Edmunds: Fun cars aren't dead. But they might be soon.

It won't die. Especially not here. Too many hoons in RWD Commodores and Falcons to let that happen..

Bah. Of course not. This is just a journalist indulging his natural need to scare monger.

In the same way that people still drive Model T's, people will be driving sports cars for hundreds of years, old and new.

The car culture here in Socal is entirely way to strong to let it die. If we must we'll stick with older cars, but so long as people can figure out how to crack ecu's, adapt GC coil overs and weld up exhaust manifolds, there will continue to be fun cars... even if they require few grand in mods.

...and even with "green" electric cars... it will be a different kind of modding and fun as with V8s, but imagine how much fun computer savvy nerds can have with a car that's almost completely computer controlled.
(hmmm.... doing a standing quarter mile with an external power supply, the cable length should not be that much of a problem... and a bigger electro motor will be found sowhere...)

^^^^ I'm probably one of the few on this forum that has no problem with electric power/motors. There is so much potential to destroy axles and driveshafts make retarded amounts of power and torque out of 'em it's almost mind blowing!

Bah when I have a kid they'll grow up to appreciate cars or well not grow up at all. Seriously though some of my fondest memories as a child were helping my Grandfather work on his car or boat in his messy ass garage and I want to share that with my kids, plus they can get their fingers into places I can't.