Anyone got ?85,000 I can borrow?

CrzRsn

So long, and thanks for all the fish
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
Prodrive helped make its name ? and a whole lot of World Rally Championship fans ? with its race prepped, royal blue Subaru Impreza race cars. Now the very first one of them, piloted by no less than the power duo of the late Colin McRae and Nicky Grist, is for sale. Introduced at the Rallye Monte Carlo in 1997, the car is privately owned now and can be yours for ?85,000 (about $123,000). While that's a lot for an old Subaru, something tells us that as the years roll by, this car will prove to be a very large bargain.

The 1997 RDH tarmac version of the Subie wears chassis number PRO-WRC-97-001, and now bears the registration number P18 WRC. It has been thoroughly rebuilt by Ireland's McKinstry Motorsport, since no matter how much you like Colin McRae, Pierro Liatti, and Kenneth Erikkson, you probably don't want to deal with the stressed-out pieces of a steed they have ridden hard.

http://img25.imageshack.**/img25/1322/01wrcimpreza97.jpg

I must have this in my life.

That is an enormous bargain!!! Of course with any race car the purchase price is an irrelevance as running costs are the killer. But what a car.

This thing will skyrocket in value, no question over that.

Now, anybody interested in partial ownership?

Hello my friend

The president of Nigeria has suddenly died and I have come into a small fortune which I must get the rid of and I like very much to give you a share of this money. Please to me forward your name and the details of your bank account so that I may transfer the funds immediately.I look forward very much to your cooperation

Sincerely

Mr X

Dear Mr X,

Please check your private messages for my name and the details of my bank account. I have chosen to send it to you via private message to keep my bank account secure.

I thank you very much for your generous offer and will be forever greatful.

Yours Sincerely,

I.M. Stupid.

Now, if the new owner actually drives it....

Excuse my stupidity, but is it road legal? Converted to AUD$188,995.40 *faint*

Probably yes. WRC drivers often have to drive them from the finish of the previous stage to the start of the next stage via normal roads.

(And, at times, they get caught for speeding... Just ask Sebastien Loeb.)

Excuse my stupidity, but is it road legal? Converted to AUD$188,995.40 *faint*

Yes you would get rego under special interest, so you couldn't exactly take it posing on a saturday night, but yes it would be road legal.