2009 Formula 1 Pre-Season Thread

Being a noob too, i cant imagine how anyone can draw any conclusion from those two pics. We don't know how many laps each car did, what settings they used or even if they used the same tires...

I'm a noob. So who is worse off in the tire wear ? Fezza or Macca ?

From those two pics, it's impossible to draw conclusions. Besides, I dont think you can judge it as to me it looks more like marbles/debris that have accumulated on the Ferrari tyre.

Report on today's testing...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/73494

Vettel dominates first day at Jerez

By Jonathan Noble Sunday, March 1st 2009, 16:46 GMT

Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull, Jerez testing March 2009Sebastian Vettel continued to show the potential of his Red Bull Racing RB5 on Sunday when he ended the opening day of this week's group test in Jerez comfortably clear of the opposition.

The German was 1.3 seconds in front of Felipe Massa in the Ferrari on a day affected by a midday shower, as all the current 2009 machinery came together.

Massa was conducting set-up work but he lost some track time following an off-track excursion in the early afternoon.

Toyota marked their return to European testing, following two weeks in Bahrain, with test driver Kumui Kobayashi setting the third best time as he focused on aerodynamic evaluation work.

"This morning was my first real chance to try out the TF109 in dry conditions," said the Japanese. "From the first run the car felt easy to drive so we were able to get straight into our programme of aero work. It certainly feels like a step forward from last year.

"The shower interrupted our afternoon but we still made it through our programme. Overall it went well so this was a good day of testing for us."

Nico Rosberg was fourth fastest for Williams, ahead of Robert Kubica in the BMW Sauber and Giancarlo Fisichella in the new Force India.

Pedro de la Rosa was seventh fastest in the McLaren, with Nelson Piquet ending the day at the bottom of the timesheets in the Renault R29.

Today's testing times:

Pos Driver Team Time Laps
1. Vettel Red Bull (B) 1:19.055 87
2. Massa Ferrari (B) 1:20.330 63
3. Kobayashi Toyota (B) 1:20.699 79
4. Rosberg Williams (B) 1:21.171 71
5. Kubica BMW Sauber (B) 1:21.292 47
6. Fisichella Force India (B) 1:21.584 31
7. de la Rosa McLaren (B) 1:21.831 94
8. Piquet Renault (B) 1:22.011 52

What's interesting is that no car managed to complete more than 100 laps today. Could be because of the rain, could be because of other issues...

This makes a whole lot more sense:

JEREZ TEST - SUN 1st MARCH 2009
Date: Sunday March 1 2009
Drivers: Pedro de la Rosa
Track Length: 4.423km
Weather: Cloudy, with a light patter of rain at lunchtime
Track temperature: Maximum 16.1?C
Air temperature: Maximum 15.9?C
Laps run today: 94
Laps run in total at test: 94
Kilometres covered today: 416km
Kilometres covered in total at test: 416km
Best lap time today: 1m21.831 at 16:08pm
Best lap time of the test: 1m21.831
Programme: Pedro joined the test team today to evaluate compounds and casings for Bridgestone?s 2010-spec rubber. Next year?s tyres will be different as they will no longer be pre-heated in blankets and must also sustain cars running with heavier fuel-loads due to the ban on refuelling. While the team conducted some work using blankets, the prime runs were done without pre-heating, providing Bridgestone with useful data for next season. Despite the day?s session being punctuated by several red flags, the team completed 94 laps before an oil pressure sensor brought Pedro to a premature halt out on the circuit with just 10 minutes of the session remaining. Pedro said: ?Running without tyre blankets makes it harder to get heat into the tyre ? but that?s the objective for next year and that?s why Bridgestone will supply the teams with different compounds. We managed a lot of laps today and the work with the tyres was very positive.?
Drivers for tomorrow: Heikki Kovalainen
Duration of test: Five days (March 1-5)
Next Test: Barcelona (March 9-12)

Driver
Constructor Time Laps
Sebastian Vettel Red Bull Racing 1m19.055 87
Felipe Massa Scuderia Ferrari 1m20.330 63
Kamui Kobayashi Toyota 1m20.699 80
Nico Rosberg Williams F1 1m21.171 71
Robert Kubica BMW Sauber 1m21.292 47
Giancarlo Fisichella Force India 1m21.584 31
Pedro de la Rosa Vodafone McLaren Mercedes 1m21.831 94
Nelson Piquet Jr Renault 1m22.011 54
http://www.mclaren.com/f1season/jerez-mar09-01.php

Beautiful picture of the RB5 today:
118909.jpg

I thought the no refueling got voted down... apparently not.

but refueling was one of the critical factors to strategy and excitement! :cry:

What the fuck now ?

The no blanket shit was supposed to be out of the window, how come its in the house again ?!

:(

:lmao:

Oh my god, Raikkonen's panel... :rofl:

Barrichello's panel makes me extremely sad, though.

Last edited:
This stuff is hilarious! Thanks for sharing! :lol: