James May: Thundersprint 2009

Alasondro Alegré

Forum Addict
I remember last year there were contradicting stories about James' presence at the event, I never did find out if he went or not... anyway, it seems he's once again scheduled to be there,

Other attractions during the weekend include the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Spitfire which will be on display on the Sunday while six times World Champion Jim Redman, multiple trials champion Sammy Miller MBE will also be around for the weekend and Top Gear presenter James May.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/en/MC...eland-to-ride-at-thundersprint/?&R=EPI-105641

He was scheduled to appear last year as well, but he had to pull out at the last minute because he had to be in Japan for the TopGear race.

I was there last year. James wasn't, but I was too busy enjoying myself to notice, to be honest. It is an absolutely cracking weekend and they work hard to make it fun for everyone. Even I enjoyed it, and since my accident I've been a bit phobic about bikes :D

For those of you who are planning to go: news is out that James won't be able to make it this year. :( Some lousy excuse about having to meet the Queen and show her his plasticine garden at the Chelsea Flower Show. :p

Message from James via the Thundersprint organisers:

"I?m extremely disappointed not to be at this year?s Thundersprint, the greatest motorcycling event in Cheshire and probably the world, but I have to meet the Queen. And I don?t mean Jeremy Clarkson. It?s especially galling as I had race-prepared my Honda C70 Cub by fitting a new spark plug and pumping the tyres up a bit. I hope you all have an excellent day despite my absence.?

Wonder if his mum will make him have a hair cut beforehand. :D

Last edited:
"I?m extremely disappointed not to be at this year?s Thundersprint, the greatest motorcycling event in Cheshire and probably the world, but I have to meet the Queen. And I don?t mean Jeremy Clarkson. It?s especially galling as I had race-prepared my Honda C70 Cub by fitting a new spark plug and pumping the tyres up a bit. I hope you all have an excellent day despite my absence.?

:lol:

I doubt Mama May will make James get a haircut. I doubt James will want a haircut.