2009 Australian Formula 1 Grand Prix

I dont understand, what did he think FIA is going to do? or does he want to help destroy McLaren?

Well, if he does become a free agent, which is unlikely until the end of the season, where do you think he'll be heading next?

I'm going to do something strange here. I'm going to draw a parallel between Lewis Hamilton and Ayrton Senna.

Ayrton Senna, in the year after his first championship win, was seen as an enigma which needed to go away. Why was this? He didn't do anything wrong per se. It was simply because he was involved with all this controversy, almost all of which was not his doing at all. A significant portion of the public and racing community alike saw him as a pompous asshole, especially after he and Alain Prost had the coming together at Suzuka, which he survived, won the race, and was then disqualified for being push started (Prost retired).

No matter what Ayrton said or did, the public didn't like him, until he won his championship back.

This is what is happening with Lewis Hamilton right now. And Bernie Ecclestone. And George W. Bush had it. They all share this curse where people will refuse to see anything good about anything they do until they do something which proves the public and their peers monumentally wrong. It's public relations doom.

Now Hamilton expresses an interest to pull out, go away, and be a "bad memory". And he gets shit for that?

Shame. On. You.

Last edited:
Just in case some of you missed it...

Hamilton considered quitting F1 over the incident

Are you FUCKING kidding me?? Where the hell is the wahhhhhhmbulance? Playing the victim much? I was honestly just a little upset over this whole issue before but after reading this I am just APPALLED.

"The newspaper claims that the world champion was talked out of walking away from the sport by FIA president Max Mosley, after Hamilton contacted the governing body to express his frustration that McLaren had misled him over the affair."

Oh boo fucking hoo. Man up you stupid prick.

UGHHHH!!!!!!

I don't mean to get in on this late but just reading that angered me so much.

How you can go from being a cheat to the world's worst terrorist victim in one day is unfuckingbelievable.

But but...but moooooooom the people in the medias called me a..a cheat and a liar! Dat makes me sad make dems stop pleeeaaaaaaaase /Cartman.

Yawn... we'll see what develops with that story when Lewis is actually asked about it, or when he actually says something himself.

Every source, and every quote in that story is by everybody EXCEPT Lewis or Anthony Hamilton. For all we know it can be a whole pile of shite. I'd take it with e grain of salt...

The only thing mentioned in that very article from Lewis' mouth is stuff he said in his press conference already. Therefore, there is actually no "news" in the story at all. However, I can't say that there's no smoke without fire... so I'm going to wait and see what Lewis or Anthony say about this, themselves, rather than hearing some BS from Bernie and Max.

i doubt that he will leave f1, nor mclaren. it's probably some made up bullshit to make the public feel sorry for hamilton.

yeah it's almost laughable to think of hamilton leaving f1, what else is he going to do besides f1? surely not nascar?!

who the hell is charlie? a steward? cus he obviously cant provide answers very fast to allow people to make correct decisions.

I find it damn frustrating that they cant get someone to sit down for literally 5 minutes, and listen to the radios while watching the cameras on the 2 cars and an overall.. does the FIA have 3 spare screens and the radio coverage after the race, cus it seems like they didnt listen to the radio coms until like wednesday! stupid idiots!!!!

all of this is frickin laughable..

its like the FIA are saying mclaren witheld the radio comms, but these radio transmissions are public, how could it take 4 days for them to apprently finally get hold of them and say they were 'mislead'..

its ridiculous, how hard is it to pull the 2 drivers (and an engineer or whatever) into a quick interview with the fIA, with both radio conversations on hand, and footage, and come to a decision once and for all.. Maximum half an hour after the race.. if they cars went at the pace of the fia's final decision making, this would be a very boring sport!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7978935.stm

this suggests that 'the radio conversation was not given to the FIA by mclaren'.. how is that the case!! and that would then not be a fault with LH, but his numpty team.

when things like this happen, the FIA surely just have all radio comms at hand, how dont they when even the press have full race access to radio coms

I still think that the original decision to promote LH to 3rd was the right one, and at WORST put him back down to 4th.. but its CLEAR AS DAY from the transcripts they were trying to find out if lewis was supposed to let trulli pass again from the steward charlie, who seemed to give off nothing.. phone off the hook mate?!

Last edited:
I don't think that this stuff has been made up. I would say that Lewis probably is rather pissed off at the moment, because he was taking all the flak for it. Dave Ryan went home, hiding somewhere, while he's in the spotlight having to answer all the questions.

I would suspect that Lewis feels like not being protected by the team. Had McLaren publically appologized to Lewis for making him lie, that would have given him more protection, so for now McMerc keep their mouth shut and all world considers Lewis the main offender. After all, it will stick to *his* career, noone will remember Dave Ryan in a years time, but to his CV it'll stick like dog poo to your shoe.

Now his father is a different matter. He just wants to profit of his sons exploits and this little desaster tarnishes his precious sons image, that's why he's so energetic about it. I could never make much sense of this dude lurking about in every shot of Lewis. If my old man would be stalking me like that, I'd have kicked his arse all the way back home already a long time ago.

For my liking I saw a little too few support from McLaren, they let Lewis take too much of the blame and I suspect, although he might not want to leave immediately, the relationship between him and the team might be rather strained and probably will be for quite a time.

Last edited:

Press Release
World Motor Sport Council
07/04/2009

EXTRAORDINARY MEETING OF THE
WORLD MOTOR SPORT COUNCIL

Vodafone McLaren Mercedes has been invited to appear before an extraordinary meeting of the FIA World Motor Sport Council in Paris on Wednesday, 29 April, 2009, to answer charges that, in breach of Article 151c of the International Sporting Code, it

• on 29 March, 2009, told the stewards of the Australian Grand Prix that no instructions were given to Hamilton in Car No. 1 to allow Trulli in Car no. 9 to pass when both cars were behind the safety car, knowing this statement to be untrue;

• procured its driver Hamilton the current World Champion, to support and confirm this untrue statement to the stewards;

• although knowing that as a direct result of its untrue statement to the stewards, another driver and a rival team had been unfairly penalised, made no attempt to rectify the situation either by contacting the FIA or otherwise;

• on 2 April, 2009, at a second hearing before the stewards of the Australian Grand Prix, (meeting in Malaysia) made no attempt to correct the untrue statement of 29 March but, on the contrary, continued to maintain that the statement was true, despite being allowed to listen to a recording of the team instructing Hamilton to let Trulli past and despite being given more than one opportunity to correct its false statement;

• on 2 April, 2009, at the second stewards' hearing, procured its driver Hamilton to continue to assert the truth of the false statement given to the stewards on 29 March, while knowing that what he was saying to the stewards was not true.

Source: http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/pressreleases/wmsc/2009/Pages/wmsc_ex.aspx

---

Why is it called 'Extraordinary Meeting'.

Last edited:
...oh god, here we go again, not even two years later...

Did the WMSC decide on the diffusers today?

Oh shit you're right...14th of April...I remember them saying it would be the Tuesday after malaysia...clearly not...

I'd say Hamilton is done at Mclaren. But how about this, Rubens is getting up there in age, there's no guarantee he'll be back for next year. Imagine a Brawn GP brit powerhouse. Jenson and Lewis driving, Brawn in charge and sponsored by Virgin. All they would need to do is talk Cosworth into making them an engine.

Only next year Brawn arent going to be as dominant as now and probably behind coz of budget.