The "New Toys" Thread

On Valentine's day, me and my girlfriend spent the evening at a nice romantic dinner. On the way home we wanted to stop for a cake or something sweet. Well, let's just say, we ended up without a cake but walked away from the mall with this :)

guitar-hero-world-tour-drum-kit1.jpg

I hope she has an interest in music, because if not she wants you to spend countless hours alone, you're supposed to wait until after marriage for that :|

I hope she has an interest in music, because if not she wants you to spend countless hours alone, you're supposed to wait until after marriage for that :|

Well, it was mainly her idea :), so most of the time, it's the two of us playing. Much better than me playing Fallout 3 for xx hours, while she is in the other room watching some tv series..

I play guitar hero and rock band with my whole famiy :<

Mum (Dad when's home) and my brother and when my mum is in the states over live :p

They both play other games though as well

For my MacBook:

applecare.jpg

I only got it so when the flimsy plastic casing cracks for no reason again they wont give me shit for me wanting them to fix their terribly designed laptop enclosure. <_<

Remembering to get Applecare 2 days before the cutoff date ftw.

Last edited:
That sucks. Hey, speaking of defects, my 8600GT shat the bed today. I'm not sure whether I'll RMA it, buy a new one, or both.

RMA it, if it's still under warranty.

I spy a cat/dog bed, 3M Dust Remover, 50-pack spindle of blank discs, marking pens, and a shoe. And maybe a pink cat toy.

I spy a cat/dog bed, 3M Dust Remover, 50-pack spindle of blank discs, marking pens, and a shoe. And maybe a pink cat toy.

Good eye. Though you may have missed the welder in the middle. :D

I have advanced a stage in automotive modifier evolution - I can weld my own stuff now. :D

Did she break up with you? GH:WT is pretty crappy in almost all aspects when compared to Rock Band 2.

wait, what? I don't really like the RB2 drums, so when we're tired of playing GHWT, I'll just buy the RB2 game separately and use GH instruments..

wait, what? I don't really like the RB2 drums, so when we're tired of playing GHWT, I'll just buy the RB2 game separately and use GH instruments..
Well, I hope for your sake they've fixed the drum set by now so that it actually works. I never heard anything but an endless stream of complaints about it when the game came out.

Well, I hope for your sake they've fixed the drum set by now so that it actually works. I never heard anything but an endless stream of complaints about it when the game came out.

I've heard the same thing, that most of the drums were broken. But it's been some time since the game came out and my drums don't seem to have problems so far, hopefully it'll stay that way..

If she really loved you, she'd get you the ION drum set, anyway. :p

Did she break up with you? GH:WT is pretty crappy in almost all aspects when compared to Rock Band 2.

I didn't even realize that wasn't Rock Band. :p I saw the drums and microphone and figured it couldn't be Guitar Hero.

Meh, I guess I'm one of the few who sucks at and thus dislikes these music games. I guess it's all Audiosurf for me.

I didn't even realize that wasn't Rock Band. :p I saw the drums and microphone and figured it couldn't be Guitar Hero.

Meh, I guess I'm one of the few who sucks at and thus dislikes these music games. I guess it's all Audiosurf for me.

No, I hate music games too .. and I actually make music of my own ... it's just not like making music ... guitar hero is nothing like playing the guitar, the drums are nothing like real drums .. etc. It's just stupid and makes no sense. You want to play like a rock band? Get some real instruments and start playing for real ... now that's a game worth playing.