Windows Vista backup problem

Galantti

Is all about the suomibass
DONOR
Car(s)
VW id3, Honda NM4 Vultus
So i'm trying to do a backup with M$ backup software from my vista laptop to my home server over lan.

Under this is a view of my network.
l%e4hiverkko.jpg

And here's the problem (in finnish thought) that basicly complaints that i don't have enought privilages to use the desired place as a backup folder.

vista_ongelma.jpg

Printing and folder sharing is on and i can print and listen my music and watch tv-show from my server's hd's.
And from my mothers Win xp sp3 en pc i can do backups using the M$ software.

In my notebook and on my mothers pc i have F-secure that is configured to allow any connection from my lan in both ways (how could i watch videos if i didn't have that cheaked?).

On my server is zonealarm that is also configured to allow any connetiong (from lan ofcourse) so i could stream videos from its hd to my laptop and mothers pc.

And i have also tried that LLTD-update that M$ has put to solv e "these" kind of errors (in the XP computers), but it says that my Xp pro sp3 is too new for this update :p

HELP!!!!

Last edited:
In my notebook and on my mothers pc i have F-secure that is configured to allow any connection from my lan in both ways (how could i watch videos if i didn't have that cheaked?).

On my server is zonealarm that is also configured to allow any connetiong (from lan ofcourse) so i could stream videos from its hd to my laptop and mothers pc.

Do you have write access to the folders on the server? Just because you can read from it, doesn't mean you have full access. Vista also requires you to use the administrator account for odd things. Don't have it on my PC thought and I very rarely use my sister's Vista laptop.

Another thing. The title is sooo deceiving, made me thought there was free Vista up for grabs, and is probably why people aren't looking. :lol:

Last edited:
Do you have write access to the folders on the server? Just because you can read from it, doesn't mean you have full access. Vista also requires you to use the administrator account for odd things. Don't have it on my PC thought and I very rarely use my sister's Vista laptop.

Another thing. The title is sooo deceiving, made me thought there was free Vista up for grabs, and is probably why people aren't looking. :lol:

Well i can write data to my server without vista interfearing with any access rights. (so i can copy 4Gb file from laptop to server without any user management jumping out).
Only thing that doesn't work is the vista backup software, all others let me copy/cut from laptop to server and server to laptop.

i try to change the topic for a better one.

edit.1 it seems that i cannot change the topic to "Windows Vista backup problem" WTFFFFFF.
WHY i can't change it as i started it in the first place.

Last edited: