My new Passat (56k put the kettle on)

I approve :) I really like that the temp gauge on your car actually shows the temp as opposed to cold, normal, holly fuck I'm gonna die.

Congrats, great choice. Looks great in that color, and good engine choice as well. Can't wait to see some interior pics.. Aluminium or wood trim?

Oh great, now my car has a light on, telling me the engine has a problem.. the whole car is vibrating and feels like it's going to stop. Time to ring the dealer and see what he says is wrong with it. I'm quite cross as well, because the dealer kept going on about CPO and the warranty. Apparently, the car passed the tests through some loop-hole in the system!

Oh great, now my car has a light on, telling me the engine has a problem.. the whole car is vibrating and feels like it's going to stop. Time to ring the dealer and see what he says is wrong with it. I'm quite cross as well, because the dealer kept going on about CPO and the warranty. Apparently, the car passed the tests through some loop-hole in the system!

That's not too good, go and have the car checked out ASAP. Is the vehicle still under the factory warranty? If so, use it against the dealer and demand them to fix everything under their cost. These are the kind of problems that drive me away from buying a second hand car.

And $14300 isn't really a bad price for a big 4 door saloon, I paid $18000 for my 08' GTI, and that's a small hatchback.

One reason I still and will stay away from VW they seem to have loads of little glitches that can scare the shit out of you..

Before I got to the second page, I was going to ask about the Passat's reliabilty, since I'm always hearing about the trouble with VWs car in North America. I think with the 2.0L TSI though that it should be fine. Have they diagnosed the problem yet? Overall, the car looks really nice and at $14,300, its definitely a bargain.

Before I got to the second page, I was going to ask about the Passat's reliabilty, since I'm always hearing about the trouble with VWs car in North America. I think with the 2.0L TSI though that it should be fine. Have they diagnosed the problem yet? Overall, the car looks really nice and at $14,300, its definitely a bargain.

The car is going to the dealer tomorrow, to be checked out and see if any parts need to be replaced.

I've already called the dealer and told him how aggravated I am with him, for selling me a car with problems. That probably made him feel quite small. :D

EDIT: Finally got my car back from the garage, all fixed up and lovely. No more problems. :) They replaced the turbo boost sensor (cause of the constant SEL) and another other bit that was corroded, along with some wiring harness.

Last edited:
Small update on the car; I've had the battery and A/C replaced. Going to take it in later and have them check the cam follower and HPFP and the suspension bushings, before the CPO warranty is up. Spark plugs will be coming later, around 60k.

Still enjoying the car so far. I love the surge you get from a turbo, it's addictive. :)

Last edited:
Tell me about it, it's great when accelerating onto the highway, its like it's letting yo know it gets the message "Faster."
And this is with a 1.8L engine

Really? It must not come with platinum plugs then. When I was at Audi all the 2.0Ts had 100k intervals between plugs.

EDIT: Unless it was different before I started there.