Attempting to plan a road trip. Help?

okay, so tentatively here's the plans that are materializing:

Me, my sis, her boyfriend (maybe) and another friend. 5 days, down to Cali along the PCH. Stopping in Seattle either on the way there or back (phuckingduck, we're going to take you up on that offer. :p) and probably either sleeping in the car or staying at a motel. We'll probably buy a giant cosco box of ramen to feed us for 2 days and the other 3 we'll eat out.

These plans are far from final. Like I said, my parents also seem to be dead set on not letting me do this, so it may not ever come to be - just as most of my roadtrip plans...

Guess who's feeding the better half of Ferndale High School in April?

<----THIS GUY!

Guess who's feeding the better half of Ferndale High School in April?

<----THIS GUY!

:p Looks like you're about to have it even worse off.

So, we've decided to scrap going all the way to California and just go to Seattle instead because, indeed, this is my roadtrip, I have the final say in everything, and I really want to go to Seattle. So, we're going there for 4 days. We're going to need a place to stay. Preferably, if anyone wants to spare 4 of us a room...:p but if not, then some good, cheap hotel/motel suggestions would be nice. :)

I'm going to plan out the trip and activities in further detail later, but for now I have a basic outline: go to Seattle, go to Uwajimaya, go to Archie McPhee's, go to the EMP. These do not have to be on the same day, but those are the 3 places I absolutely have to go.

Any other suggestions of good places to visit while in Seattle are welcome, or if any FG members in the area would like to meet up with us somewhere, that would be great. :)

((pssst, phuckingduck, I'm sorry. :p))

boo! I was going to also suggest the "Kayak across the ocean" idea because of its awesomeness

:p Looks like you're about to have it even worse off.

So, we've decided to scrap going all the way to California and just go to Seattle instead because, indeed, this is my roadtrip, I have the final say in everything, and I really want to go to Seattle. So, we're going there for 4 days. We're going to need a place to stay. Preferably, if anyone wants to spare 4 of us a room...:p but if not, then some good, cheap hotel/motel suggestions would be nice. :)

I'm going to plan out the trip and activities in further detail later, but for now I have a basic outline: go to Seattle, go to Uwajimaya, go to Archie McPhee's, go to the EMP. These do not have to be on the same day, but those are the 3 places I absolutely have to go.

Any other suggestions of good places to visit while in Seattle are welcome, or if any FG members in the area would like to meet up with us somewhere, that would be great. :)

((pssst, phuckingduck, I'm sorry. :p))
Unfortunately, I can't house you. So...a meal will have to suffice :p But if you're just doing Seattle something you may want to remember is to look at schools. UW and SU are right in town and both are fun just to walk around. Ballard and Fremont are of course obvious places to go, and you may want to try to schedule a Nintendo tour if you're into that sort of thing. How touristy do you want to get?

^ well since I actually intend to live in Seattle one day...I wanna see what I can see now. And although looking at schools would be nice, I'm already going to WWU. Although my sister might like to check out the Arts Institute while we're there...:)

Do you know of any good and relatively inexpensive places we could stay at? That seems to be the biggest issue now, is just finding somewhere to stay.

^ well since I actually intend to live in Seattle one day...I wanna see what I can see now. And although looking at schools would be nice, I'm already going to WWU. Although my sister might like to check out the Arts Institute while we're there...:)

Do you know of any good and relatively inexpensive places we could stay at? That seems to be the biggest issue now, is just finding somewhere to stay.
Good and cheap aren't words that often work together when talking about hotels :p I'll ask about places to stay, having never stayed in one in Seattle myself.

I don't think anyone's gonna know a special place. You either have to shack up at a regular motel, which will cost minimum $60-70 per night, or head for a student hostel.

I'm sure you can find a hostel in Seattle, and there's no shame in people your age staying in a hostel. But keep in mind if you got a motel room it would probably have two double beds, but a hostel would charge you for four people which might even work out to more than the motel room.

As for things to do, Gas Works Park always seemed interesting to me.

I don't know how important good food is to you while you are on road trips (it's VERY important to me) but if you use chowhound.com's Pacific Northwest board you can get recs for good cheap eats in pretty much any place you may be stopping. The best part is because most chowhounds are locals they can direct you to places that are not very touristy and would have otherwise missed if you just went buy travel books and tour guides

I don't know how important good food is to you while you are on road trips (it's VERY important to me) but if you use chowhound.com's Pacific Northwest board you can get recs for good cheap eats in pretty much any place you may be stopping. The best part is because most chowhounds are locals they can direct you to places that are not very touristy and would have otherwise missed if you just went buy travel books and tour guides
I was just gonna say eat at Dick's your whole time here, but this works too!

...eat at Dick's?

Why does that just not sound quite...right?

...eat at Dick's?

Why does that just not sound quite...right?
Wait, you've never had Dick's?
2611406782_569641d317_b.jpg

I like the "Dick's deluxe 1/4lb 100% beef" sign.