Will jenson button ever win a world championship??

Usually I find Sniff Petrol more hit than miss but that is awesome haha

:lmao: More nice work from Sniff Petrol.

Which he backstabbed and cost his company 100 million..

I thought it was called Stepney Gate for a reason. It only cost McLaren a years worth of wages and Constructors points in Hungary (I know Hamilton had a lot to do with it but he wasn't in Alonso's car in the pits).

^^^...are you aware that they were docked all their other constructors points as well? Or did you not see the 22 and 23 on the cars last year?

^^^...are you aware that they were docked all their other constructors points as well? Or did you not see the 22 and 23 on the cars last year?

I was just talking about Alonso in particular not the team as a whole :)

Heh, come to think of it Hammy's first 2 seasons in Formula 1 were spent driving cars bearing only the number 2.

2, then 22. No wonder when he got the world title he said he no longer need to drive a car with the number 2 anymore :lol:

Last edited:
haha, i had to double check this thread because it was about hamilton.

anyways i just remembered that barrichello constantly outpaced button last year. I assumed it was due to lack of motivation on buttons part and full on rubens.

Gonna have to watch that - if he isn't the clear team leader - then he definitely will never have a F1DWC

Well, he's got a fast car this season, and if ferrari and mclaren are sandbagging, then he has the 3rd fastest car, which is plenty to challenge for the championship!

Is it really? :b

Fastest car, definitely, second fastest, yeah you might have a chance, but in the 3rd fastest car, with a team who's probably not going to have the "improvement rate" of large factory teams? Hardly.

With the test performance of the Brawn racer he might have a shot at another win and som podium finishes, but a championship? I'll believe it when i see it.. :b

Your memory may not be that bad but he wasn't a Williams driver in 2001. :p

Anyway, I quite like the guy, but my answer is no.
I don't think Honda will have the best car in the near future, and I don't see any big teams signing Button.
And to be honest I'm not even sure he could win the WDC with the best car.

2000 = Williams
2001 = Benetton
2002 = Renault
2003 = BAR
2004 = BAR
2005 = BAR
2006 = Honda
2007 = Honda
2008 = Honda
2009 = Honda

2000 = Williams
2001 = Benetton
2002 = Renault
2003 = BAR
2004 = BAR
2005 = BAR
2006 = Honda
2007 = Honda
2008 = Honda
2009 = Honda

And why is this an answer to my post? :|

Somewhere, Joco just exploded :p

I didn't realize that Jenson was such a good driver with setup! In the Free Practice, his descriptions of the cars dynamics and what it needs are excellent, organized, and calmly delivered - similar to alonso or schumacher, but the difference being those 2 have aggression when they need it, and are a bit more cut throat.

so jense is a good driver, but won't take it home. though I think we will see him take a few wins this season.