The Stig: FG in TG Magazine

Excellent.. :blink:

Does anybody know whether or not the April TG mag which makes it all the way over to the USA will still include the free Stig DVD? I usually pick it up at the newsstand, and they just got in the March issue here. We have a region free DVD player, so I'd be interested to see it.

Dunno how it is about americaland, but over here in germanyland it usually ends up at international airports only with a hefty delay and an even heftier price hike. But at least you can get it :mrgreen:

Does anybody know whether or not the April TG mag which makes it all the way over to the USA will still include the free Stig DVD? I usually pick it up at the newsstand, and they just got in the March issue here. We have a region free DVD player, so I'd be interested to see it.

I don't know about a random newsstand, but I've seen TG mags with DVDs occasionally at Borders.

And a giant round of applause to everyone here at the forums, especially Viper, Quicky, SL65, and the rest of the team. :clap::cheers:

In Aussie-land my subscription mag (until recently) barely arrived intact, let alone with any of the freebies. Recently they've got a better quality plastic bag which means it's not arriving torn and mangled. We're seeing more free stuff attached to the Oz version of the mag in the shops, nothing with the UK version (at least in my neck of the woods).

I'm still pissed I didn't get the magnet cars.

In Aussie-land my subscription mag (until recently) barely arrived intact, let alone with any of the freebies. Recently they've got a better quality plastic bag which means it's not arriving torn and mangled. We're seeing more free stuff attached to the Oz version of the mag in the shops, nothing with the UK version (at least in my neck of the woods).

I'm still pissed I didn't get the magnet cars.

I didn't get the free dvd with the march TGA mag, becuase I got the subscription. But even better, they left it on the top of my mailbox (which is in a brick wall sort of thing), and I caught some kid trying to nick it when I got home (god, I went offf at him- "DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THAT COSTS??????"). This month they folded it in half and shoved it the malbox and partially shredded the cover.
Don't know which way of deivery I prefer really. But yeah, I want freebies, dammit!!!! :(

Last edited:

A friend picks mine up usually every month when he has to go to the big city for business and I have never gotten a DVD with one.

I had a subscription until last year, never got the "freebies" with that either which is why I no longer subscribe.

It is expensive at borders, but gives me about 2 weeks of reading and when you figure I can usually read a magazine in one day or less, it is worth it.

It's stupid that they don't get the freebies if you subscribe. If you pay around $80 a year for 12 issues, surely you can get the extras?

Anyway, back on topic: Hooray for Final Gear.

My son gave it to me for mother's day and it ran about $165.00 for 13 issues US. It was actually a little more expensive to subscribe and still no freebies.

My friend has to go to a horribly congested part of town to get to Borders, so I would prefer to subscribe, but at this point, when I get it I am happy, otherwise, no big deal.

But I will make a point of getting this issue.

sorry to partially hijack this thread, but while we're on the subject of the TG mag, has anyone outside of the UK been able to get their hands on TG's special F1 Edition that was released 2 weeks ago or so?

sorry to partially hijack this thread, but while we're on the subject of the TG mag, has anyone outside of the UK been able to get their hands on TG's special F1 Edition that was released 2 weeks ago or so?

I believe they had it at my "random" newsstand where I picked up the March issue of TG mag. I didn't grab F1 as well because it would have been too much to haul home on the bus. :) (Yes, I am a TG addict, but I commute by public transport. By "bendy bus" no less.)

I believe they had it at my "random" newsstand where I picked up the March issue of TG mag. I didn't grab F1 as well because it would have been too much to haul home on the bus. :) (Yes, I am a TG addict, but I commute by public transport. By "bendy bus" no less.)

INFIDEL!!!!!!!

Today, the TG Magazine.

Tomorrow, the world.

The day after tomorrow, massive victory celebration hangovers.

oho, nice. FG gets some love.

(Also for those on about the free stuff - it depends on the publisher/distributor, sometimes newsagencies get the freebies, sometimes Borders or supermarkets get the freebies but airfreight versions will rarely ever come with freebies, because airfreight titles are destroyed after onsale ends, not shipped back to the publisher like they might do in country of origin).

My copy of the mag gets shipped to me directly from the UK via airmail, so the freebie might show up here magically if it's really wanted.

in the words of Mr Burns "Excellent" our plans for world domination are nearly complete... /evil laugh