Jezza and Dicky in helicopter bird strike.

Aston Martin

Proudly supports terrible french cars
Car(s)
Cactus and Panda Classic
Jeremy_Clarkson_PicJeremy_Clarkson_145x145_sIFR_390562853.jpg

'The accident-prone pair, who?ve recently had spots of bother with wasps and horses, were forced to make an emergency landing when a SEAGULL got stuck in their helicopter?s blades.

Just 30 seconds into a flight over Auckland, New Zealand, and 400ft up, the bird struck and pilot Andy McKay was forced to turn around and head back.

?There were six passengers and I told them, ?We?ve just clipped a bird, I?m going to go back and check the rotors out?,? McKay said.

?The seagull was killed instantly. When we touched down the passengers just jumped out.?

McKay said Hammond seemed so relieved he started taking souvenir pictures of the Squirrel helicopter and crew.'

Linky

Last edited:
...Seriously?
The news about these two is getting ridiculous now.
:|

If this is true... jesus christ. I'm so glad they're okay.

After reading about the recent incident where a plane went down into the Hudson River because of multiple birdstrikes...

Thank god they're okay.

Dr Ray Stantz: What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath of God type stuff.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Exactly.
Dr Ray Stantz: Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!
Dr. Egon Spengler: Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...
Winston Zeddemore: The dead rising from the grave!
Dr. Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!
:???:
its the end of the world i tell you!
they all laughed at me before but they're not laughing now
:shock2:

<grabs my tin foil hat and runs for the hills>

So... Bird gets killed by helicopter. Helicopter lands safely just to make sure nothing?s wrong. Nothing is wrong. Nobody panics.

AND SHIT LIKE THIS MAKES THE NEWS???

Probably because it involved Jezza and Hamster.

So... Bird gets killed by helicopter. Helicopter lands safely just to make sure nothing?s wrong. Nothing is wrong. Nobody panics.

AND SHIT LIKE THIS MAKES THE NEWS???

Welcome to the mass media hysteria.

That said, after what happened in the last month, don't be surprised if every birdstrike story gets some play - after all, a couple of birdstrikes took down an Airbus and made it land in the Hudson River.

A bug hit my windshield when I was driving. I had to drive to a gas station to clean it off
Bam! News!

A bug hit my windshield when I was driving. I had to drive to a gas station to clean it off
Bam! News!

And there you discovered the last thing to go through its mind was its arsehole!!!!!! ;)

Why didn't the pilot just land it in the Hudson

Not sure the fuel would be enough to get from NZ...

Although I do like the idea that in a double-engine-failure case it is now statistically a good idea to aim for the nearest river!

Let's hope this is the last thing that goes wrong for their tour, it could have ended a lot worse than this.

Jezza has seriously pissed off the animal kingdom. Maybe it was the comment about an animals duty is to be on his plate at dinner ;)

I'm surprised the Mail hasn't interpreted the story like this:

Top Gear thug, Jeremy Clarkson, has been condemned by the RSPB for murdering a defenceless seagull by deliberately flying a helicopter into its face.

Anyone want to add the next line?