This is my sharpest shot, what's yours?

I would argue that the original image in this thread is over sharpened and over compressed (file size would not agree here). Look at the lights on the white frame, you can see tons of artifacts in it around each halo. I would say look into your post process sharpening process. As for DSLR ya they are great and you really can tell a difference in equipment especially lenses. That being said I do agree that this is usually alot of hype and people get in huge debates about this stuff and it usually gets ugly quick.

I think with digital SLRs, the technology leaps forward so much that you can really notice the difference between equipment which was never so apparent with film.

Ever see film run through a Holga? There's a world of difference between my Hassy, old Nikon FE/2, newer Nikon N90S, Diana, and my Holga. Not to mention Leicas, p&s cameras, etc. and other cameras I didn't shoot all that much (or didn't even have access to.)

And, yes, we are hijacking your thread. :D

Yeah, I actually quite like the Holga look but only in small doses. I think my argument was referring to just 35mm SLRs as arguably Medium Format cameras are in a different league. I guess the only way to really look into this is to find a digital camera from one manufacturer then one from another and take an identical shot then do the same with film bodies. As for the thread hijack, it's perfectly fine with me to be honest as the original intention for this topic wasn't at all well thought out. Feel free to discuss whatever you want :p.

I would argue that the original image in this thread is over sharpened and over compressed (file size would not agree here). Look at the lights on the white frame, you can see tons of artifacts in it around each halo. I would say look into your post process sharpening process. As for DSLR ya they are great and you really can tell a difference in equipment especially lenses. That being said I do agree that this is usually alot of hype and people get in huge debates about this stuff and it usually gets ugly quick.
gets ugly quick? it got ugly right from the first reply. what an asshole.

I always liked these two I took earlier this year.

4_30_10.jpg

civicedit10.jpg

I can't recall if I used a tripod or not. If not, there was definitely some luck involved. Photobucket eats some quality up, but I still like them.

If alok comes into this thread and sees this he'll probably smash his monitor again :p

I just did, on a 27inch monitor it is pretty scary, but glad the image size isnt that big.

HOLYSHITASPIDER

*jumps away from computer*

Icebone's photo is really good, and I especially like starfox's 2nd photo. I'm sure the spider (eek) one is good too but I can't bring myself to look at it again....I'm already gettign that horrible crawling sensation on my skin.....aaaaaaagh

I've learnt now until we hit a new (hopefully spider free uggggh) page to let it load then scroll all the way down without looking then scroll up slowly to make sure I don't see it. Are you completely arachnophobic too?

And insectophobic. I will run around and scream like a little girl if a bug even a bit bigger than TINY comes along.

Nice photo ICEBONE. Was boored and did some touch-up on it. Let me know if you mind, and I'll remove it ASAP.

3110811222.jpg

:wink:

I don't mind you training your retouching skills, but I much prefer the completely out-of-cam version. Gives her a more real look. I'm not a fan of airbrushing.

Nice photo ICEBONE. Was boored and did some touch-up on it. Let me know if you mind, and I'll remove it ASAP.

:wink:

The best air-brushing is the air-brushing you can't tell was done. Skin has texture and when you blur it, it removes the texture and the realism.

I personally prefer retouching like this:
http://img83.imageshack.**/img83/1342/icephotoretouchdz5.jpg

I did a lot of re-touching in this photo but you can only notice it if you look at it in detail.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm with you, a bit of clone stamp here, heal there. I prefer her nose the way it is, though, you didn't have to chop it. :p

I also think that it's the little imperfections that make a woman even more beautiful than a "perfect" one.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm with you, a bit of clone stamp here, heal there. I prefer her nose the way it is, though, you didn't have to chop it. :p

I also think that it's the little imperfections that make a woman even more beautiful than a "perfect" one.

I wanted to see if i could chop it without anyone noticing :p