[15x02] January 12th, 2009

[15x02] January 12th, 2009

• Total voters
And that joke about not being allowed to tell us anything about the new Nissan, does that ring a bell? Maybe Top Gear? Jeremy and boys talking about the AMV8 during the news part?

(I believe it was V8, but I'm not sure)

It was ok, could have been better. But I do agree that they are squeezing too much into the show. It is getting ridiculous how short they are becoming. Any shorter and you will have to tape your eyes open so you don't miss anything, as the cliched phrase of blink and you'll miss it is starting to come to light.

I was surprised at how much screen time Plato had, it must be the first time in a couple of series that anyone other than Tim and Tom (that sounds like a cheap knockoff version of bill and ben the flowerpot men) has had more than about 5 minutes on screen. Talking of which, do we still need Tim? I don't like him, and the studio bits are still about who has the bigger ego instead of cars. Tom didn't used to be like that.

I would have preferred it if they had given the Twingo as the competition prize, I would have entered that and hopefully given myself of having a decent first car. :p

I didn't quite get the point of Jonny's bit, the Insignia bit was awful, we needed more of Tiff and less segments.

well that was gash

tho i do admit, some of the camera work/editing is quite pleasing.

the studio segments are exactly like forcing your turd through one of those turd twister things.

johnny's little foray into banger racing was mildly entertaining at best

tom vs potatoe, exercise in the bleeding obvious

twingo vs R5 GT Turbo was only good because i had just seen a GT Turbo on the way home from the chippy

smart car test was utter shite

raife or rake or whatever reminded us all why he's a colossal tool bag (oh and the monday IS the better car by they way)

and tiffs Carrera S review was just...well.... half arsed. i mean the scripting had him copying phrases from TG like only an absolute amatuer could and the tests were completely useless. pootling around in 7th gear? of course your gonna get some good milage. 150mph? in a porsche? when was the last porsche that couldnt easily manage that?

it was such a non-test in the same way that being an office health and safety inspector is a complete non-job.

heh i just realised they couldnt even break russ swift out for the celeb bit! weak. though i do like mark foster (im a swimmer too)

Yeah, way too rushed, the Porsche bit felt like a preview...
and Tiff was being all technophobic, trying to be like Jeremy and failing...I want the Fifth Gear back where Tiff and Jason slide around all day...

It was dissapointing, big time, watched it last night and i can barely remember anything about it. Not because of lack of memory, it just didn't stick. And if it fails at that, it doesn't have a shot at anything else.

You lucky people! You have the chance to win a Porsche 996.
By the way, did anyone notice irregularities on the left door of the give-away Porsche?At precisely 0:32:20, while Tiff is talking about the competition, you can see some odd shapes on the left door,as if someone tried to fix it with filler, did a poor job and painted it anyway.Maybe it is video compression's fault(messing up the detail).

i like this episode, but i don't like the smart review..why?

she said the engine will turn off when u brake and doing less than 5mph? how do u park? or try to find a parking spot? hmm? and she never mentions this?

i like this episode, but i don't like the smart review..why?

she said the engine will turn off when u brake and doing less than 5mph? how do u park? or try to find a parking spot? hmm? and she never mentions this?

You have to keep your foot on the brake in order for the system to activate.She said that once you take your foot off the brake,the engine would start, which means you have to keep your foot on the brake all the time the engine is asleep.But when you want to park/look for space you can go 5 mph without touching the brake and the engine won't stop.
Maybe there's the old on/off switch for the system.

Last edited:
I haven't enjoyed the show since they changed the theme song around.

I agree the mini segments just don't cut it. I'd like more indepth story lines - I remember the segment Jonny did driving across country on chip fat and the like.

Last edited:
I was pretty disappointed actually with this episode.. Wanted to see more Jason and Tiff in action. Sometimes i feel like Tom and the other bloke are getting too much screen time.

But still, i love FG and it's always entertaining, so i'll give it 8/10. It was good, but could have been better.

You lucky people! You have the chance to win a Porsche 996.

I think the giveaway is what excites me the most in the entire show. A 2002 996 C4 - a LCD TV - PS3 Pack - Supercar driving on track - drifting lessons - 1000 dollars for insurance- 1000 dollars of gas - GPS - DVD player- wth is this...
anyone would be happy for just one of those. That's like 46k USD. They should just break it up, for runner ups and such.

gosh i wish i could enter.

I'm not sure that all these short bits work, but I thought the driving test segment was very interesting (as I have yet to get around to taking mine and it might sound daft, but I've never really known what to expect - but even I could spot the errors, so I must be heading in the right direction...).