Brake Line failure

p0w3r

Car(s)
2010 Acura TSX
Hey so my friend needs some help with a homework assignment...she has to figure out the cause of a brake line failure in a 2002 Buick Century. I think its rust...but i dont really know. Even still she also needs to find out why it failed and what was at fault...so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Picture1.png

Picture2.png

did the failure cause an accident or something?
^sry about offenses caused.
In my unexperienced opinion, looks like rust.

Last edited:
He said its a 'homework assignment.' Its probably just an example.

Rust and a hard application of the brakes is all it takes. I've had 2 cars break lines on me, and both looked about like that.

hmm makes sense, but according to her, the line was coated with aluminum alloy...wouldnt that prevent the rusting? and isint it dangerous how brake lines can rust and break while in use? i actually never heard of this happening to anyone in person...so im kinda confused.

Aluminized lines only help for so long. They will eventually rust, just check out any aluminized exhaust pipes after about five years. I'd really like to see where this brake line is supposed to go on the car.

Also, it may have rusted from the inside out - this is why you're supposed to flush your brake system at regular intervals.