Coconut Cars

How the hell did you get the coconuts into the basket if it's totally closed off?

you are allowed to move the vehicle before releasing the coconuts, with that, you can design a machine that will latch the box close when you press left / right.

tried the game again, still can't beat my 15sec run.

Hmm 31 seconds all coconuts and with a percentage of 83%
This is the score board

SNAG-0003.png

And this is the machine ( yes I know it looks werid Its 1 in the morning :p)
SNAG-0001.png

best run so far

12sec.jpg

Ok, I didn't look at anything in the thread before trying mine and I came up with this:

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blind_io/2009/02/17/coconut.JPG

I found, as I'm sure many of you did, that ALL the wheels rotate when you hit forward. At first I had it all spring loaded so the weight of the coconuts pushed the flap down and it closed behind them. The problem was that I had it on the wrong side so it would open when I went forward. Once I revered the design it worked like a charm!

I experimented with putting wheels on the top to avoid a roll-over, but it was too much weight that high up.

After looking at it a bit I decided to add some style so I just put a tail on it.

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blind_io/2009/02/17/coconut_000.JPG

Motorcycles FTW!

Last edited:
Looks pretty good, what are the results?

It takes a couple seconds to get all the coconuts in because they tend to jam the door open. Once they are in you can just floor it all the way to the end and not loose a one.

I'm still fine-tuning the mechanism, but my last run was 95%.

Last edited:
Make sure you have flash player 10. I had 9, and it was taking twice the time for my car to reach the end.

This is the best I can do:

coconut_car_12s.jpg

coconut_car_12s1.jpg

The 3 shocks in the back give a stiffer suspension compared to the 2 in the front and it apparently works.

This is the best I can do:

coconut_car_12s.jpg

coconut_car_12s1.jpg

The 3 shocks in the back give a stiffer suspension compared to the 2 in the front and it apparently works.

I did almost the exactly same thing and got the same time.

I tried the wheels on top idea and it just flipped over!

You have to be careful - controlling the car during the run is almost as important as the design itself.

If you find there's one particular bit of the course that sends your car flipping over, try taking it slower.

Or design a car that runs both ways up!

How the hell did you get the coconuts into the basket if it's totally closed off?

The wheel moves, meaning the lid opens and closes depending which way you're driving. So at the beginning, with the 'bucket' under the coconut depositor, the lid is shut and as far to the left as it goes.

When all coconuts are in, I drive off and the lid shuts.

Also a big plus to Blind_Io for a very clever mechanism.

Managed 90+%? Have some additional challenges

For each challenge, assume the goal is 90% overall (so you don't have to go megafast OR you can lose a coconut).

1. Can you build a coconut car with only one powered wheel that gets 90% or better?
2. Assume each wheel, line or brick piece counts as 'one bit' and suspension as 'none'. Can you make a car that gets 90% or more with 10 or less 'bits'? 5 or less?
3. Build a car that deposits all 15 coconuts into the grinder but doesn't go in itself.
4. Build a car that has no line pieces.

I reckon 1, 2a and 4 are fairly straightforward, but 2b and 3 will need a bit more thinking.

Last edited:
I just don't get this game. How do you get there in 12 seconds? Seriously. I cannot make any faster than 20... And thats with about 10 falling out.

Upgrading to Flash 10 did help, but I do have a shocking computer. But still, why should a game run slower on different machines?

I just don't get this game. How do you get there in 12 seconds? Seriously. I cannot make any faster than 20... And thats with about 10 falling out.

Upgrading to Flash 10 did help, but I do have a shocking computer. But still, why should a game run slower on different machines?

I've no idea. I have a pretty decent PC, and it runs like shit. I can't get there in under 45 seconds.

Me too, it's taking me over a minute to finish, and I got this really cool rig that funnels the coconuts into a trailer.

honestly, Now I'm just making the most bizarre vehicles I can. Right now I'm just making piles of wheels and such.

Edit:

I never tried using the circle tool, so I thought I would try to get creative an make a valve at the loading point for the coconuts using the circle (not the wheels) and some elastic. It slows the load down a bit but I can almost loop the carriage and not loose any.

I also tried using the elastic make a suspended carriage but that just amplified the bumps and sent the coconuts flying all over

We're on the second page so I'm not going to Spoiler this one.

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blind_io/2009/02/17/coconut_001.JPG

the little wheels on the bottom are because I would sometimes get high-centered. I was inspired by the "swimmers" on shrimp.

Last edited: