Anyone wanna start a webcomic?

I'd like to help! I'm quite average in drawing, but I think I'd have some ideas to the comic itself. <:

PM me :)

Hmmm, perhaps something with mechanics, or maybe...i dunno, i wanna draw, but I've no direction whatsoever :(

Last edited:
PM me :)

Hmmm, perhaps something with mechanics, or maybe...i dunno, i wanna draw, but I've no direction whatsoever :(
If it were up to me, I'd try to do something along the lines of Joe Bar Team, a french gag-orientet comic about a quartet of bikers who hang out at the same cafe. Lovely but rare comic where the creators interest in motors really shines through.

image4.jpg

"Should we set up the haybales before the paint has dried?"

Last edited:
Sounds like a cool idea, I would help.

But we would need a subject for the comic to be about!:lol:
When starting out, rule number one of creative writing is to write what you know about.

why not try a Top Gear inspired webcomic as a testing ground.
Bingo!
How about three silly guys who work for a large government run, cash-starved, TV station on a crummy show about cars which is so bad nobody watches.

They are Jeremy Clarksoff, James March and Ricardo Farfisa and their hopeless, tight-fisted producer Andy Wontman.

The stories cover the humorous day to day, behind the scenes and show time events in making the show and all the various amount of cock-ups & trouble they get into with the newspapers, especially the uber nasty Daily Fail, the Govt., the Police, eco-mentalists, Bill Oddie-ball, the society for Political Correctness, H & S, lorry drivers, badgers, and the union of sex workers.

They never get into any trouble with the viewers because it?s only their mums who watch the show, plus a few interweb dudes who download it.:)

When starting out, rule number one of creative writing is to write what you know about.

Bingo!
How about three silly guys who work for a large government run, cash-starved, TV station on a crummy show about cars which is so bad nobody watches.

They are Jeremy Clarksoff, James March and Ricardo Farfisa and their hopeless, tight-fisted producer Andy Wontman.

The stories cover the humorous day to day, behind the scenes and show time events in making the show and all the various amount of cock-ups & trouble they get into with the newspapers, especially the uber nasty Daily Fail, the Govt., the Police, eco-mentalists, Bill Oddie-ball, the society for Political Correctness, H & S, lorry drivers, badgers, and the union of sex workers.

They never get into any trouble with the viewers because it?s only their mums who watch the show, plus a few interweb dudes who download it.:)

guess the interweb dudes could be members of a website forum called First Gear, bottom gear or Reverse Gear.
could have a tame racing driver who doesn't have a driving license and is a useless stunt driver who has only had 1 moment of fame and is a absolute coward.

the society for Political Correctness

For some reason I instantly thought of The Ministry Of Silly Walks. Dunno why. :|

Sounds like a great idea though. I'm handy with photoshop and general publishing software (like MS Picture It) if you need any help, and I'd like to be part of it. Maybe we could find a way of involving random members' cars in the comic, being reviewed or something.

And as far as drawing goes, we have no problems. I'm a huge fan of Zero Punctuation, and that's entirely based on simple shapes, and is basically a comic because there's no animation (or very little). So how does splicing it into a video sound? We could get members to do voice acting. :D

I've started the rough draft already :) thanks to everyone for your help and i'll still need it when i post my rough drawings.

Also i have a friend whose a bit of a PHP HTML whizz that can help me out with the site so thats not an issue, I'm more concerned with the content and whether or not it's funny, readable and looks good.

I look forward to seeing the outcomes of this project. :)

Alright, here's what i thought up as the cast for my comics character's favorite TV program.
http://img111.imageshack.**/img111/5778/reversegearcx3.jpg
Niki, Dave, Bill, and no idea what to call the other one. I don't want any anagram or association with "stig" tho
Sorry for the quality, crap webcam
These AREN'T the main characters(in fact they're quite minor), but they'll play a role in one of the stories in future.

Last edited: