Random Thoughts....

^ No, you're not. 28 is not old...

Actually, I was at a 40th birthday party last week and I found the music to be consistently good. I suddenly felt old...

I'm just sitting listening to VH1, they have, among other things, played Madonna - Material girl, Freak out, an old whitney Houston (where she had the bigest perm) and now they just played ABBA - Dancing Queen, if I thought 'oh cool, nice songs' am I getting old :|

OMG OMG OMG, they are playing Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up :lol:

old is - you heard the band that wrote the song perform the song. Then you heard another band do a cover of the song (and corrected all the little munchkins who believed that it was a brand new song, and told them it wasn't as good as the original) and now you're hearing another band do a cover of the song and you're still correcting munchkins ...

And you were born into a world where Microsoft and Apple didn't exist...

Well, they make ones for guys I think. I don't have a pair of Uggs nor have I ever tried one on, I just assumed they must be warm.

They are so unbelievably ugly though. Even on girls, no? Uggs and Crocs are the worst ever... and actually, Chuck Taylor's if you ask me. What the hell is that about? They are mad ugly, they are associated with all the wrong cliques/trends, they are uncomfortable because of ancient technology, and most people who wear them seem to have never heard of cleaning sneakers or replacing old ones.

Uggs and crocs are the ugliest things ever. Though I went crazy when I saw a couple of guys wearing Uggs and 2 whole crocs stores in Rotterdam on the same day. But Chucks.... I love my Chucks.

Bah. I just found out that my college will not be offering dynamics, a required class, next semester. That's pretty much the last major class I really planned on taking there before I transferred, and it's probably too late to arrange a transfer for fall. If I can't get them to offer it I'm gonna have about seven months off from school and I'll just transfer out instead of taking the class there, stupid bean counters.

I drove a BMW 530i today, quite a nice car to drive. Came close to buying it, until I looked at it closer. The car had three different types/sizes of tyre, the bonnet had a big dent, the paint had several nasty scratches and some plastic was coming off the wheel well. To top it off, two digital readouts, one for the stereo and another on the instrument panel were broken.

No wonder he was taking $4,000 off! :lol:

the worst ever... and actually, Chuck Taylor's if you ask me. What the hell is that about? They are mad ugly, they are associated with all the wrong cliques/trends, they are uncomfortable because of ancient technology, and most people who wear them seem to have never heard of cleaning sneakers or replacing old ones.

Congratulations, you have won the internet!

Chuck Taylor's if you ask me. What the hell is that about? They are mad ugly, they are associated with all the wrong cliques/trends, they are uncomfortable because of ancient technology, and most people who wear them seem to have never heard of cleaning sneakers or replacing old ones.

I had to google that because I thought they were just called "Converse".
That being said I used to have a bunch of them in elementary school, I am sad stupid losers have ruined my nostalgia shoes. Have they ruined Minnetoka Moccasins yet? >:

I was just wondering what the appeal of them was... they are not very stylish IMO, and they can't be that comfortable. I had a pair of retro Nikes that were based on the originals and those were just flat inside with almost no padding. I'd hate to see what 100 year old shoes feel like, if the retro Nikes from the 80s were so bad.

I agree; and they're not gender-specific. It seems to be that punk/ska/emo crowd around school that wear them, usually in combination with really skinny, matchstick jeans and a Ramones t-shirt. Really nasty. I hate that look even more than the open-top-shoes-with-leggings-and-denim-skirt that girls are wearing these days.

I wear low top chucks because they are pretty damn comfortable and comparitively inexpensive. The varity of colors is nice and they go with all my summer casual clothing which mainly comsists of long sleve button downshirts with the sleeves rolled up and 3/4shorts / cargos that have the cuffs rolled to mid calf which i guess would be classified as skapunk style. I will admit that currently they have a following with the scenester/hipster crowd which is annoying but whatever i don' dress like those kids so i don't get lumped in.

Last edited:
^ Okay, I would have never guessed them to be comfortable because I haven't ever tried a pair (maybe once at Foot Locker for a minute). But sorry, they don't go with summer clothes. They don't go with any clothes, because all other fashion trends have moved on so much, yet Chuck's haven't. They're so old they're not even retro...

I admit low top Chuck's and khakish shorts and bermudas are probably the only type of 'outfit' that look okay with those type of footwear, but that's not saying much. Edit: But NO socks dammit!

Last edited:
I admit low top Chuck's and khakish shorts and bermudas are probably the only type of 'outfit' that look okay with those type of footwear, but that's not saying much. Edit: But NO socks dammit!

yeah thats me... the kid with the long khaki shorts and low top chucks without socks they are like the perfect casual shoe... and even then i the only reason i wear my chucks is when i am doing something that i can't do in my Kinos flipflops.

I always wear socks with shorts. I know they look ugly as shit, but I can't help it, sweaty feet annoy me so much. So what I'm forced to do is buy low top socks and keep short wearing to a minimum - it's a good thing I live where I live.

I punctured a tire today in Hick-ville Indiana today to the point it was unrepairable, and it was either buy a new pair or drive 45 miles home on my spare. It was a drive wheel so I went ahead and replaced the tires and all the inbred fuckers had was Firestones! I HATE FIRESTONES, and I had to pay $90 a pop for them. I can drive over to the Tire Rack and get a pair of Michelin Pilot Sports balanced and mounted for $200! It wouldn't be so bad if the salesmen would've shut up about how, "These here are the best sporty tures on duh market. I al'ays see dem furrin cars wantin' dis here Furstone Fushuns."

So if anyone wants some Firestone Fuzions slightly used, they don't really grip as well as my old Bridgestones and they make more noise, and don't ride as well, but hey they look aggressive.

^ Don't you live in Indiana? How come the inbred-ness is getting to you now? :D

You should have just driven the 45 miles, I drove my donut wheel for about 100km no problem in really poor weather. Cheap tires FTW by the way, I'm dreading the day when I'll have to replace mine. Are good tires really that much more expensive to manufacture or is it a big scam? They got tires from $50 to over $500 each, what gives?

My boss and I have a weird relationship; we find new and interesting ways daily to insult each other verbally. Or we tag team and insult and abuse the tech's. And the service writers. And the car salesman. And the office girls, who give it back twice as brutal.

Better to let a little steam off each day, then have everything explode once. I suppose this is why I am a pretty good mood at the end of each day.

Theres a billion cancer charities, why don't they pool their money together?

And so few of them are for lung cancer. I think secretly people care less about lung cancer patients/survivors because it's associated with smoking.