Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

I currently work in an industrial park that is about 60% complete in construction, there's dust that turns to mud everytime it rains. I wax my car and I could last two weeks without washing it thanks to that (as long as it doesn't rain). Thank the heavens for the dry season!

I currently work in an industrial park that is about 60% complete in construction, there's dust that turns to mud everytime it rains. I wax my car and I could last two weeks without washing it thanks to that (as long as it doesn't rain). Thank the heavens for the dry season!

If you wax it you should be able to just rinse the car off and all the grime will come off with the rinse. I keep my Mustang waxed and constantly touch up any bird splats or tree sap and consequently any time it gets dirty from something else I just pop down to the car wash and use only the low pressure spot free rinse and it comes out gleaming and just needs dried off.

I do have a closet full of cleaning supplies at my disposal for it though... so what I do is probably overkill. :lol:

Because it's white.

White cars aren't that easy to keep clean. Easier than black to be sure, but white is pretty hard to maintain with regards to mud in the winter and bugs in the summer.

Also, birds love to shit on white cars apparently. I got it maybe once in my red Acura, but in the white car I've had at least a dozen bird crap hits.

White cars aren't that easy to keep clean. Easier than black to be sure, but white is pretty hard to maintain with regards to mud in the winter and bugs in the summer.

Also, birds love to shit on white cars apparently. I got it maybe once in my red Acura, but in the white car I've had at least a dozen bird crap hits.

No, that's just because it's a Lexus :p

Are you a woman or a hairdresser? Do you work in "graphics, design or other excuses to stay in bed?"

If not. Don't buy a mini :p

HEY :mad:
Why do you make fun of me:cry:

No, that's just because it's a Lexus :p

I love it that your lurk in the shadows until I present an opportunity for such jokes. :mrgreen:

At any rate, I doubt it since they'd have to be flying pretty low to spot the Lexus badges.

Hey Shawn, you'd be immune to pigeons if you just manned up and bought a Nissan:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hma4WubVMjI[/YOUTUBE]

:mrgreen:

Last edited:
My car's odo hit 111.111 kms today.

So now I can safely say that my car is the 111.111!!!!

it'll take me a while to get to 222.222 though

Oh yeah, car being white makes a big difference. Forgot to mention that.

And noodle, you mean 110,000 kms? on a 2004 model? you must do a lot of highway driving, there's only 175K on the Buick and I drive it for at least an hour every day.

We just bought a new Subaru Tribeca B9, the unfacelifted version in metallic blue! :D

YAY or NAY?

Anyway, the Jaguar's been delayed, to maybe late April or maybe even June. Apparently, the demand is still strong despite the downturn :/

And noodle, you mean 110,000 kms? on a 2004 model? you must do a lot of highway driving, there's only 175K on the Buick and I drive it for at least an hour every day.

yup 111k kms. Also, I bought the car in late 2005, so basically it's been 3 and a bit years for me to get so far :p

and no, most of my mileage is not highway...

^ talking about high mileage, our September '07 BMW 3er has just hit 48,000km, in just one and a half years! :D

proof!

DSC00223.jpg

DSC00222.jpg

Last edited:

We drive a lot. The family '04 Accord already has 110k on it. The '07 Toyota has 60k, and the '02 Civic has 100k.

My '93 Tercel only has a hair over 100,00 km! I do have to confess though that it mostly involves city driving.

Hard times FTW. Making people sell their daily drives and actually use their weekend toys. Saw three W204 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMGs, two C216 CL63 AMGs, two E60 BMW M5s, four E90 BMW M3s, and four Bentley CGTs on my way to the airport today.

^ Times can't be that tough if they are selling the $50,000 daily drivers and sticking with the $200,000 exotic weekend drivers. ;)

I have just hit 25,000km on my car... not much by my standards, I used to do that in half the time in my old car.