Honda Accord EX-L 2008

sicnarf_1978

Car(s)
2017 Buick Regal and 1997 Peugeot 106
My Honda Accord EX-L 2008... 4 cylinder 2,4 liters 190 HP, 5 speed automatic (too much time to wait for a manual), dark blue with black leather. Smooth and comfortable ride, good handling (better than any other competitors except the Mazda 6). During the winter, it runs with Nokian Hakkapellitta RSi, the ultimate winter tire. Now 10 000 km and everything is OK with it.

accord10_800x600.jpg

accord11_800x600.jpg

accord12_800x600.jpg

accord13_800x600.jpg

Yes, it is the only descent car in my building's parking...

Interior.jpg

Anyone else see the similarity in the design of the dashboard?

Nice car, totally different compared to the accord that we get here in europe.

I mean the car itself mechanically is great. I just can't get by how square and weird some of the lines on the car are in areas..

Anyone else see the similarity in the design of the dashboard?

Nice car, totally different compared to the accord that we get here in europe.

I never saw the similarities between the 3 series and the Accord dashboard... probably because the two cars have a big size difference. Inside the BMW, it is small and the driving position is so different. In the Honda, it is huge... bigger than some full size US cars. When I change my car, I was very close to a deal for a Mercedes-Benz C230... but they raise their interest rates and lowered their redidual values at the last minute... so it was too expensive... My second choice was the VW Tiguan, but the waiting list was too long.

The American Accord has the same base than the European Accord, but stretched to satisfy the Big Mac fans. The European Accord is availlable in North America as the Acura TSX.

I was looking at that car before we got the TSX. But the Accord had just come out and they were trying to sell us a base cloth one for $25500. The crappy salesman turned us away from Honda.

That said, very nice car. Leather?
I really like the look of the new Accord Coupe.

Yeah, the sedan is weird-looking and looks bigger than it actually is. The coupe is a lot nicer.

I was looking at that car before we got the TSX. But the Accord had just come out and they were trying to sell us a base cloth one for $25500. The crappy salesman turned us away from Honda.

That said, very nice car. Leather?
I really like the look of the new Accord Coupe.

Here, the crappy salesmen are in Mazda dealers... They know they had 10 % of Mazda global market in Qu?bec (1/40 of North American population), so they sell higher than the MSRP. Honda dealers are more easy to negociate. I had a 1000 $ discount from Honda Canada, free automatic transmission (I wanted the manual)... so 1500 $ discount and free winter tires (1000 $ value). So 3500 $ less for a 32 000 $ car.

Yes, I have the leather. I only miss the V6 and the Navi group. The coupe is great, but the rear doors are very practical... I had a Focus ZX5 before, so I miss a little bit my hatchback...

damn.. I miss my accord. :( I didn't notice the paddleshifters. The EX-L doesn't get those?