The "Pet-Peeve/Stuff I can't stand/hate" Thread

Similarily:
Couples that show up at parties or other 'social events' and then isolate themselves from all the other people and spend the whole time exclusively with each other. It's just so pointless and annoying! If you want to spend time together, you don't have to meet other people to do that. And if you want to meet with your friends, don't sit on top of each other the whole time ffs.

I agree!!! People in love can just be so annoying. :p

People who walk slowly and meander about with no concern for everyone else who wants to pass them. And of course they have huge bags from some overpriced store that they just have to hold in a manner that maximizes their width. Thanks, asshats.

Going to H&M on a Friday afternoon when it's full of 14-year old giggling girls.

Continueing on the subject of love....

I fucking hate people in love, I just do. I have a couple of friends (if you can call them friends anymore) who I used to be very close with, people I've known for almost 10 years and counting. Both of these then happened to find girlfriends of their dreams, supposedly. And completely disappeared from the face of the earth.

You didn't hear from them, didn't see them, nothing. And it's not like I just waited. For a period of 14 days I called one friend, who had found love, every other day, making 7/14, asking if he would like to go grab a beer, shoot some pool, play football, watch a movie.....nope. Nothing.

Every god damn time he "had something else" or "was tied up for the night". He couldn't even say that he was spending the night out with his girl, again. As if he was ashamed of it. And this wasn't like for the first few weeks of their relationship. Nnnooo....after 6 friggin' months they were still acting like two kids who just met.

Fuck.

And naturally the relationship ended in not so good terms and my friend was crushed. Wanna bet if I cared for one bit ?

I'm all good if you people want to find that special someone, but it is no damn reason to abandon your friends you've known for a decade !! Jesus mary fucking christ I hate people in relationships....I mean, it's not like they're trying to solve the da vinci code or cure cancer....IT IS A RELATIONSHIP for crying out loud !! I don't care how much you love your significant other, you will not physically die if you spend two days apart from each other.

Everything else in the thread is also like my own words, but that's just because I pretty much hate everything, and I do mean everything. Anything that lives, breathes or doesn't.

Yes, I am a cynical asshole, see if I give a damn.

Last edited:
-People that try to make small talk for the sake of talking.
-People whom think words that are longer than 4-5 letters or with more than two consonants is a big word. For example, I once used the word uncoordinated and the idiot next to me in class said don't use big words they confuse me, seriously?
-People whom, when the teacher "asks any questions?" after teaching something, raise their hand and say " I dun gettit" to which the teacher asks what don't they get and they reply with "everything" thankfully the teacher is usually annoyed by the student at this point, because of his ongoing disruptions with talking to other students around them, and tells them that they should have paid attention.
-People who stop in the middle of the crowded hall, one side going one way the other side the other way, and then wonder why everyone is bumping into them. Usually its a case of two people stopping on both sides because they wanna chat.
-People whom always think that someone is talking about them, FFS stop being so self centered.
-People whom always strictly follow the rules and don't shut up about thinking their a good person for doing so. For Example, In my Engineering class the teacher was out on Friday and hadn't left any assignment just to make up any uncompleted work, and everyone was all caught up so everyone was playing games online. Except this one kid who was sitting there and whenever someone asked why he wasn't playing he said he didn't want to get in trouble when clearly everyone else wasn't getting in trouble because it is late day Friday and the school doesn't give a rat's arse about monitoring the network. Even I was doing something on the computer, he was just sitting there with his computer turned off.
-People who like use like like way to many like times cause it's like really like annoying and I like get a like urge to like punch them in like the like face! OMGWTFBBQ Shut the f*** up!!!!! You sound so uneducated!
-People who use words in the completely wrong context. The current trend being the word ignorant being used in place of annoying.
-People who don't make an effort to succeed in school, they're happy with a C and couldn't care about aiming higher. To me a C is fine, a B is alright, and an A I'm happy with it what I aim for.
-Not really annoying to me: People who call me a nerd to try and insult me, that is so not an insult to me because I am a nerd and proud if it. It's a nerds world, we are the ones who get great jobs that pays well. So as I roll up to the lights in a Ferrari and see you, the person who called me a nerd, driving a rustbucket, I'll make sure to mention how great it is to be a nerd as I roar away from the light off to a trackday. I love being smart so someone calling me a nerd just makes me happier and they never understand why.
-People who think that riced up cars are more awesome and faster than a Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche.
-People who are complete pigs and use derogatory remarks about women all the time. Using the words titties, ass, hoe, bitch, whore all the time and don't get why they are alone.
-People who crave so much attention anywhere they are.
-People who try to control everything.
-People who interrupt a conversation.
-People who refuse to let other people have opposing opinions.
-The Mac fan boy/hater, I'm impartial to Macs and Windows. Both have their strong and weak points.
-When I can't get comfortable in my computer chair.
-When I wake up with a massive cowlick.
-When my computer monitor goes pink; as the video cable cannot be tightened enough for it to stay snug in the output, a lead will sometimes fall away from the connector and this turn my computer monitor pink until I jiggle it around for a few minutes.

- People who spend entire lectures talking and laughing and texting with their feet up on the seats in front of them.

- People who giggle like nasty little schoolgirls when someone with an accent of any kind is reading something out aloud or making a point in a group discussion.

- People who won't try to engage in a discussion with you when you're instructed to just because you haven't known me for years or went to school with me. What's so bad about talking to new people? I like to know at least a little bit about as many people as possible.

- The uni cafeteria only selling cans of soft drink (awkward) or big bottles (which cost $3 and a are, well, too big) and not smaller ones.

- Current fashion trends. None of them suit me and people look at me strange for not following trends and wearing whatever the hell I want.

- People who react snappily when a shop worker asks then if they need help as if they think the employee thinks they're incapable of finding what they need. Having worked in retail, I can tell you it really isn't a nice way to respond to someone offering their assistance. It's what customer service is.

- Stupid 16 year old cashiers at service stations who refused to give me change for a tenner because 'we're not allowed to' when I always go in there to get change for the car-wash and have never been refused. The stupid cash machine thing is hardly ever working. Also, it is around the back of the place where I, as a young woman by myself, doesn't want to stand with quite a sum of money visible in what is, frankly, a pretty nasty area of town.

People walking around with their iPod Touch everywhere. I see at least 7 or more people walk around with one everyday. That's why I refused to buy one and I went with a fourth gen nano instead, just because I don't want to be "one of them".

People walking around with their iPod Touch everywhere. I see at least 7 or more people walk around with one everyday. That's why I refused to buy one and I went with a fourth gen nano instead, just because I don't want to be "one of them".

I walk around to and from work listening to my HTC, and that looks like an iPod touch/iPhone but without the stupid white earphone cable, so where does that place me? :D

Any music video where someone is obviously hamming up playing an instrument.

Any song with gratuitous amounts of screaming. Bonus points if it's largely incoherent.

I love my iPod touch- my parents had originally got me a nano but they saw how much I loved my cousin's 32gb touch and swapped it before christmas for an 8gb one. I don't care if half my school has one, I got it for the awesome features, not the coolness of it. And I'm one of the uncoolest people at my school, so trying to fit in doesn't concern me!!!!

New pet peeve- when you are talking to a guy you like and your friend keeps interrupting you and him to go "oh yeah? well I do this and tht and all this and that and I'm so awesome...." Then claims to not like him/be competing with you and then whinges about how much he likes her because he smiled at her. WTF????????

Continueing on the subject of love....

I fucking hate people in love, I just do. I have a couple of friends (if you can call them friends anymore) who I used to be very close with, people I've known for almost 10 years and counting. Both of these then happened to find girlfriends of their dreams, supposedly. And completely disappeared from the face of the earth.

You didn't hear from them, didn't see them, nothing. And it's not like I just waited. For a period of 14 days I called one friend, who had found love, every other day, making 7/14, asking if he would like to go grab a beer, shoot some pool, play football, watch a movie.....nope. Nothing.

Every god damn time he "had something else" or "was tied up for the night". He couldn't even say that he was spending the night out with his girl, again. As if he was ashamed of it. And this wasn't like for the first few weeks of their relationship. Nnnooo....after 6 friggin' months they were still acting like two kids who just met.

Fuck.

And naturally the relationship ended in not so good terms and my friend was crushed. Wanna bet if I cared for one bit ?

I'm all good if you people want to find that special someone, but it is no damn reason to abandon your friends you've known for a decade !! Jesus mary fucking christ I hate people in relationships....I mean, it's not like they're trying to solve the da vinci code or cure cancer....IT IS A RELATIONSHIP for crying out loud !! I don't care how much you love your significant other, you will not physically die if you spend two days apart from each other.

Everything else in the thread is also like my own words, but that's just because I pretty much hate everything, and I do mean everything. Anything that lives, breathes or doesn't.

Yes, I am a cynical asshole, see if I give a damn.
Agreed. I HATE it. Had the same thing with a couple of friends.

And I hate birthdays. It's my sisters birthday today and the room is full with people being overly nice and funny. Blegh.

- People in supermarkets blocking the aisles with their carts by going slow as hell/stoping confused not knowing where to go/talking to someone, get out of my fucking way, I didn't go there to spend the entire afternoon, I have a list, get the things on the list, go out.

- Parents who send texts/letters/cards as if it was their kid sending it, your offspring is 2 years old I know he didn't send it, it's not cute/funny, it's pathetic.

- People who come up to me at family parties when I'm playing with some of my cousins kids/cousins/nephews saying with a smirk, 'so it's you next time!', you've been saying that the last 10 times someone had a kid, your statistics are against you.

- Parents who send texts/letters/cards as if it was their kid sending it, your offspring is 2 years old I know he didn't send it, it's not cute/funny, it's pathetic.

Or from their pet. :lol:

Reminds me of those 'Adopt a random animal' things where the dolphin/penguin/iguana/lion/shark/polar bear in question writes to you.

- people who have their kids doing the cutsie answering machine messages. THEY AREN'T FUNNY, THEY AREN'T CUTE TO ANYONE ELSE OTHER THAN YOU!!!! STOP IT

- getting kids with mild speech impediments to do radio and TV ads

- people with trolleys in supermarkets. I keep telling people to apply the road rules in the Supermarket (including pulling to the side when you want to stop, and checking before you pull out) to make everything smoother (handbaskets people are the motorbikes)

- telemarketers - fastest way to stop me buying your brand is to try and sell something to me over the phone. Even when I'm on the Do Not Call register (and yes, I do report the offenders)

- people who don't know the road rules +/ drive 20kph below the speed limit in the outside lane. The big signs on the major roads (100kph+) say "Keep Left Unless Overtaking". Take the hint (Aussies can read the Rate The Plate website for other things)

- BrotherMichael - I'm with you on that one. I've always maintained at least a "one night a week is me with my friends and you're not invited rule", so it's not impossible. I get pissed off with being ignored for months on end until the phone call at 2am from the crying friend who's just broken up and needs someone to talk to (I'll always go over and do the hand holding thing, but always hard to be empathetic when that person hasn't returned phone calls for 6 months).

- Vandals who break+/ take, and people who scratch your car in the carpark and don't own up to it.

- People who leave everything to the last minute and want heaps of stuff from me at work. They've known they've needed it for a month, but call 30 minutes before their deadline and expect miracles.

- The idea that one day I'm going to turn into my mother (it's already started to happen)