Would this be the end of the outrageous challenges and races

n00bular

Since the economic crisis is having an affect on everyone and the top gear crew having a massive budget cut. Does this mean that its the end of those crazy challenges and/or races?

:(

I hope not.

Erh, those challanges don't have to cost much and at the end of it they usually can sell a few good parts

Probably varies. For instance renting a test track to do cheap car challenges would get expensive. Also going to the North Pole etc.

Top Gear may be affected, but I doubt we'll notice it. They know what they're doing.

okay thanks guys :)

EDIT. Great to see. I for one think Top Gear would feel empty without it :lol:

Last edited:
To me, all this means is that they have to be more creative now. And, being Top Gear, I don't see this as a problem for them. I'm looking forward to how they handle the budget cut.

They don't need to do anything extra.

maybe they'll get back do doing proper car reviews? :D

Or just give the show to James May. I'm sure he could make it interesting.

Last edited:
I love Cheap-car challenges and the news, which are the cheapest things they do, really, so fine by me either way.

They should have a 'Make A Cheap Ferrari Replica' challenge. Give each of the boys a set amount (?1,500?) with which they have to buy a suitable car + Ferrari style body. The 3 'Ferraris' would then have to be judged by 10,000 screaming Top Gear fans at an auditorium somewhere ... :p

Last edited:
the challenges themselves aren't THAT expensive IMO. All they need it 3000? to buy cars, and some cameramen and sound crew. As long as they do them in the UK that's all they cost.

flying their presenters out to the ass end of the world to review another hypercar, is much more expensive.

i doubt they'll struggle much