Dear Apple, you suck.

katwalk

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2003 VW Beetle, 2017 Abarth Fiat 500c
http://www.apple.com/ipodshuffle/
This was the best simple MP3 player ever and you made it annoying and complicated. Good job. Now you can't swap out the uncomfortable ear buds that have worse sound quality than ones because your stupid useless controls are on it. Then making it talk to you? This is an improvement??!! You would have to pay me to use this stupid thing. This is worse than The Onion's parodies of you good job! =|

I do have to agree with you. While watching the tutorial video it seemed like more of a joke than anything else.

Click once
Click and hold
Click and hold some more
Click and hold and wait for a tone

How the fuck do you go to the previous song?

Sansa express > Ipod shuffle.

But yes this new one is even worse.

*googles* nah, since it's main purpose for me is like, driving I'd rather have one without the screen.

Apple says there will be an adapter cord for regular earphones (that has the controls on it) shortly.

"Look how small it is now! Oh...btw...here's the rest of it..."

Not only the headphones thing...but let's say your car has an "Aux" input...now you can't control the tracks from the player if you plug it in.

Give it a month, and someone will make a control adapter/cable so you can plug in other headphones or use AUX plugs in many many many other devices that iPods/mp3 players would be nowhere near as popular without.

edit: Thanks for that info, Spectre.

BTW: How much you wanna bet it'll be more than $20.

Give it a month, and someone will make a control adapter/cable so you can plug in other headphones or use AUX plugs in many many many other devices that iPods/mp3 players would be nowhere near as popular without.

You mean, like, I dunno, THE ONE THAT APPLE SAYS WILL BE OUT SOON? :p

Edit: My guess is $19.95 or $19.99 on the price. Possibly less. Later, it will probably be included with the second revision or "speedbump" of this form factor.

I too think that leaving out the ability to use non-Apple headphones was a big oversight. On the other hand, most people buying iPods don't seem to swap out from the standard headphones anyway, so perhaps the customers will not agree.

Last edited:
Oh no. Does this mean that VoiceOver is gonna migrate to other Apple players? If so, I don't want it on my iPhone.

Oh no. Does this mean that VoiceOver is gonna migrate to other Apple players? If so, I don't want it on my iPhone.

Doubtful. The only reason it's on the Shuffle is because the number one complaint of shuffle users is that they can't tell what song is playing. Since the Shuffle isn't supposed to have a display....

SatNav aside, I don't want *any* devices to talk to me, including an mp3 player.

You mean, like, I dunno, THE ONE THAT APPLE SAYS WILL BE OUT SOON? :p

Edit: My guess is $19.95 or $19.99 on the price. Possibly less. Later, it will probably be included with the second revision or "speedbump" of this form factor.

I too think that leaving out the ability to use non-Apple headphones was a big oversight. On the other hand, most people buying iPods don't seem to swap out from the standard headphones anyway, so perhaps the customers will not agree.

So it sucks SLIGHTLY less. The only thing god about this one is now the old ones are 30$ on ebay

SatNav aside, I don't want *any* devices to talk to me, including an mp3 player.

Hey, Apple's just responding to what people wanted.

Remember, that's what Honda did when they fucked over the Europeans and Australians with the new Civic - customers complained that there wasn't enough room inside, but don't make the thing bigger. So now you have a Civic with a shit rear suspension - but hey, you've got LOTS more room in the back now! (Note to the whingers responsible for this: Next time, STFU and just buy an Accord if you need more room, you morons.)

If you don't tell a company that a product works just great, all they see is the complaints - and they respond to those.

So it sucks SLIGHTLY less. The only thing god about this one is now the old ones are 30$ on ebay

If you don't like it, go buy an iPod mini. No VoiceOver, and you get a real touchwheel. And no adapter needed. And you get a real dock adapter so you can actually plug it into your car stereo and use *those* controls! :p

Last edited:
Put it on random mode than use some of the $50 you save on some electrical tape and cover the screen :p

Full price the not retarded shuffles are like 49$, so the other thing is -1$? :p
30$ free shipping off ebay. I'm good.

Hey, Apple's just responding to what people wanted.

Remember, that's what Honda did when they fucked over the Europeans and Australians with the new Civic - customers complained that there wasn't enough room inside, but don't make the thing bigger. So now you have a Civic with a shit rear suspension - but hey, you've got LOTS more room in the back now! (Note to the whingers responsible for this: Next time, STFU and just buy an Accord if you need more room, you morons.)

If you don't tell a company that a product works just great, all they see is the complaints - and they respond to those.

The accord is at least $10k more than a civic, and the accord euro is $15k->$25k more than a civic :p I suspect that the civic will move a bit more upmarket with the introduction of the City

Doubtful. The only reason it's on the Shuffle is because the number one complaint of shuffle users is that they can't tell what song is playing. Since the Shuffle isn't supposed to have a display....
What the fuck? Weren't they the ones that put the songs on there?

The accord is at least $10k more than a civic, and the accord euro is $15k->$25k more than a civic :p I suspect that the civic will move a bit more upmarket with the introduction of the City

Let me amend that then.

"STFU and buy a CR-V instead, you whingers." (Less than 4K UKP difference per honda.co.uk.)

What the fuck? Weren't they the ones that put the songs on there?

Yup, they were. But they still complain about it nonetheless.

I suspect these are the many of the same people who have no problems with showing ID to cash a check, deal with the government in any fashion, or when paying with a credit card - but when it comes to voting, OH GOD NO WE CAN'T MAKE ANYONE SHOW ID IT DISCRIMINATES OH MY GOD HOW CAN YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT SUCH A THING.

If you check out the Apple fora on the Shuffle, it seems to be the same kind of idiot.

Last edited:
What people complained about not know what song it was? YOU BOUGHT A SHUFFLE IT HAS NO SCREEN STOP COMPLAINING IT WAS YOUR CHOICE. Secondly why the hell would you want to use 3 buttons...I am sorry but that would annoy me beyond belief as I go through playlists and I miss click a playlist by a second and it chooses the wrong one...then I have to do it all over again.

I think the actress is quite attractive, and this may seem harsh and immature but considering how pathetic this product is I think it is has merit.

I bet I could use her with her eyes closed. And where is the mute button for your mouth Hannah?

I would nail her so hard for so long that eventually she would realize how stupid this product is and would then quickly shove it in her ass ala Klutch and then she would switch to another device after she lost the shuffle up her rectum.

Now i can change my mp3 tags and use racial slurs in them so when i use the voice over feature, i'll start running faster because there's a pack of visible minorities behind me
/me stop trying to pretend I am funny and leave my anger at mankind out of this.

Last edited: