Copyright info?

merve0o0

Car(s)
1993 Nissan 180sx
I am just wondering what the deal with copyright is and downloading the shows from this site (mostly top gear).

I live in NZ and a new law has been passed that any accusation of breaching copyright gets a instant disconnection of your Internet. you don't need to be found guilty just if the isp is told that there has been a breach of copyright that's it no warnings.

i have already received a breach of copyright notice for downloading programs on free to air channels and i don't want to get another.

what is the status of the downloads on this site are they licenced or what ever is required.

i really hope they are as we are about 2 years behind and when they do start a new season they play 2 episodes then go to repeats and of course its the shortened episode (its still an hr but including ads)

Nothing is hosted on this site - no torrent files, no content, nothing. The torrents linked to here are hosted on Mininova, so the legal implications in NZ would be the same as any other torrent for copyrighted content from that site.

And the episodes and stuff are not kept on a server, you download them from other people's computers. That's why trackers like Mininova are still around.

I live in NZ and a new law has been passed that any accusation of breaching copyright gets a instant disconnection of your Internet. you don't need to be found guilty just if the isp is told that there has been a breach of copyright that's it no warnings.
Wow, that actually passed? I'm sorry to hear that the media industry has taken over your government. Very sorry :(

I wonder if any of the FTP hosts around here can use encrypted FTP?

See here is americaland, you you're innocent until proven guilty, and you could easily argue that because BBC doesn't broadcast new episodes over here that you technically can't be guilty of pirating. However if the BBC agreed to broadcast new episodes over here you would delete all of the programs and swear to never do so again. You'd need Johnny Cochran as a defense lawyer but it would work.

See here is americaland, you you're innocent until proven guilty, and you could easily argue that because BBC doesn't broadcast new episodes over here that you technically can't be guilty of pirating.

Also, I'd imagine you'd have to NOT distribute the file at all...which means a direct download, or if you're using peer-2-peer it means not sharing/uploading at all. In the US they are less going after downloaders and are instead going after people who are making it available...to try and cut off the supply, I suppose.

I live in NZ, and the law HASN'T been passed yet, it's going to be on Feb 28th. All our ISP's are not happy, as they have very little guidelines to follow, they could shut someone internet off who may say have a virus they don't know about which is downloading illegal content. Also it could mean one computer in say a hospital/school etc whith 10-50 computers, could get the connection disconnected.

This law has SERIOUS flaws and it is not likely anyone will get the switch, unless they do stupid things, like start selling/giving away copies of their downloaded music/movies, to every tom dick down the pub.

Were not 2 years behind either, series 11 finished on our telly's 2 months ago.

See the news article here:
http://www.stuff.co.nz/4813173a28.html?source=RSStech_20090109

Last edited:
It has been passed it just comes into force on the 28th.

yea i may have been exaggerating about the two years but i don't know that i have seen any of season 11 on prime. the one on the other week had black stig.

One solution would be to invest in a flash drive, and then downloading it from somewhere like an Internet cafe.

What a crazy law. Sorry it's being tested out in NZ (I'm sure other countries are watching closely) - it sounds like the whole thing could turn into a disaster!