Race Pro

Right now there's not much hope for a demo before release. :( HAWX took up the demo slot this week, maybe next week if we're lucky.

Apparently some GAME stores in Europe will be releasing on the 13th... and there are reports that Blockbusters in the US will have it the 13th as well.

Grrr... Gamefly will send me mine on the 19th and I probably won't have it till the 22nd or 23rd... but the savings...

According the XBL it's already in the shops here, I'm surprised nobody else has picked up on this. It's the first thing on the Xbox World (or whatever the news thing is called).

Edit: Okay it was mentioned in the post above.

Last edited:
Right now there's not much hope for a demo before release. :( HAWX took up the demo slot this week, maybe next week if we're lucky.

Do they limit the number of released demos to one per week? Man, that blows...:(

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw4W4EeHkZg&feature=channel_page[/YOUTUBE]Why can't I have it now!

According the XBL it's already in the shops here, I'm surprised nobody else has picked up on this. It's the first thing on the Xbox World (or whatever the news thing is called).

Edit: Okay it was mentioned in the post above.

Yeah turns out the blockbuster lead was a dud. The system said they were selling but from what I heard none of the stores got shipments.

Atari is sticking to it's guns with "17th for US, 20th for Europe".

WANT SO BAAAAAD!!!

PS, http://www.justin.tv/candidgamer has a live stream, should be up in a little bit.

Out in Australia on the 27th :-(

I don't know why publishers still play stupid with release dates of movies, music and games. Everyone on the internet has the same release date :)

*cough *link removed** cough
Where is my inhaler......

PS. I dont have a Xbox so tell us how it went......

If anyone DARES pirate this game I will hunt them down and kill them. KILL THEM! DEAD!

Simbin NEEDS sales from this. They're a relatively small company. I think buying a great game for 20 bucks off is the least one can do investment wise. We need more great games from them.

That said the release isn't exactly smooth... there's a lot of complaints about speed glitching (apparently WTCC cars at the top of the leaderboards are about 30 seconds a lap faster than is physically possible... 1:06 around Laguna in a Mini?!) and the online lobbies aren't exactly smooth either.

But those are the only consistent problems I've been hearing about. The rest is usual tat like obscure freezing. Some guy (a whole thread, actually) was complaining that the side mirrors don't show independent images! :lol:

I think the coolest feature I've been hearing about is the online lobby, where it's like a free practice/test session while the game fills up, then host hits a button and bam straight into GWC (green-white-checkered, so 1 lap) qualifying. That's just awesome. I can't wait for it to come tumbling through my mail flap!

Last edited:
Looks good to me. So it's not $60?
I wish it was for PC as well since I have a wheel. The wheel would work on PS3 as well, but I don't have one yet.

That said the release isn't exactly smooth... there's a lot of complaints about speed glitching (apparently WTCC cars at the top of the leaderboards are about 30 seconds a lap faster than is physically possible... 1:06 around Laguna in a Mini?!) and the online lobbies aren't exactly smooth either.

Because they don't filter on settings. I.e. people running with all aids on

Because they don't filter on settings. I.e. people running with all aids on

No, that's definitely not it. ESP doesn't give you a whole minute around Macau, and it certainly doesn't let a Mini go around Laguna in a minute and six...

What two people found was that the game is wrongly assigning laptimes. For instance one guy did a Brands Hatch run and it applied to Pau. Needless to say he went straight to the top...

Apparently there's also some glitches with automatic gearboxes. They turn WTCC cars into Formula cars, both in cornering and acceleration.

And then there's a whole swath of people complaining about Force Feedback. However, I'm inclined to believe they are imbeciles and don't know what force feedback is or are just trolls.

IGN review:
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/954/954919p1.html

"Closing Comments
As unwelcoming as its front end may be, as underwhelming as it may look and as bare as its feature set is, when Race Pro hits the track it reveals its colours as a top tier racer. No other game has managed to capture the thrill of going bumper to bumper in pure-bred machinery quite so brilliantly as this, and if you can see through its shortcomings it's one of the very best available on the 360."

Presentation: 4.5
Functional is too elaborate a word for Race Pro's front end; it's sparse, unwelcoming and without fanfare.
Graphics: 7.5
Mild frame rate issues and screen tearing mar what's otherwise a handsome, if never dazzling, looking game.
Sound: 8.5
Pitch perfect engine notes combine with the mechanical drawl of the cars to create a convincing and often thrilling in-car symphony.
Gameplay: 9.0
On track this is one of the finest automotive experiences around, the handling and robust A.I allowing some gripping races.
Lasting Appeal: 8.5
The thrill of a well clipped apex never dims, and beyond that the multiplayer has the scope to extend Race Pro's lifespan.

OVERALL: 8.5

Last edited:
It's never a bad thing when the gameplay outshines the graphics... it shows the devs have spent twice as much time on the physics than the 3D rendering. Just like the days of C64 when games couldn't survive on pretty graphics!

Gimme gimme gimme!

I've had the game for a couple of days now and there are definitely some issues that I could well do without... Since you can hear all the positive notes elsewhere I'll be focusing on the negative aspects (and I'm not gonna cover graphics)

- Framerate sits at about 15-20fps depending on track/number of cars/random issues. Excessive screen tearing at 1080p, not so much at 720.

- Force feedback is problematic. Quite a few people, me included, don't get ffb or vibration at all through the wheel.

- Sound quality is abysmal. The sounds themselves are good, but they're downsampled and compressed at what sounds like 64kbps.

- Brake markers have been removed from most tracks, compared to Race07.

- Every time you want to modify your setup you need to save, and every time it creates a new save file which can't be deleted from within the game. I tried tweaking the dampers on the mini and ended up with 25 files.

- Driving aids can not be allowed or banned individually - you can not host a lobby allowing ABS but not TCS and STM

- Framerate sits at about 15-20fps depending on track/number of cars/random issues. Excessive screen tearing at 1080p, not so much at 720.

Whoa whoa whoa, hang on, that's unplayable. There's no way Microsoft would certify that. All the videos I've seen have been at a nice and steady 30 FPS. Your eye is playing tricksies.

In other news, Gamefly are being faggots and not sending my game. WTF. If they don't send it today I'm popping down to best buy. Screw the savings.

Whoa whoa whoa, hang on, that's unplayable. There's no way Microsoft would certify that. All the videos I've seen have been at a nice and steady 30 FPS. Your eye is playing tricksies.

IGN said there are some slight framerate issues, but yeah, I doubt it's dropping to 15-20 FPS on a regular basis. That would be terrible.

I like racing games but SimBin's previous games were all too much simulation for me. Do you guys think I'd be happy with Race Pro being someone who enjoys games like Forza, the GT-series and PGR?

I am going to rent this game if a DEMO is not available soonly. It doesn't look great, but the gameplay can really make up for that. And the game-maker decides if a demo is available or not.

Last edited:
I am going to rent this game if a DEMO is not available soonly. It doesn't look great, but the gameplay can really make up for that. And the game-maker decides if a demo is available or not.

Officially there is one on the way. But who the hell knows when.

I picked it up yesterday, I'm really enjoying it. Playing it on full difficulty its very, VERY hard but really enjoyable. There are a shit load of bugs and glitches, a shocking amount to be honest, but I'm confident once they're addressed with the first update it'll take the sting out of the game.

One thing : AMR DBR9, Brands Hatch, No TCS or ABS or STM, in the wet is very, well, 'interesting' ... :D