Post Your Watches

Sorry, didn't read either of your posts because I can't be arsed anymore. Pointless argument, doesn't deserve my time.

Childish behaviour... See what I meant when I said "I just noticed that you're not experienced?"

What you're doing right now is the same thing a child does. "Nananananana I can't hear you.. nanananana!!!" with his fingers up his ears.

And also saying that what the two of us wrote didn't "deserve your time..." well... there goes the arrogant boy again.

You're right. When one side reacts like that, a discussion or argument is pointless.
I am always willing to turn around and make the first step to settle stuff down (since we obviously got the same hobby... so where's the problem in not arguing with each other), but people need to be serious for that.

I propose we end this now, this discussion needs no additional postings.
Secondly I propose that you post some pics of your Breguet watch, since I think it is really nice. Thought about that watch before I bought the JLC.
Pics would be nice.. never saw that watch in this combination of colors.

Sorry i don't have any original (aka mine) pictures of my watch but my mobile takes crappy photos and my camera is enjoing a service...for some time now...
Anyway this is what i've got

54849903.seikotitanium.jpg

I know it doesn't cost much from a collectors point of view but it is very special to me because it was the first thing i got to buy with my own hard-earned money. Plus it is ultra-light (titanium rules) and i find it very beautiful.

Well, excellent choice!

Seiko is always good.
From a collector's point of view the first watch bought from self-earned-money is the most important one. I buy watches to mark a milestone in my life. My first "real" watch was a M?hle Glash?tte City XIII which doesn't cost too much. The first self-earned money was spent on a Dugena diver's watch for 180?, which I still own today ;)

Nice watch.

Sorry i don't have any original (aka mine) pictures of my watch but my mobile takes crappy photos and my camera is enjoing a service...for some time now...
Anyway this is what i've got

54849903.seikotitanium.jpg

I know it doesn't cost much from a collectors point of view but it is very special to me because it was the first thing i got to buy with my own hard-earned money. Plus it is ultra-light (titanium rules) and i find it very beautiful.
Same inner workings as my Seiko. :)

Sorry to thread-bump, but I didn't want to start a new thread...

Has anyone ever come across a problem where a watch will eat a battery within like 3 days? This watch has done it twice...any idea?

Probably a short. Take it to a watchmaker.

All they will do is replace the motor, if that's even worth it. They usually can't fix anything in quartz watches.

What do you have Necro?

Last edited:
Just a lame Paolo Gucci I bought from shopathometv.com like...5-6 years ago before they switched to all coins, sports items and knives. Some Korean-made thing.

*laughs* I've never purchased anything from TV before, or since...but I was channel surfing, and saw the watch, thought "that was nice..." and then went to their website and bought it.

The majority of the watch is a satin black-chrome...much less silvery than it looks in the pic, the face is black, and all of the numbering/text on the face is white, with chrome hands and hour markers; 2, 4, 8 and 10 glow.

(sorry for the crappy pic)
Watch.jpg

From a collector's point of view the first watch bought from self-earned-money is the most important one.

The first watch I bought myself was a dodgy digital one from ASDA, aged 16 and just started a paper round. Cost about ?10.

Which I guess tells you that, back then, I was so amazingly primitive that I still thought digital watches were a pretty neat idea.

name the quote win 5 kudos points

H2G2, obv, you hoopy frood.

/perfectly happy with my el cheapo walmart brand watches that wear out/break after a couple years.

H2G2, obv, you hoopy frood.

/perfectly happy with my el cheapo walmart brand watches that wear out/break after a couple years.

I have el cheapo watches from Target or Walgreen's. I usually break them two or three times a year...

I have 2 watches this Seiko which is my everyday watch and another fossil that I don't where as often. I like this as an everyday watch because it doesn't need a battery, ever.

499096450_DwttG-L.jpg

Your avatar looks strangely familiar to me.

It is the mascot from my alma mater Oklahoma State University, Pistol Pete. You also might recognize it because the University of Wyoming uses a similar mascot also called Pistol Pete...more info

Which I guess tells you that, back then, I was so amazingly primitive that I still thought digital watches were a pretty neat idea.

What they totally are!

That's my baby:

13123-_slideshow.jpg

I call her Prevalence.

^ What, no databank or even calculator?!

Douglas Adams wasn't talking about LCD watches, but digital watches:

digital_watch.jpg

^ What, no databank or even phonebook?!

Nope, not even a light. Just time/date..ish.

Douglas Adams wasn't talking about LCD watches, but digital watches:

You're being Captain Serious again there.

Last edited:
Mine:

sekonda-gents-titanium-chronograph-watch.jpg

Titanium. :D