Hardcore Pagani Zonda R revealed

I'm not afraid to say *yawn* about that car.

Sure, it's quick and whatnot, but christ....for that money you could sure as hell build a much quicker car and it's got the feel about it that you built it (or at least chose the mods).

Also keep in mind that this car costs ~$1.8 million. If she made $500 a night every night, it would take almost 10 years to make that much money.
She'd better get started, then.

In less creepy news, WHERE are the high res shots?

Sure, it's quick and whatnot, but christ....for that money you could sure as hell build a much quicker car and it's got the feel about it that you built it (or at least chose the mods).

Burn him.

Yeah, you could like go to a certain italian supercar manufactory and tell them to take one of their already insane cars and go ballistic with it..

.. no, wait.

Yeah, you could like go to a certain italian supercar manufactory and tell them to take one of their already insane cars and go ballistic with it..
With enough money, you could. And if anything, I'm sure a certain British manufacturer would be happy to noodle with it.

This is how I felt when I saw this:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06JUfkiMOVc[/YOUTUBE]

Burn him.

I agree with him to a certain extent. The 'I could build one faster' argument is always punted around, but I think he has a point about price/performance. Look at how much this thing weighs, how much power it produces, how road legal it is, how practical it is, and how ugly and over styled it is. For nearly a million and a half quid? I can name several cars which have a better power to weight ratio, that you can drive on the road costing a tenth of the price of this while being just as ugly. You might even get luggage space, a stereo and less pointless bling too.

I agree with him to a certain extent. The 'I could build one faster' argument is always punted around, but I think he has a point about price/performance. Look at how much this thing weighs, how much power it produces, how road legal it is, how practical it is, and how ugly and over styled it is. For nearly a million and a half quid? I can name several cars which have a better power to weight ratio, that you can drive on the road costing a tenth of the price of this while being just as ugly. You might even get luggage space, a stereo and less pointless bling too.

Didn't we have that argument over the Ultima?

Role reversal much? :p

Anyway, it's not ugly, it's a magnificent thing. It's not slow (it's much faster than an FIA GT1 car in a straight line, even with similar aero). It's not over priced (try buying a brand new GT1 car). It produces a lot of power, especially if you consider that it can use it with it's downforce, lightness, suspension and slick tires, unlike most cars with similar power (ie Merc AMGs), and that it's just as fast as a Veyron in normal (ie, usable) mode (I was talking to a sales rep and he said if you put more than 10 degrees lock on the wheel it comes out of slick mode if you're doing over 165, or if you lift the throttle, or if you brake, so good luck going faster than the 235 limit anywhere but a really big bowl).

Now think about this, you talk about luggage space. Would one honestly want this car if it had a boot, and normal tires, and mufflers? Would you really want to take it down to Monaco? Or to the autobahn? Of course not. It'd live in a habitat garage at Silverstone to be taken out once every couple of weeks for a damn quick jot. It's only 200 bucks a month for Gods sake. College kids pay the same rate to store go karts.

And I won't bother arguing with you because we both seem to be unreasonably stubborn. :p

Didn't we have that argument over the Ultima?

Role reversal much? :p

Anyway, it's not ugly, it's a magnificent thing. It's not slow (it's much faster than an FIA GT1 car in a straight line, even with similar aero). It's not over priced (try buying a brand new GT1 car). It produces a lot of power, especially if you consider that it can use it with it's downforce, lightness, suspension and slick tires, unlike most cars with similar power (ie Merc AMGs), and that it's just as fast as a Veyron in normal (ie, usable) mode (I was talking to a sales rep and he said if you put more than 10 degrees lock on the wheel it comes out of slick mode if you're doing over 165, or if you lift the throttle, or if you brake, so good luck going faster than the 235 limit anywhere but a really big bowl).

Now think about this, you talk about luggage space. Would one honestly want this car if it had a boot, and normal tires, and mufflers? Would you really want to take it down to Monaco? Or to the autobahn? Of course not. It'd live in a habitat garage at Silverstone to be taken out once every couple of weeks for a damn quick jot. It's only 200 bucks a month for Gods sake. College kids pay the same rate to store go karts.

And I won't bother arguing with you because we both seem to be unreasonably stubborn. :p

I'm off out so no time to really take you apart...

I will say this as I ran out of the door: "...the Pagani Zonda R?s design is unencumbered by any requirement for the car to be road-legal or homologated for racing competition;"

And still over a tonne, only nearly 740 hp, only just under 3 seconds 0-60, for over a million quid?

And still over a tonne, only nearly 740 hp, only just under 3 seconds 0-60, for over a million quid?
This is a good question. But i think with all it's aerodynamics and downforce the pagani would destroy even a koenigsegg ccrx or a ferrari fxx on the racetracks.

On the other hand: If one only wants a car that is seriously fast around racetracks, why buy a roadcar on steroids? For about 1,5 million euro you get a Porsche RS Spyder or a used LMP1 chassis and this is still going to destroy any hardcore version of a former roadgoing ferrari/ maserati/ pagani on any racetrack.

But then again you take look at the pagani and think: "Man, this is such a beauty"
- I want to see the pagani race the ferrari fxx and maserati mc12 corsa! :D

Awwww man i was gonna come in here and say this might be the first car that all of Finalgear can agree on... Way to fuck it up Meio and colddayin-hell

With enough money, you could. And if anything, I'm sure a certain British manufacturer would be happy to noodle with it.

Nah, I mean because this is why the Zonda R was created in the first place.;)

The new car has been three years in the making, and is what resulted when one customer asked Pagani to create ?the ultimate track-day Zonda?.

On the other hand: If one only wants a car that is seriously fast around racetracks, why buy a roadcar on steroids? For about 1,5 million euro you get a Porsche RS Spyder or a used LMP1 chassis and this is still going to destroy any hardcore version of a former roadgoing ferrari/ maserati/ pagani on any racetrack.

Yeah, but those cars take so much work to prepare, and since they're used they won't come with any factory support at all. I'm sure the Zonda comes with all kinds of maintenance programs, plus the fact that it'd take less work to make it run anyway...

But then again you take look at the pagani and think: "Man, this is such a beauty"
- I want to see the pagani race the ferrari fxx and maserati mc12 corsa! :D

What if you thought that the Zonda was always overstyled?

The only 'current' car I can think of with the same remit is the MC12 Corsa, because wasn't the FXX an opportunity for punters to participate in a road-car technology testing programme? Compared to the Maserati the Pagani stacks up fairly well. Though if I was to spend over a million quid on a car for the track I might take a used competition GT1 and modify it ignoring the FIA's rules. If I wanted a car that was bonkers mental I'd get a Caparo T1, save myself about a million quid, park it in my garage and bring it out on the weekend whenever I wanted to take it for a spin around the block.

Hell I could afford a Caparo T1 for Monday, a Caterham 7 Levante for Tuesday, an Ariel Atom 500 for Wednesday, an Ultima GTR720 for Thursday, a Radical SR8 for Friday, a Ginetta G50R for Saturdays, a Bristol Fighter T for Sundays, and a S-Class Merc for going to the shops in for that money.

Awwww man i was gonna come in here and say this might be the first car that all of Finalgear can agree on... Way to fuck it up Meio and colddayin-hell

We don't all crave overpriced bling.

Last edited:
I'd buy that thing if I had the money for one thing and one thing only.

The sound it makes. If it revved about 2-2.5k rpm higher, it would sound like a 1989 Ferrari 640...

The only 'current' car I can think of with the same remit is the MC12 Corsa, because wasn't the FXX an opportunity for punters to participate in a road-car technology testing programme?
The MC 12 Corsa is not the MC 12 FIA-GT-Racecar! The Corsa version has been producud in order to celebrate the 2005 FIA-GT victory and it was sold as a gentleman's racecar without MOT approval.

The FXX, was meant to be a development program, that is true, whereas i'm questioning myself till this day, what these blokes have achieved really. :rolleyes:

Though if I was to spend over a million quid on a car for the track I might take a used competition GT1 and modify it ignoring the FIA's rules.
Exactly my thought! It doesn't greatly matter if it's an used GT1 or LMP1/ 2.

Last edited: