BBC to release series 10 on dvd

LindenChase

The good news is that the BBC are going to release the complete tenth series on dvd. :)

The bad news is that it is the edited BBC world edition. :(

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Gear-Season-10/11153

TopGear_S10.jpg

What about the people in the UK? Are we getting them too? Or just iTunes releases?

Even if the dvd is not released in the UK, you'd likely be able to order them through Amazon.com.

Exactly, I'm sure someone will upload the extras somewhere. :D

Maybe I just speak for myself here, but I?d love to buy TG on DVD and own it legally ... not that I would fancy crippled versions though ...

Same - but the full hour long episode version...Maybe they'll get the hint one day.

Likewise - I want to buy TG on DVD, but only the full, original version with original music.

Add me. I would buy if it were not the butchered version. I can go with a change in music, but not the hatched job they do.

Oh well. Maybe one day.

Runs for 500 minutes, so 50 minute cuts of episodes...

The music is one thing, but cutting 10 minutes out of it? Lame.

Maybe I just speak for myself here, but I?d love to buy TG on DVD and own it legally ... not that I would fancy crippled versions though ...

Well...you could always buy the DVD, and throw away the version that comes with it and put in your own burned disc. That way, they'd get the money you believe they deserve (please don't read that as an insult/argument...'cuz I'm with you) and you still get the version you want.

Bah, only thing I'm interested in this collection is the bonus interviews.

Same - but the full hour long episode version...Maybe they'll get the hint one day.

Likewise - I want to buy TG on DVD, but only the full, original version with original music.

Add me. I would buy if it were not the butchered version. I can go with a change in music, but not the hatched job they do.

Oh well. Maybe one day.

Agreed.

Don't things like this start with the base edition to get some $$ coming in the doors, then if there's enough interest, they sell you more... the Director's Cut version, then the Presenter's Cut Version, then the Ultra Ultimate Edition, then the Ultra Ultimate Extended Edition....

So close...this is probably the only show I'd currently ever consider busting out $400 for a box set and then never watching em...but not if theyre the Dave'd episodes(im gunna use that now :))

Don't things like this start with the base edition to get some $$ coming in the doors, then if there's enough interest, they sell you more... the Director's Cut version, then the Presenter's Cut Version, then the Ultra Ultimate Edition, then the Ultra Ultimate Extended Edition....

Star Wars dvd's have been going down that path for ages now. unfrotunately there's people out there like me who will buy them (and Top Gear dvd's included) mostly because its official and have the logos on them.
as for the series 10 dvd, i'd be inclined to get them and watch them until they wear out, but for the uncut versions i've got the ones i've downloaded already. the one's i'd really want would be if they were to release the series on blu-ray.

The BBC needs to become far, far more commercial during the global downturn. Instead of being so picky about releasing DVDs of their shows, why not start making tonnes of the damn things and selling them overseas? Television programes are one of the few industries Britain actually excells in these days and it seems barmy to me that we're not exploiting that and creating more money and jobs through it, there by helping to solve our recently widening trade deficit.

While this news is good for viewers around the globe, the BBC could be doing one fuck of a lot more to be making money and providing good products to viewers overseas. Would be of both benefit to Brtions and everyone else.

I agree. I'd love to own TG legally...if it were uncut. But since it's cut, I'll take my bits and torrents. ;)