Doctor Who

How tall is Matt Smith?

Everytime The Doctor regenerates he is wearing the same clothes as the old one. Why do they semm to fit nicely all the time :p

Smith looks good in a suit so whats going to be his outfit. I wonder if he (since he is young) going to be stupid but brilliant at the same time.

actually this was something i was thinking about when i found out that Lindsay Duncan had been cast in the next doctor who special. She played a role in the Rome series but also played Margaret Thatcher in a recent BBC drama and it got me thinking. What if they cast a older actress in the role of the companion. It might be a younger Actor playing the Doctor but since the character is hundreds of years old, it would make for a bit of a interesting dynamic in the show.

actually this was something i was thinking about when i found out that Lindsay Duncan had been cast in the next doctor who special. She played a role in the Rome series but also played Margaret Thatcher in a recent BBC drama and it got me thinking. What if they cast a older actress in the role of the companion. It might be a younger Actor playing the Doctor but since the character is hundreds of years old, it would make for a bit of a interesting dynamic in the show.

Yes I think I would agree. However wouldnt the producers want us to have something good to look at? Unless it was Sarah Jane it would be ok. What about Captain Jack. Does the companion even have to be human?

Well, the companion hasn't always been human. I think the first one was also a Time Lord, and I know the Tom Baker doctor had LuLu, an Amazon type alien lady who happened to look exactly like a human woman.

Dalek as the companion, now that would be a twist! Although the sets would all have to be made bigger, and the Tardis door...

I doubt they'd ever cast an older (read: looks older than 25) woman in the companion role, as it doesn't really appeal to the audience they're courting. Now, another flaming homosexual... they'd probably go for that.

I doubt they'd ever cast an older (read: looks older than 25) woman in the companion role, as it doesn't really appeal to the audience they're courting. Now, another flaming homosexual... they'd probably go for that.

Funny, Catherine Tate looks pretty old and she was very popular with the tv audience. I believe it can be done again well.

Catherine Tate is 40...

I wouldn't mind two companions - one male and one female - as long as there's no bloody "I love the doctor!" angle like Series 1 through 3.

Catherine Tate is 40...

I wouldn't mind two companions - one male and one female - as long as there's no bloody "I love the doctor!" angle like Series 1 through 3.

Yes, they need to give that sexual undercurrent between doctor n companion BS a long holiday...

Catherine Tate is 40...

She also had her own TV show and already had a fanbase.

Problem with two companions is that everyone gets drawn to The Doctor and they have already tried this (sort of), with Mickey and Rose.

i don't really mind 2 companions i just don't want it to get to the point it did in Peter Davison's early Fifth Doctor stories with Nyssa, Tegan and Adric. too many companions and it will really hurt the storyline. i don't mind them changing the formula a bit but i'd prefer it if they kept it to just the core material.

Even though I'm a fan of Doctor Who this is funny because I know the TV series it came from and the person who wrote,sings and appears in this is a Whovian too.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0s95Mm0cFqg[/YOUTUBE]

Woo, a Doctor Who thread:D - i'm watching The Romans this very minute!!!

Roll on Saturday (18:45) + about 2 hours for someone to have it up on mininova....

YAY!!!

Michelle Ryan... another reason to watch!

No, it's me wanting Saturday to come faster....

You know, 'roll on', it means you can't wait for something.