President Barack Obama on Leno March 19th

Haven't watched it, but just read a headline on digg..... Special Olympics? :lol: Nice.

Btw. I'm going to hell for that.

Last edited:
political correctness should go to hell, the fact that someone made an issue out of it in the first place is just embarrassing.

+1
Well said.

Haven't watched it, but just read a headline on digg..... Special Olympics? :lol: Nice.

Btw. I'm going to hell for that.

The moment those words came out of his mouth, I quipped to my brother that it would cause him trouble. And rightly so, he's the POTUS and one should expect more.

speaking as a brit, Obama seems to have a lot more personality and charisma than Bush. He certainly seems more likeable than our one eyed scottish idiot.

AFAIK the link i posted should work for non-americans too..

Anyways, it disgusts me that he has already had to make an apology regarding the paraolympics joke when he was merely stating a fact!
So are the scores tallied at the Special Olympics really lower than the ones you might see at your local bowling alley? Yes. At the 2007 Special Olympics World Summer Games in Shanghai, the bowlers averaged a score of 108 over three games.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/thedishrag/2009/03/prez-barack-oba.html

http://www.slate.com/id/2214316/

Last edited:
Yeah, works here in Canada as well.

Good interview, very weird seeing the President on a late night show. It's good hearing Obama joking again though, he's been so serious for so long now.

That is the danger of appearing on the TV - loads of time could be mis-spent bowling with new chums in stead of getting to grips with the several serious issues that afflict, not only the US, but also the world.

And yes I would agree he is tremendosly able communicator and better than our Scottish Bank manager but he still is like all other Americans, that is that international co-operation seems alien/impossible to him.

Why do you say that? You're still pissed off about the churchill bust, aren't you?

Also, he's human. If he spent every waking moment of every day (even after his staff has gone home for the day, all financial institutions are closed) and did nothing but work, he'd already be gray, and wouldn't last the full 4 year term. It's called a break, dude. He's got a family he should get to spend some time with. It's not like he's going out with "the guys" a getting plastered in a bowling alley, and then driving around the area knocking over mailboxes 'til 4am.

Quite frankly as a brit, i'm not bothered about the Churchill Bust or all that diplomatic presents crap they give each other. mostly though if us brits were going into a war i would much rather have the yanks covering our backs than other nations. i don't want to start a flame but its just my personal opinion.

(if he got rid of and scrapped the resolute desk though, then i'd be pissed)

Why do you say that? You're still pissed off about the churchill bust, aren't you?

Also, he's human. If he spent every waking moment of every day (even after his staff has gone home for the day, all financial institutions are closed) and did nothing but work, he'd already be gray, and wouldn't last the full 4 year term. It's called a break, dude. He's got a family he should get to spend some time with. It's not like he's going out with "the guys" a getting plastered in a bowling alley, and then driving around the area knocking over mailboxes 'til 4am.
Stuff the bust and the 25 DVDs that are in the wrong region so can not be played legally in the UK - Americans think that it is down to them to fix everything - by themselves.

I was trying to point out that it can be a close call whether it is a stunt or a 'rest'. A 'rest' is OK a stunt is to be avoided by a politician, especially one who is supposed to be the single most powerful in the world. I think that at the moment it is not ripe for an appearance, but not my call and he is not trying to impress me - I do not get to vote.

btw You have just demonstrated my point - Americans (in general) appear not take any form of criticism (the question they never ask themselves is why do they think that - or if they do they ascribe some base motivation usually envy?), they nearly always have to come back with some smart remark "you're pissed at the bust"; the above points make co-operation impossible or at best uncomfortable.

That is the danger of appearing on the TV - loads of time could be mis-spent bowling with new chums in stead of getting to grips with the several serious issues that afflict, not only the US, but also the world.
Wait, what? I, for one, like that our President talks to us and socializes with us. It could be worse; he could just be hanging out at his ranch all the time, like our last one did. You sound like that lady that was bitching that he was at a basketball game instead of "fixing the issues". Just because he's the President doesn't mean he can't "switch off until everything's done". I'd rather him take a break every so often and appear on television/be seen in public than become a shut-in in the White House and completely lose touch with reality.

And yes I would agree he is tremendosly able communicator and better than our Scottish Bank manager but he still is like all other Americans, that is that international co-operation seems alien/impossible to him.
Yeah, he just totally hates the international world.

We can take criticism... it's just that yours is asinine. ;)

Last edited: