2009 Malaysian Formula 1 Grand Prix

Sadly, I only have a crappy tv, so I'll have to wait to 11pm till they show it. I'll be completely avoiding the internet after the actual green light

Quick question, I heard at the end of qualifying that, Brawn were apparently protesting against Glock for blocking Barrichello's lap. Any word on that?

Otherwise, really happy for Toyota on P2 :thumbsup:

Otherwise, really happy for Toyota on P2 :thumbsup:
And P3 ;)

Haven't heard anything about the Glock protest, so I'm assuming it hasn't been upheld. So that means Glock goes from P5 up to P3 with the 2 penalties in place.

How many of you will be up and in #gear for the race? It's a 2am race for me, so I'm still considering whether I want to stay up that late or not.
I'll be awake, it will be on 2am here as well.

How many of you will be up and in #gear for the race? It's a 2am race for me, so I'm still considering whether I want to stay up that late or not.

What's the IRC server? I think I might join you guys this time, the teenagers on justin.tv's chatroom are mostly idiots that doesn't know how to turn the caps lock off.

I'm surprised that you even bothered to chat there

I'm surprised that you even bothered to chat there

Didn't really chat, but the chatbox was right next to the live coverage screen. It's hard not to pay attention to what those noobs have to say about the race.

Didn't really chat, but the chatbox was right next to the live coverage screen. It's hard not to pay attention to what those noobs have to say about the race.

it's quite funny sometimes though. i really liked the stuff they said when smoke was coming out of kimi's cockpit.

"kimi dropped his joint!!1"
"he's driving with his bong in the car!"

it's quite funny sometimes though. i really liked the stuff they said when smoke was coming out of kimi's cockpit.

"kimi dropped his joint!!1"
"he's driving with his bong in the car!"

ROFL

the bong explanation could be possbile, you never know what Kimi will do:mrgreen: :cool:

IT GON RAIN

Well if you believe the story linked below, the race will be stopped early due to either monsoonal rains or darkness.

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-bad-light-stops-play-in-sepang/

Rain is forecast for Sunday, and while there?s no guarantee that it will arrive during the race, the result if it does could be spectacular. We?ve had massive thunderstorms this week, and at around 6.45pm on Saturday, it really came down. The skies literally turned from blue to black in a matter of minutes as a wall of water swept over the venue, and the skies filled with lightning like I?ve never seen before.

The point is that with the new 5pm start if the race is slowed by rain or safety cars or an incident, the cars could still be running as the clock moves towards 7pm ? and today, and I?m not kidding, it was black by then ? we are not going to get the full distance in.

If it does get dark it looks like McLaren might not be so far behind in development after all ;)
[YOUTUBE]nOl_p3gyrD0[/YOUTUBE]

I'll be on and off. Am over the shittiness of my DVR/One SD/whatever it was that screwed up the recording of quali (no idea how it happened especially as I'd selected the program off the guide instead of setting times but maybe it ran over or something), and am looking forward to the race tonight :cool:

Dear god, please let this be as epic as my pony-filled imagination sees it!

It'll be shit. We'll be treated to the dull spectacle of seeing the safety car lap the circuit, and then it'll be stopped when it becomes too dark to see anything. These twilight races are a lousy idea. It sucked in Melbourne and it'll suck in Malaysia too.

The track was soaking wet for the GP2 Asia race which has just finished, although it seems it has already stopped raining.