?

(as a sidenote, I just did a 1:50.408, though the car was slightly invalid for the challenge. A Pagani Zonda LM Race Car :p)

Ah shit Hazardous sorry didn't think of that, its actually deliberate as you got too close in the last challenge, so I thought I would exclude you from this one :p

And hans I don't want to sound like a wanker, its only a bloody game haha but surely you must agree that given past challenges for you to be almost 10 seconds faster than me.....or anyone on this forum is quite an unusual achievement!

EDIT: OOps, just checked the fist number I posted and I had the Alfa and BMW around the wrong way. The BMW was 2.22 and the Alfa was 2.16. Sorry about that.

I know it seems baffling, let me check again. I can guarantee you I'm not one to cheat, and even if I were, it wouldn't be at an internet GT4 challenge, but if it were, I wouldn't make it look so obvious. ;)

Oh, the only Ver VI STi I have is a 2 door (not the 22B), '99 I think. The others are pretty straight forward.

Had another go, took the ASM and TCS off on the WRX.

New times...

BMW: 2.18.159

Subi: 2.03.895

ALFA: 2.16.868

Total: 6.38.922

Last edited:
Well fair call, seems I have 22 seconds to make up. (you have the right STi by the way) Have to wait until someone else posts their times to get another marker.

There's another problem (at least for me). I can't drive the track on arcade mode. It's locked until day 253 apparently (according to some unlock lists).

huh? I thought you unlocked the tracks by winning A spec points?
I had pretty much every track unlocked by the time I was into the "Advanced" races...

do a couple of those driving events where you have to pass that guy before corner X and you get 250 A spec points... which should help

and no, AFAIK there aren't any "cheats" for GT4

huh? I thought you unlocked the tracks by winning A spec points?
I had pretty much every track unlocked by the time I was into the "Advanced" races...

I doubt it's according to a-spec points. I unlocked two tracks yesterday by doing some of the tarmac rally events with the aforementioned Zonda which, needless to say, gave me 1 a spec point per race.

do a couple of those driving events where you have to pass that guy before corner X and you get 250 A spec points... which should help

I have pretty much all of the quick missions done. Did them fairly early on to get some fast credits and cars when I had to restart the game recently...

then take pictures. It takes about a day for a picture, so you can advance the game pretty quick...plus some of the photos are awesome...

hansvonaxion, that's a fast lap. I could just do a 1.23.3 -- where the hell are you getting less time?
great lap, great lap. :)

u do controller? or wheel?

Welp, looks like hansvonaxion is the winner. Next challenge please.