Race Pro

- Force feedback is problematic. Quite a few people, me included, don't get ffb or vibration at all through the wheel.

I'm wondering, can you look under the base of your wheel (without the clamp on), and tell me what is written under the text "Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel with Force Feedback"?

The code you're looking for is WRW0#

Thanks.

I have two MS wheels, one v1 with broken paddles and one rarely used v2, and I've tested both in various combinations/configurarions. I've tried the various "fixes" people have posted on the atari forums, but although I got vibration when the wheel was in the p2 slot I've not had any FFB yet.

I prefer my Logitech DriveFX but the axial feedback on that one doesn't seem to work at all.

All in all, this really spoils the game for me.

I like racing games but SimBin's previous games were all too much simulation for me. Do you guys think I'd be happy with Race Pro being someone who enjoys games like Forza, the GT-series and PGR?

It's not really comparable to PGR at all, in my eyes that's a pure arcade game while GT and Forza both have some degree of simulation to them. The size of the single player game is roughly the same as GT5 prologue, so if you enjoy the games you listed you might not be impressed by Race Pro.

As far as difficulty I don't think Race Pro's career is very hard even on pro mode, as I have won all races up to and including 2 GTclub contracts first try, without even learning the tracks. The handling isn't actually that far from GT4 using N compound tyres.

And yes, the frame lag and tearing really is that bad. How it got "certified" is beyond me, but then again there are so many bugs and glitches at this time that the frame rate isn't even the worst part of it. You'd have to be an unbelievably die hard Simbin fan to praise Race Pro at this point.

Last edited:
I finally broke down and picked it up yesterday.

Pros
-Great track detail, not far off from Forza but the tracks feel better, bumps and inconsistiencies are much more noticeable.
-Excellent sense of speed without the motion blur.
-Great tire physics, the tires act like race tires should act, something Forza failed at.
-Simple layout.
-Realistic brakes, more powerful than Forza or GT, still no fade, but at least they don't glow orange whenever you touch the pedal like Forza.
-Great sounds.
-Qualifying!

Cons
-Boring layout.
-Not a lot of feedback, hopefully they'll patch the wheel and I can try that, but the controller doesn't tell you when a wheel is going to lock up or when your at the limit of grip as well as Forza. It lacks in feedback through vibration and audible feedback.
-Can't feel the cars weight as well as GT or Forza.
-Sounds and some effects sound homogenized.
-Too much understeer (Though they could just have set up the cars for understeer and I haven't fiddled with the setup yet)
-Bumper cars

Last edited:
Whats the best racing wheel for 360? I've had nothing but bad experience with crappy wheels in my life.

I have mixed feelings on this game. Clearly the best way to get my point across is to compare it to forza. One thing to be careful about directly comparing them is that you must only look at the R4, R3, R2, and R1 cars in forza.

The Good:
1. AI - Wow, this is a massive difference from Forza. Not only are you racing 15 other cars, but they are smart for once. I could not stand the AI in forza, in this I love it! The AI will actively leave the racing line to block or pass. The AI will go way out of the way to avoid any collisions also. I can see the AI cars lock up from time to time and that also adds to why they are awesome.

2. Cars - Sure a lot of people will say there are not enough cars.... bullroar. For me the best cars in Forza 2 were the race classes, and I could give a dam less for the others. I have not made it into the really fast stuff yet, but I am loving the cars.

3. Driving - If you feel like playing with driving aids dont bother with this game. Turning any of the aids on really ruins what this game has over forza. Playing with all the aids off is a real treat and rewards you for being light on the pedals.

4. Qualifying - Dear god thank you!!!!! No longer will be punish faster drivers by putting them to the back of the grid. On the other hand I love setting myself in last place when playing the AI since they are such a treat to pass and race against.

5. Sense of Speed - Forza never felt that fast to me. Sure in R1 it was fast, but this feels a lot quicker. Grid does show speed the best though.

Bad

1. Graphics - Sure I don't measure how good a driving game by how good it looks. This is why I bought this over Grid. I wont lie though, its really hard to not be dissapointed of how un impressive this game looks, esp when next to grid or PGR4.

2. Sound - there are some excellent sounds to be found, but like someone said they all seem compressed or something. I love the tranny wind and the backfires, but this game has nothing on other games.

3. Sense of weight - I dont know, I just think forza gave you a better feeling of weight and momentum.

Last edited:
I wish XBL would put out a demo damnit.

I wish XBL would put out a demo damnit.

Why do you need a demo? Its a simple choice to make, are you a true racing fan?

Yes = buy the game now
No = dont bother
I think Grid is perfect = facepalm

The more I play the game the more I like it. I find career to be too hard to too easy with no middle ground. The Championship section is just right! I love having 16 cars on the track and setting my race lengths long 20+ laps. That way I have 20 laps to pick off 15 cars, its everything I wanted in Forza2.

Whats the best racing wheel for 360? I've had nothing but bad experience with crappy wheels in my life.

The only one to get is the official one. All the others are complete crap, whereas the official one is only half crap.

I'm really liking the turn indicator that pops up, the gear it tells you is nearly always wrong, but I can see the track as opposed to the invasive racing line, and I'm learning some of these obscure tracks pretty rapidly.

I've found the Gumpert is a piece of shit, but the Alfa 75 and E30 are fucking brilliant, the sounds! I just don't get why they give us all these tight street circuits and then leave out a handbrake?

I'm really liking the turn indicator that pops up, the gear it tells you is nearly always wrong, but I can see the track as opposed to the invasive racing line, and I'm learning some of these obscure tracks pretty rapidly.

I've found the Gumpert is a piece of shit, but the Alfa 75 and E30 are fucking brilliant, the sounds! I just don't get why they give us all these tight street circuits and then leave out a handbrake?

The turn indicator is not telling you the gear, rather the severity of the turn.

The racing line is garbage, but at the same time I still like it. Since there are not too many braking point signs I sometimes base my brake point on how many car lengths after it tells me to brake.

Good I am glad I am not the only one who thinks the Gumpert is garbage. The brakes on that thing are non existent. I honestly thing that if I opened the window and put my hand out that the extra wind drag would product more stopping force than the brakes on that car.

I also love the touring cars. If you play the minis, you are getting nothing from this game. The game shines in the touring car classes ( and GT when I make it that far). Such tight racing and good AI means that I like to start from the back of the grid.

While the championship mode is perfect, I hate career mode. There is a lot less user options on race type and AI so it makes it a lot less fun. I generaly like 20 or more lap races where I can learn the track and slowly pick off other cars one by one.

Last edited:
I'm just pounding out career right now, trying to get that damn F3000 car. They really do have the physics down. If only Forza would model tires like SimBin then we wouldn't have these ugly Juggernaut Peugeots running around with 100 hp and a homogenized full downforce kit.

I'm just pounding out career right now, trying to get that damn F3000 car. They really do have the physics down. If only Forza would model tires like SimBin then we wouldn't have these ugly Juggernaut Peugeots running around with 100 hp and a homogenized full downforce kit.

Yea whats the deal with them Peugeots, I see everyone running them these days?

Yea whats the deal with them Peugeots, I see everyone running them these days?
Extreme downforce that makes the car drive very easily and they can cut every corner and pretty much not let off the throttle at all.

Can you turn the indicator off like the racing line? Playing the Race 07 demo I found it was a lot more fun having the turn indicator off. Made me faster, too.

I'm pretty sure you can turn it off.

I've been playing with the controller, for the fact that it's a pain and the ass to set up and tear down the wheel when I want to use it.

I'd say the controller is on par with Forza as far as ease of use, and I think it takes long sweeper better than Forza.

Why do you need a demo? Its a simple choice to make, are you a true racing fan?

Yes = buy the game now
No = dont bother
I think Grid is perfect = facepalm

I'm a true racing fan but, if the graphics sucks then I don't want to bother. I've never played Grid so i can't comment. Forza 2 is a pretty decent sim IMO, I prefer it over the GT series. The game I truly can't wait for is the F1 sim being made by codemasters, I'm very curious to see how that one will turn out.

I'm a true racing fan but, if the graphics sucks then I don't want to bother. I've never played Grid so i can't comment. Forza 2 is a pretty decent sim IMO, I prefer it over the GT series. The game I truly can't wait for is the F1 sim being made by codemasters, I'm very curious to see how that one will turn out.

Well it all depends on what kind of racing you liked most on forza. If you liked tuning your cars to compete in the S, A and B classes then this is not for you. If you loved the endurance race at road atlanta in R4 then this is for you.

I really like the AI in the game and for me thats the only reasion why I play it. In forza I drove with traction control and ABS, if you do so in race pro the game is rubbish. On race pro I made the change over to no aids at all and I am loving it. I was always good with putting the gas on slowy out of a turn but braking is a whole new dynamic for me. I am no longer mashing on the brake pedal the moment I hit my brake point and holding it on. I now mash it on and ease off of it as I start to turn into the apex.

Its hard to recomend the game. It can be a lot of fun, but it really lacks polish. The colision dection and damage is terrible and you can play bumper carts a little too well. Having weather is nice, but I feel like I am missing some tracks. On the whole for me the only reasion I play it over forza is due to the fact that I can set my race lengths to 20+ laps and have a even field of touring cars. I cant help but feel the more I talk about race pro the more I feel like I am missiong out on so much stuff found in Forza.