Lens Flair

No arty-farty stuff from me :p, i tried my hands on sports photography today at the CPC run in the Hague. i tried to really 'freeze' the action.

20090314194903_dsc_1222.jpg

Don't underestimate these men, they are seriously fast. Todays' winning time was 59.47 (minutes/seconds) on the half marathon (21.1KM/13.1M). The second man from the left, in the full yellow is Haile Gebrselassie, and he set 26 worldrecords in his career. Unfortunatly for him he did not win today, but the man (Sammy Kitwara) with the yellow/red shirt won.

Last edited:
Is this better than my previous attempts?

(P.S. I'm hoping for a "yes"). Please comment and criticise.

Yeah, definitely much better than all the other stuff you've posted so far. :thumbup:

For a picture like that I would try and find a smaller subject, since there's so many flowers some of them will inevitably be out of focus. If there was one flower in the middle the DOF would work better IMO.

(I know my advice isn't much, but heck, most things go unnoticed in here and you seem to really want some constructive criticism).

Something I took today. I wish I could be bothered to go out somewhere and take things of interesting things.

Chimney.jpg

I'm sorry that I pain your eyes so. :p I wanted to make it HDR, but not to overdo it, but I guess by choosing HDR I overdid it by Ice's standards...

Hmm... Now that it is mentioned more, I went back and did it without HDR quickly. And I'm not sure, but I think this looks a bit better.

http://img8.imageshack.**/img8/7097/chimneysmall.th.jpg

...I'm not sure, but I think this looks a bit better.

It does... I try and keep most of my shots as is. Sometimes I crop them a little, but I rarely do anything else. Natural is best. :cool:

^ TBH now I don't really know why I did that as HDR. I also rarely crop, and never rotate. I reckon I see the work of some of the people on here, and somehow expect my talent to extend to theirs...

Man I really like this image and I'm not sure if the bright spots add more or take more away from the image, however, I'm leaning towards the side that says they add to the image it separates it from other baby gorilla (it's a gorilla right) images.

anyway here is my addition for the day.

491587671_qErdU-L.jpg