Med Gear

Alasondro Alegré

Forum Addict
CLASSIC CAR RALLY!!:drool::drool::drool::burnrubber:

This will be epic, mark my words.

Apparently that will be the Classic Rally Isla de Mallorca, to be held between March 18th and March 21st. Strangely, there is no mention of the Top Gear trio in the Entry List, but in the "Competition" category there are four "00" entrants by the names Kedward, Midwinter, Rockinham and Whitehouse. Could these be Clarkson, May, Hammond and the Stig under pseudonyms?

sweet! Can't wait for this!

You may have read in the Mallorcan newspapers that the folks from the British TV programme, Top Gear, have decided to participate. Presenters Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May are scheduled to compete in the V Rally Cl?sico Isla Mallorca. The very BBC is planning to film the rally and to then broadcast two 30 minutes programmes as part of their weekly Top Gear slot.

http://mallorcaphotoblog.wordpress.com/2009/02/20/top-gear/

Hmmm, it seems odd that they'd "milk" this thing over two episodes... not necessarily bad, just unusual. I suppose it makes sense in these reduced budget times.

It could be quite funny seeing Jezza and James down loads of different coloured shots in a Magalluf bar while Hammond has to fend off hordes of drunk fat birds on a hen party from Mansfield. Probably wouldn't make the final edit but as an extra on the website it would be a laugh.

Fat Birds from Mansfield - Bliss!

You DIRTY old MAN!!! Of course you know if your other half needs to lose some weight if she sits on your face and you can't hear the TV!!!! :mrgreen:

Just did a quick Google news search for Top Gear and it came up with the following article about some daft bint who had it off with Ashley Cole.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/topstories/Lingerie-model-who-slept-with.5041199.jp

Intrigued about what this had to do with TG, I read on...
Apparently "Last month Brooke returned to London in the hope of reviving her modeling career and with aspirations to make the switch into television. She reveals she has just returned from a casting session for an appearance on the BBC's Top Gear programme ? playing the part of a bubbly blonde who just happens to distract floppy-haired presenter James May during a rally on the holiday island of Majorca."

Sounds like the scene with Raul Julia in The Gumball Rally (top film, fantastic cars, have just watched it again :))

Edited to add said film clip (about 7mins in):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D6GsJFw_z0&feature=PlayList&p=7EDB3D16D3C647E1&index=95

Last edited:
Apparently that will be the Classic Rally Isla de Mallorca, to be held between March 18th and March 21st. Strangely, there is no mention of the Top Gear trio in the Entry List, but in the "Competition" category there are four "00" entrants by the names Kedward, Midwinter, Rockinham and Whitehouse. Could these be Clarkson, May, Hammond and the Stig under pseudonyms?

Kedward and Midwinter are actual rally drivers who have won previous races, the information on this was found by a mate of mine who told me. I must admit I too thought the guys were drving under pseudonyms.

So is this going to be done like the Britcar 24 hrs where they are all apart of 1 racing team? Or are they competing against each other? I would think the latter since I'm unaware of rally teams with multiple drivers.

Nevertheless, I can't wait for this!

Looks like theyr'e competing against each other.

That's odd, I no longer see their names on the list. :blink:

Yeah, can't see them either - still trying to keep it a secret I suppose, although by now anyone, who doesn't live under a rock should by now know, what they're up to