Random Thoughts....

What course?

Children's Services. I'm sick of working temporary unskilled jobs, so I've decided to get a practical qualification. Most people who do this course work in child care centres, but it also opens up the possibility of government jobs etc. A cousin of mine did the same course some years ago, and now works for DOCS. Yeah, it's just a TAFE course, it's for an increasingly important industry, so I'm hoping a more permanent employment situation will come out of it. It may not be too promising locally, but I'd be prepared to move once I had the qualification behind me.

Link doesn't work up here in Canookistan... <_<

I know what episode it's from though, pretty funny. But I just said the thing about the Irish because this guy I used to know used to get really angry when he got drunk, so I'd say to him he had Irish Husband Syndrome.

I really hate that about being really drunk by the way, you have no idea what the hell you are actually doing. It's kind of like sleepwalking in some ways I suppose, not that I ever have.

Link doesn't work up here in Canookistan... <_<

I know what episode it's from though, pretty funny.

Sorry...couldn't find a youtube clip. Any way of supporting Hulu flash embeds, Viper?

Here's the script of the hulu video:

It was a Family Guy Clip:

(Brian and Stewie are on a German tour bus.)
German Tour Guide: You vill find more on Germany's contributions to ze arts in ze pamphlets ve have provided.

Brian : Yeah, about your pamphlet... uh, I'm not seeing anything about German history between 1939 and 1945. There's just a big gap.

Tour guide: Everyone vas on vacation. On your left is Munich's first city hall, erected in 15...

Brian : Wait, what are you talking about? Germany invaded Poland in 1939 and...

Tour Guide: We were invited. Punch vas served. Check vit Poland.

Brian : You can't just ignore those years. Thomas Mann fled to America because of Nazism's stranglehold on Germany.

Tour guide: Nope, nope. He left to manage a Dairy Queen.

Brian : A Dairy Queen? That's preposterous.

Tour guide: I vill hear no more insinuations about the German people. Nothing bad happened. Sie werden sich hinsetzen. Sie werden ruhig sein. Sie werden nicht beleidigen Deutschland. You will sit down. You will shut up. You will not insult Germany. (Throws his hand up in a Hitler salute.)

Brian : (nervously) Uh, is that a beer hall?

Tour guide: (Snapping out of it) Oh yes, Munich is renowned for its historic beer halls.

^ I thought it was the episode where Peter takes Chris to the Irish heritage museum and there's a display of a drunk Irish guy beating his wife (with a paddle on the arse, if I recall)... :hmm:

Edit: I love that episode where Stewie wants to go to the BBC though, it's my favourite of all of them. Mother Maggie turned out to be an old hag.

Last edited:
Just paid for a new course in Digital Imagining and Advanced Digital Imaging has nothing to do with the Accounting I am actually studying but will be interesting and something I have wanted to know more about for ages. So only two weeks until that starts and then one week after my accounting starts up again and my work so I will no longer be bored YAY :D

Japanese noodles:

800px-Instant_ramen.jpg

This is the typical american brand...maybe it's sold elsewhere, too. Also called "Top Ramen" sometimes...but that's a different brand...or at least different packaging.
maruchan_chick.jpg

They can often be had for 10/$1 to you often see them as college student staple food, not that Kraft macaroni and cheese has gotten so expensive...

Ahhhh, I know what those are, I lived on those during uni, they're just called noodles here :D

Writing job applications is so much fun!

I've also decided to register with an employment agency also, but they require me to write a cover letter, which is fine. But as it's not really aimed a particular employer I'm not sure how I should direct the letter, should I just write about my work history? my skills etc? or talk about how I think I would be a valuable employee?

The type of job you are looking for should be in it, I do not know about your standard CVs (Resum?s for Americans) but you may need to include if you can travel, is shift work acceptable to you, are there any holiday commitments you can not break, any sort of industry you may not want to work in e.g. Slaughterhouse (extreme, but you get the picture).

Make 1000% sure it is laid out correctly, (Sir/Mrs Jones/Sincerely/Faithfully etc.) with no spelling mistakes or grammatical errors - make sure you use Australian English, some older people really hate Americanisms and American spellings.

Be positive and do not joke about too much - getting a job is a business if you want to be successful at it.

You mean you were hitting on the waitresses, or were you actually hitting them? :lol:

Violence is a pretty common side effect of drinking too much, just ask the Irish.

:cool: English grammar program was deactivated in my brain at that time! So, yes... I was hitting on the waitresses, most of the time one beautiful afro-brazilian, who was at her first night of work there. :p

And thankfully, the only 'violence' of the night was when I won a quiz game, and had the same problem as Hammond: the 'bad winner disease' This defeated spanish guy was reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally pissed off with me! :lol::lol:

Dick Cheney got broken and has to go to the inaugural in a wheelchair.

I just had a customer come in and say, "I need something done nice, quick, and cheap."

I looked her dead in the eye and said "I can do two of those." I'm not sure she found it as funny as I did, but I have her money so I win.

So my 360's colors went out last night then I restarted it and the picture went completely. The solution: cover it with blankets until it overheats and RRODs. Then turn it back on and it works like a charm. Nice one Microsoft.

So my 360's colors went out last night then I restarted it and the picture went completely. The solution: cover it with blankets until it overheats and RRODs. Then turn it back on and it works like a charm. Nice one Microsoft.

How old is your Xbox? The RROD is covered under the 3 year warranty extension.

How old is your Xbox? The RROD is covered under the 3 year warranty extension.
It's over three years old, and hasn't skipped a beat until the picture went out yesterday. What is funny is I was able to fix the picture by overheating the Xbox?!