No 56k: 1995 Camaro Z28 project part 2: Pushrod Boogaloo

Assuming they don't fall apart F-Bodies in general will out handle Mustangs from the same era ( as long as the Mustang doesn't have an SVT badge on it).

Yep.

Solid rear like the mustang, but the fbodies got a panhard bar and torque arm.

Assuming they don't fall apart F-Bodies in general will out handle Mustangs from the same era ( as long as the Mustang doesn't have an SVT badge on it).

1. Fbodies do not "fall apart". *points to sig* ^
2. Foxbodies (87-93) outhandle Fbodies (82-92) of that generation.

^-Odometer of my Camaro:
305_miles.jpg

Last edited:
Disagree - unless you mod the Fox, the F-body is a better handler. The stock Fox has suspension bind and snap oversteer that's so bad, Motor Trend or someone made a point of ridiculing it for a few pages.

And F-bodies *do* fall apart. Where do you think I got my TH700R4 from? :p

Disagree - unless you mod the Fox, the F-body is a better handler. The stock Fox has suspension bind and snap oversteer that's so bad, Motor Trend or someone made a point of ridiculing it for a few pages.

And F-bodies *do* fall apart. Where do you think I got my TH700R4 from? :p

Mod versus mod the Foxbody with the Cobra IRS beats the F-Body's. I was going to assume you MOD the Foxbody because why the hell would you leave the suspension stock? :D

And I'm sorry but they do not fall apart unless you purposely do not do regular maintenance on them. And then ANY car falls apart. There are plenty of local guys with Fbodies (3rd gens) that have over 200k on the clock from the original engine and transmission. My 700R4 is still in great shape for its age. :cool:

The powertrain in the F-Bodies is okay, it's the rest of the car and particularly the interior that just disintegrates. And the external plastics. And the urethane nose. And... well, you get the idea.

And I was talking about out of the box - modding them doesn't mean anything as with unlimited dollars you can get either ahead of the other. You can put a C4 IRS in an F-body, too.

Funny my interior is the nicest part of my car, the outside is only extra-ugly becuase im in the process of making it look good... And its not fair to bring up the cobra :D Or ill compare it to a ZL-1! (The GT is more of a fair comparison)

[youtube=Qf7h3lwWHBU]Does your mustang have a factory big block?[/youtube]
(This is not a mod car, this is a camaro they drove from the factory, swapped on some slicks and ran)

Last edited:
1. Fbodies do not "fall apart". *points to sig* ^

^-Odometer of my Camaro:
305_miles.jpg

Depends how lucky you were. A lot of them came out of the factory in a horrible state (blame the UAW).

The powertrain in the F-Bodies is okay, it's the rest of the car and particularly the interior that just disintegrates. And the external plastics. And the urethane nose. And... well, you get the idea.

And I was talking about out of the box - modding them doesn't mean anything as with unlimited dollars you can get either ahead of the other. You can put a C4 IRS in an F-body, too.

The interior needed some TLC and lots of garage time. The sun was the weakness for all American interiors from the begining to about 2000. The exterior fibreglass was ok as long as you didn't touch it. :lol: Mine is still in great shape...the chin spoiler however is not. It always rubs when going over dips, driveways and speed humps.

With unlimited money I can swap any IRS into any car. $$$ talks BS walks am-i-rite? :D

The interior needed some TLC and lots of garage time. The sun was the weakness for all American interiors from the begining to about 2000. The exterior fibreglass was ok as long as you didn't touch it. :lol: Mine is still in great shape...the chin spoiler however is not. It always rubs when going over dips, driveways and speed humps.

With unlimited money I can swap any IRS into any car. $$$ talks BS walks am-i-rite? :D

Before Wayne Due exited business, he was charging ~$400 for his kit to put a C4 IRS in an F-body. Not exactly unlimited dollars territory there. :p

o_O your kidding, 400 installed? Not that i really want an IRS but for that price it would be hard to pass up...

Minor update news (i dont like to post real updates until i already have another one to follow it ready), parts! I might be able to come into posession of a RS spoiler. What do you guys think of how it would look? Its like the 4th gens "ducktail" style... *time passes* and my google-fu fails me, i cant seem to find a good picture!

Last edited:
o_O your kidding, 400 installed? Not that i really want an IRS but for that price it would be hard to pass up...

I think 400 for the modification kit.

Yea you neglect to mention another 800-1000 dollars for the rear end itself... I'll go with a moser 12 bolt thank-you-very-much...

Yea you neglect to mention another 800-1000 dollars for the rear end itself... I'll go with a moser 12 bolt thank-you-very-much...

Unless you pull it out at a junkyard - at which point, it's a lot cheaper.

The only corvette i've seen at the local junkyards was indeed a c5, but it had gone for a long swim in a river or swamp, i didnt even want to touch it...

The only corvette i've seen at the local junkyards was indeed a c5, but it had gone for a long swim in a river or swamp, i didnt even want to touch it...

I don't see how that would necessarily damage the rear suspension unless it hit something in the process. I wouldn't imagine it rustifying that easily.

Look on-line and I am sure you can get a C4 for a packet of cigarettes. They aren't exactly classics.

I've heard that the 82-92 F-body's actually handle BETTER than the 93-02 cars. :dunno:

New update: "What? This car is still around?" Video updates!

Hey guys, finally got around to finding some digital media for you all, my random "next you'll see whats under the hood" took forever because i had some pictures, but never got around to resizing them. Instead i've got a video shot way back in the spring!!!!!

This video features my new spark plug wires, new headers (you'll hear the exhaust leak i eventually fixed) and my unique way of plugging up the hole in the Chevrolet Caprice intake elbow :) Spencers gifts is an auto parts store right? Also features me saying "umm" a lot. :wall:

[youtube]NdipyqyX6-c[/youtube]

While im video-ing i might as well post my friends impala being worked on in the same garage. Also features us acting like rednecks, and my classy line "For the souuuuuth!".

[youtube]b21EnckCIhY[/youtube]

Your Camaro sounds amazing and I love the extra "additions" to the engine :p I also want you to knwo that I am VERY jealous of your friend. I've always dreamed of owning a B-Body Caprice/Impala SS :(

I've followed the NASA CMC leagues (Camaro Mustang Challenge) and local autocross circles long enough to know that is pretty much untrue. With enough money, anything will outhandle anything, and with enough wear on suspenion parts, anything will get beaten by anything.

Those 87-93 foxbodies are nowhere near F-bodies in terms of handling off the showroom floor. If you're talking with upgrades, it's just about who has the most money.