The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

Ha, no I'd take it and hack off all the bags and fairings and ... everything. Like this ...
menkelwing44_gl1000_sized_a.jpg

Someone at Suzuki has been watching too many Japanese robot animes. :lol:

Umhhh yeah Naked Goldwings are so fucking awesome.:jawdrop:

Strip off all the fairings and luggage then sell it all on ebay to finance the Cafe Racer mods.

Last edited:
A few times, I thought the Yamaha would crash...

Wow, that guy sure knows bike control the way he held the slides through the corner.
It was pure luck however that kept him alive through the whole ordeal. Too many blind corners taken on the racing line. If he wasn't stuck in traffic at one point he would have hit the oncoming traffic. And when riding on the knife's edge like that you can't compensate mid-corner to evade.
This sort of extreme driving should be kept on the track. At least try to stay on your side of the road.

He's an idiot and he's not going to last long blowing the double-yellow like that. He may be fast, but fast doesn't make you a good rider. He's not very smooth on anything and he can't stick to his line.

This is the sound of me not being impressed by stupidity.

Wow, that guy sure knows bike control the way he held the slides through the corner.
It was pure luck however that kept him alive through the whole ordeal. Too many blind corners taken on the racing line. If he wasn't stuck in traffic at one point he would have hit the oncoming traffic. And when riding on the knife's edge like that you can't compensate mid-corner to evade.
This sort of extreme driving should be kept on the track. At least try to stay on your side of the road.

He's an idiot and he's not going to last long blowing the double-yellow like that. He may be fast, but fast doesn't make you a good rider. He's not very smooth on anything and he can't stick to his line.

This is the sound of me not being impressed by stupidity.

Sadly, this kind of shit gives bikes and bikers a bad reputation.

My eyes are still seeing yellow after this

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs2RnbvHSuU&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

They must have trained that single course for weeks.
Always impressive how much slow-speed control those bike police have.
But if you train that stuff everyday...

Picked up by the bike today. Pictures will be forthcoming. I forgot to take pictures before I put it on the truck so the only pic I have off the truck is after it was dark in my garage.

CB750F1.jpg

CB750F2.jpg

CB750F3.jpg

CB750F4.jpg

CB750F5.jpg

The seat was still in the truck when I took those pictures. I will shoot some more later when it is light out.

Oh and the funny purple truck isn't mine it is my boss's. It is a pretty good truck though. The seats are some of the most comfortable I have ever sat in for a non-luxury vehicle. They have air bladders in the side bolsters and lumbar plus adjustable thigh support. Apparently these seats were put in top trim Rangers for only two years and came from the Mustang GT.

The bike is in good shape. It needs calipers all the way around, side covers, right side controls and a few other minor things.

Last edited:
Looks like a Tamiya model.
Nice color scheme.

Last edited:
So.... just a general question to all of you..

What were your guys' first bikes?

Mine was a 2003 SV650 that I got on my 18th Birthday.. My mum wouldn't allow me to have one previously, and I was still about a grand short of the price new, so my dad went behind my mum's back to help me out to get it... She was not a very happy mother/wife :lol:

96138748_l.jpg

She was a beaut. Custom little fender elim... Suburban Machinery lowered bars, chin and quarter fairing, solo seat cowl, and the Blue Flame exhaust which just made it sound like an absolute monster (not the bike :p). I miss that girl so much!

Do you guys have the same affections for your first ever bikes?

My first bike was a Husqvarna WR250. My first street bike was a Sook RF600R
I did luv mah Husqvarna though.. Although she gave me 2 broken arms, 1 broken leg and a bunch of other injuries...

Last edited:
Picked up by the bike today. Pictures will be forthcoming. I forgot to take pictures before I put it on the truck so the only pic I have off the truck is after it was dark in my garage.

So, I guess it fits in a Ford Ranger then. :mrgreen:

Congrats on getting the bike home safely, I'm looking forward to the teardown.

So, I guess it fits in a Ford Ranger then. :mrgreen:

Congrats on getting the bike home safely, I'm looking forward to the teardown.

Yeah it fit. A couple more inches and I could have closed the tailgate too. It was a little over a four hour round trip so not that bad at all. The seats in that truck are very comfortable too so I didn't feel a bit tired after the trip.

On about half a dozen occasions I had people tailgating less then a car length off my bumper at 60-65 mph.

The stupidity of people constantly surprises me so much that it really shouldn't surprise me anymore. Yeah I have four separate tie downs and another 20 feet of rope holding that bike in place but...

In the 0.1 percent chance that they all come lose and that bike comes out the back it does weigh 500 lbs and it is going to kill you when it hits your car.

Not only that.... chances are pretty good that it's going to ruin several other peoples' day too - the last "motorcycle ejecting from truck" accident I heard of took out eight cars and killed two people.

1986 Honda Shadow 500 - $900.