Some Top Gear mistakes

I suppose continuity errors can be annoying, but I rarely notice them in Top Gear. The only one I can recall is in the Velsartis Modification segment, where they rip out the seats but later show the Stig doing a lap with the seats still in place.

They recently aired the episode with Jeremy's review of the BMW M5 on BBC Knowledge here. I did notice one factual error in that as he was whinging about all the settings of the car ..... he stated that there were 3 settings for the differential, when there isn't ... the button he was pushing (EDC) was to set the electronic damper control. This is however forgivable, as during the conclusion he admitted that a number of things he complained about could be set differently if you went more carefully through the iDrive menu system ... it was probably more a mistake made in the name of artistic license. It was a great review though .. visceral and dramatic with a real twist.

So with the botswana thing - they have legs? They can walk surely...

ZOMG top gear isn't done with linear editing QUICK SOMEONE CALL THE DAILY FAIL

Whiich mistakes were interesting?

And theyve already said the space shuttle explosion was faked at a TG live somewhere...its on youtube.

Last edited:
Whiich mistakes were interesting?

And theyve already said the space shuttle explosion was faked at a TG live somewhere...its on youtube.

Exactly. I noticed the first time I watched it that the so-called ailerons were actually moving in the breeze before take-off and were simply held on with brass door hinges but let's face it had it separated from the tank and then made a sem-controlled crash landing it wouldn't have made for such spectacular television. You might remember Fifth Gear demonstrating that cars do not or at least very rarely explode if they crash and yet virtually every car crash in the movies is immediately followed by a fireball but that knowledge doesn't stop me enjoying the movie.

Some people need to get a life.

Wonders if that applies to someone who has just posted a lengthy reply to a post on a web forum about a car show. Hmmmm.

That is very good observation. I think Jeremy can not ride a motorcycle which has clutch like the scooter.

uh huh, which is why the BBC health and safety nazis and the insurance peons let him do it...NOT :grin:

...which is why that whole film was utter shit.

Agreed, what would the creator have rathered?
The shuttle quietly dropping from the sky, and hitting the ground with Jezza's "woh woh woooooooh" thing playing in the background??!"

Somebody needs to get out more methinks...

it's cool i think it's all down to the editing. however, i still love the show it's alright.