Buying a Golf GTI V

^ Or registered to the manufacturer.

The dealer assured me that the bonus is a go, and as of today, more than 300000 bonuses are still available...

Well, as you can see, I changed my avatar.
It looks like (98% sure) thats gonna be my next car. Tornado red Golf V GTi DSG, equipped with everything but Xenons and leather seats. So: 3800km, 10 months old, RNS 510, 18" Detroit wheels, multifunction steering wheel, 4 doors, sport suspension...

Gonna update this as soon as I get it ;-)

edit:
I also test drove a Pirelli special edition, 230bhp with a manual. Lots of fun, but too expensive and I don't really like the wheels that model comes with...

The normal DSG accelerates to 100 kmh only 0,1 secs slower than a manual 230bhp one

Nice choice : )

What is "18" Detroit wheels" ?? Cos it looks to me you have the standard 18" Hufeisens

And don't worry about the Pirelli special edition, you can get the same amount of power with a chip, so if that's what you are after, mod your car.

And when are you expecting delivery?

I hate you because your car is more awesome than mine.
that is a DAMN nice find for that kind of money...practically new

Nice choice : )
Thx
What is "18" Detroit wheels" ?? Cos it looks to me you have the standard 18" Hufeisens
I guess they are called Detroit in Germany... Funny how you guys get a german name, while we get an english one...
And when are you expecting delivery?
I hope soon, but don't really know. I never bought a car before and don't really know what I have to do. I'm expecting to hear back from the dealer today on how stuff will go down...

that is a DAMN nice find for that kind of money...practically new
Yep, I thought so, too. Was a bit hesitant at first, because my Mom and GF said: "OMG, don't buy a red one!!!" But I really dig the color...

^yes it is. I thought so too a long time ago :p

Golf.JPG

Red, white, black are the right colors for every GTI or GTi. :cool:

Wow, that's a great car, good choice! How much is it? ;)
Wait... Why don't you take a Golf VI GTI, take the "Umweltpr?mie" and that extra Discount from Volkswagen (Don'T know if it's availible for the GTI) and get some more discount from your dealer, about 10-14%... Then you might even get a new one?!:blink::)

Last edited:
Good idea, Captain-Mid, but I don't really dig the looks of the mkVI as of now, plus: I wanted great trim on it, RNS 510 and other stuff, which makes the mkVI with the same trim a 36000 Euro car, minus the 2500 Abwrack-Bonus and 2000 VW Bonus, which leaves you at around 31500.

After the Abwrack thing, I pay 21000 Euros for this one, and the dealer threw in another year of VW warranty (so I have longer warranty as if I were to buy a new car...) and a full recheck and touchup/cleaning/polish of the 4000km car...

Basically I just bought (YEP, JUST CAME BACK FROM THE DEALER!) a new-ish car for 10000 euros off... I'm quite pleased. My Dad likes the car as well. I brought him along, because some time ago before he had his own business he used to be a car mechanic.

TAKING DELIVERY NEXT FRIDAY!

Gratulations mate! Sounds like a great deal to me!:)

I'm actually a bit jealous because I'm considering to abwrack my crappy old Golf as well, but still hesitating due to problems of liquidity.

I'm financing half of that, too... Some of the money in the bank is tied for for too long...

I financed my previous car as well, and it didn't went very good, got tired of it too early... But nowadays I reckon I'd do it again, if it were not for some bog-standard supermini but rather a loaded GTI. ;)

Congratulations, that really is a great car and to my mind a great deal as well :)
You have to tell us how it behaves in long-term ownership and how it puts a smile on your face every time you move your right foot and so on :)

^ Don't worry, will open the according thread in the "post your car" section...
I can barley contain myself from joy, but still I gotta take 2 more exams until I get it... Also: More than a week to go...

Heh, I've been debating the same thing- GTI or GLI in Salsa Red... at least you made your decision.

is it an 08 spec or 09 spec GTI?

well... when you get your car, take a pic of the engine cover, if it's an TSI unit then it's a late 08 or 09 model.

Just one thing to remember, GTI's are made in Germany, GLI's in Mexico... Ill leave you to make your own decisions.

wow, i'm getting my gti in about a week too. well my family that is. can't wait. too bad that the mk 6 gti has just came out. so is the mk 5 GTi still good enough is my concern.