"The Expendables", could it be the most epic movie of all time?

He should have cast Michael Jai White instead of 50p. It also MUST be rated R, please!

Wow it better not be going after a PG13 movie, there is NO way to make this movie as PG13 and still be kickass. Everything about it needs to be over the top, and that includes the violence. And there is no way to have over the top violence and PG13.

There is no way not to make a movie with a cast like this bad. Not even pg-13.

Infact, until I hear it from someone "in charge", I'm going to assume the pg-13 is just a rumor. Remeber when John Rambo was announced how everyone hated the fact that it was going to be pg-13, well.. We ended up with this:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfqbFx1PBtk&feature=related[/youtube]:D

I trust that Sly knows Pg-13 is not possible for a film like this.:)

50 Cent is out, Terry Crews is in. He's no Whitaker, but I approve of the change :thumbsup:

Terry.jpg

Now all we have to hope for is the production team/studio to forget all about the PG-13 nonsense.

Last edited:
Fuck Yeah... The only rapper i like as an actor is Mos Def... and LL Cool J... and Ice Cube.... ok the only 3 rappers i like as actors are...

Thank god for that. I heard Kurt Russell turned down the film which is a shame.

I've been thinking...I'm sure The Expendables will distilled awesome, but the whole idea and making of the film, the attempt by Sly of getting together of all the old eighties and nineties action stars, getting some even out of retirement for one big awesome movie is actually more entertaining than probably the movie itself.

I really hope they make a full-length 'making of' documentary. It'll be the best film doc since Hearts of Darkness.

Congratulations, you did it. You finally did it, you won, broke and completely slam dunked the internet.
Finally it's under way....oh it will be the holiest of days, when this arrives. I already went to the gym today, but I feel a sudden urge to do some more excercise...you know, push-ups and stuff.

Last edited:
Who is the guy closest to the picture in the last photo? It looks like the Colonel out of Ultimate Force.

GOOD GOD!!
I just saw the cast list on IMDB...
This Movie is going to be EPIC!!!:thumbsup:

Still having stallone and Arnie in the same movie,
means there will have to be English subtitles:angel:

IMDB says we gotta wait a year for it... damn.

It also says Mickey Rourke is rumored to be in it. Marv from Sin City anyone?

sincit_04_1024.jpg

Sly_Airplane2.jpg

Bruce Willis is Expendable?

Sylvester Stallone has managed to put together quite a cast of action heroes for The Expendables. The list already includes himself, Jet Li, Jason Statham, Dolph Lundgren, Mickey Rourke, Eric Roberts, ?Stone Cold? Steve Austin, Randy Couture, Terry Crews, and Danny Trejo. They?ve also hinted at a possible ?cameo? for Arnold Schwarzenegger depending on his schedule as California governor.

Even with all those names, apparently there?s still one more major casting announcement left. A role by the name of ?Church,? or the the man who hires the expendable team of mercenaries.

Sheryl Main, the official PR person for the film, has been blogging and tweeting away on set. One of her ?tweets? this week said, ?Looks like we have a Church and man is it great casting. Should be able to announce it very soon?? while another said, ?waiting 4 the i?s 2 be dotted and the t?s to be crossed on the Church deal but the rumor is Sly Arnold & Church in a scene togethr.?

The rumors going around mostly point to Bruce Willis for the role of ?Church.? I would expect a big announcement soon confirming this. If it?s true and Arnold does do a scene with Sly and Willis, it will be the highly-anticipated Planet Hollywood reunion we?ve all been waiting anxiously for. Here?s Main?s response to the rumors:

Ok as for Church ? some of you have it right but I can?t release the name until the deal is absolutely finalized. I?m not trying to tease you I am trying to cover my ass so bear with me?you won?t be disapoointed..at least most of you won?t.

Meanwhile, the Cannes Film Festival is underway and there is plenty of signage for the movie. Take a look at three pictures from France below. The artwork is awesome, but it?s strange they didn?t include some of the other names on the advertising.

http://newsinfilm.com/?p=14599

No way......no fucking way....

HOLY SHIT!
What kind of a budget have they got, if they can afford all of them???

They better make it an epic 2.5 hour action movie! I'll be really disappointed if they cut it down to the average 1.5 hours...

They have not mentioned anything about vehicles in the movie, but I assume that we will see some epic awesomeness there too.