Official Discussion Thread of the 2009 Formula 1 Season

That trailer wasn't very good. In fact, it was kind of dumb

It would have been better if the cars looked anything like Formula 1 cars, and if they went over 30mph at any point, and if they didn't have a turning radius about a third that of F1 cars...

Yeah whoever made it doesn't know a thing about Formula 1 i think.

Umm... I don't think it's supposed to be accurate. It's just there to prove a point, it's the World's Greatest Car Chase.

It would have been better if the cars looked anything like Formula 1 cars, and if they went over 30mph at any point, and if they didn't have a turning radius about a third that of F1 cars...

Yeah whoever made it doesn't know a thing about Formula 1 i think.

Well they wanted to make a car chase in a city and formula one cars couldnt go more than a block or two before they couldnt turn hard enough, braked before hitting the wall and stalled. (See schumachers qualifying event at monaco, on a track which barely resembles a city street anymore)

Well they wanted to make a car chase in a city and formula one cars couldnt go more than a block or two before they couldnt turn hard enough, braked before hitting the wall and stalled. (See schumachers qualifying event at monaco, on a track which barely resembles a city street anymore)

haha. you mean the one where he just 'happened' to stop being able to turn, and ended up blocking alonso's flying lap? On a corner hes taken hundreds of times. :lol:

haha. you mean the one where he just 'happened' to stop being able to turn, and ended up blocking alonso's flying lap? On a corner hes taken hundreds of times. :lol:

Everyone knows he stalled it. :shifty:

:lmao:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/73735

FIA to vote on revised points system

By Jonathan Noble Monday, March 16th 2009, 17:51 GMT

FIAThe FIA is to vote on a revised points structure for Formula 1 at a meeting of its World Motor Sport Council tomorrow, autosport.com has learned, with radical cost-cutting measures also due to be unveiled.

A proposal unveiled by the Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA) to change the current points structure to a new system that rewards more for winning - broken down 12-9-7-5-4-3-2-1 ? has been officially put forward to the FIA for consideration.

The WMSC will now look at the document and take a vote on whether or not to adopt it for 2009.

FOTA has put forward the idea for changing the points system as the result of a market research survey it conducted with F1 fans. McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh, who heads up the sporting group of FOTA, said that it was vital that followers of the sport were listened to.

"What we felt within FOTA was having conducted a very thorough survey of audience views and advice, we shouldn't ignore it," he said. "There were people who felt status quo was the best thing but I think what swung it was the opinion of the audience.

"We, as FOTA, have unanimously agreed that is what we want to see introduced this year. We now have to work with the commercial rights holder and with the FIA and seek their endorsement of that proposal."

Although the decision about changing the points will be of the biggest interest to F1 fans, the most important announcement of the day for teams will relate to emergency cost-cutting ideas that are due to be analysed by the WMSC.

An FIA statement issued earlier this month suggested that the 'radical' proposals would allow a team to "compete for a fraction of current budgets but nevertheless field cars which can match those of the established teams."

Although no details of what is being looked at have been revealed, it is understood the new rules relate to more standardisation, further reductions in testing and the imposition of a budget cap.

FIA president Max Mosley said last month that the current worldwide economic crisis meant it was essential the governing body acted swiftly.

"It was bad enough before the current situation, it is now a complete disaster," he said. "It obviously has to stop. We think it should stop for 2010 and we are urging the teams to do that."

Do you guys think that this will be approved?

I think 12-8-6-5-4-3-2-1 would be better, but the 12-9-7-5-4-3-2-1 is still better than the current one, because the 2-point difference between 1st and 2nd is too little...

I think the proposed one is good, four points is too much. Imagine a year of Schumacher domination with that system, it would be over by Monaco...