2004 Subaru Impreza WRX

Just picked up a JDM Version7 STi Cluster. 9k tachometer, 8k redline, adjustable shift light. Lots of cool stuff, except it lights up green and it's horrid. So, I'm sending it out for a custom LED conversion. What colour though? Blue, Red, or White?

Blue:
04-WRX-Blue-Cluster-Conversion-1.jpg

Red:
04-WRX-RED-Cluster-Conversion-1.jpg

White:
White-07-WRX-Cluster.jpg

My vote is for blue! :)
Red isnt that much of a appeal to me and white looks a bit dull.
Plus the blue will match the car colour :p

Blue, easily. I had a blue cluster with red needles in my Jetta, and it was very easy on the eyes and non-invasive while being awesome looking.

What does your car redline at, though?

Yeah, defo blue, that's a beauty.
Pretty sweet overall. I, personally, am not a big fan of white rims but thats just me.
They look much better than the brownish-gold stock rims.

Nice car!

Blue, easily. I had a blue cluster with red needles in my Jetta, and it was very easy on the eyes and non-invasive while being awesome looking.

What does your car redline at, though?

Thanks everyone for their opinion. I'll have pictures when I get the cluster done.

The car as it stands with the USDM EJ205, redlines at 7k. I am however, doing a complete motorbuild, which will raise it to 8k.

Last edited:
And my Advans still aren't in yet. BLEH.

Red! Red just looks so awesome at night!

lol. Thanks for the input guys.

The gauge is being done in blue. Werd.

Green is fine. That's how it should be.

All the WRX models comes with green gauges as standard.

I loathe the green lighting.

Just picked up a JDM Version7 STi Cluster. 9k tachometer, 8k redline, adjustable shift light. Lots of cool stuff, except it lights up green and it's horrid. So, I'm sending it out for a custom LED conversion. What colour though? Blue, Red, or White?

Blue:
04-WRX-Blue-Cluster-Conversion-1.jpg

Red:
04-WRX-RED-Cluster-Conversion-1.jpg

White:
White-07-WRX-Cluster.jpg

To play devil's advocate, while the JDM cluster is all MAD TYTE JDM YO! cool and all, why would you:

1. want a cluster with the incorrect redline

2. have a speedo that is only in kph and have top speed that is slower than your car's top speed

3. ver 7 which is green like your WRX instead of red like the later Sti cluster.

methinks you made a mistake and should have gotten a US Sti red instrument cluster.

To play devil's advocate, while the JDM cluster is all MAD TYTE JDM YO! cool and all, why would you:

1. want a cluster with the incorrect redline

2. have a speedo that is only in kph and have top speed that is slower than your car's top speed

3. ver 7 which is green like your WRX instead of red like the later Sti cluster.

methinks you made a mistake and should have gotten a US Sti red instrument cluster.

1. Doing an engine build. Need a higher redline.
2. Can easily be converted to MPH, but I don't care.
3. v8+ Clusters to my knowledge, aren't plug and play.

1. Doing an engine build. Need a higher redline.
2. Can easily be converted to MPH, but I don't care.
3. v8+ Clusters to my knowledge, aren't plug and play.

All the people i know who've transplanted USDM Sti clusters into their WRX have told me it was plug n play, all the connections are the same.

All the people i know who've transplanted USDM Sti clusters into their WRX have told me it was plug n play, all the connections are the same.

IIRC, only the 04 STi cluster is plug and play.

Anyhow, I've grown fond of my JDM Cluster. haha. The way the speedometer sweeps around ridiculously fast because it's in KPH is pretty neat.

On a different note, I am told my Advans will be in next Friday. Super excited, lol.

Just a Tease:

IMG_4303.jpg