Official F1 2009 Threads

:clap:

TechZ, can you drop sponsors and just write Australian Grand Prix, Spanish etc

Gran Premio de Espa?a Telef?nica < stuff like that annoys me.

Not wanting to sound negative, but I do have a question:

What is the purpose of this, specifically I mean ? Will this be "just" a place where you can find a link to the official discussion thread regarding each race ? Because if so, then it won't change very much: people will still be competing to be the one to start the race thread, resulting in unneccessary confusion and more work for the mods in seeing over which thread should be closed and which shouldn't.

Or:

Does this mean, that from now on TechZ will open the new race thread as the season progresses and then adds the links here ? Which of course would be a very fine way to go and nobody should have any complaining about that.

Seeking clarification here, that's all.

Does this mean, that from now on TechZ will open the new race thread as the season progresses and then adds the links here ? Which of course would be a very fine way to go and nobody should have any complaining about that.
I think what swek agreed to do in the epic bitching thread is agree to make the race threads (or some mod make the race threads) based on a format we can all agree on... since apparently a format really matters to some people, and all sensibility and logic ceases if it's not precisely followed. That way we don't have a rat race to see who can make the first post, but we avoid the "DEVON CAN DO THEM BETTER" whining, too.

Or whinging. Is that a Euro spelling or something?

If I'm going to make the thread, someone would need to remind me at the end of each race to do so...or a few weeks before hand. No 1 person can always remember or know what the best time to start a thread is.

I started this thread so users who regularly read the threads for each race will have a central point to come to find those links, not find 2 or more threads and have to pick.

It doesnt solve your problem of everyone wanting to be the first to post the thread...unfortunately.

I could simply start all the threads now and lock them. Then unlock them as time goes by.

^^Nah, the questions should be based on current events. And it would be good to have someone make the threads that is actively involved in the F1 section, which I think is why lots of us want Devon to keep doing it.

I am sure the new guy is a F1 fan and was unaware of the 'tradition' - he did a good thread IMHO actually but we like (well I do) DEVONS Questions and the other stuff he puts in.

I'd just like to point out that the format I use for the GP threads was originally started by HondaF1, when he 'traditionally' use to start the threads.

I just did the GP thread one time when HondaF1 hadn't been online for awhile and then just kept doing them because he never returned. :( Just a bit of history on the thing and I don't want to take the credit for the GP thread format when I didn't come up with it.

I never felt like I had 'ownership' over the race threads, it just became a 'tradition' because I thought everyone was happy with the way it worked.

I didn't know people felt so strong about it all, and after everything that's happened in the past few days, I feel nothing has been achieved from it at all, except a bitch fight.

I take part responsibility in what has occurred, seeing as I did a repost for the Chinese Grand Prix due to MOTORLOON's originally thread turning into a spam fest and thinking we all wanted to stick to tradition.

The mods have made it clear anyone can open the race threads, which has always been the case. Therefore, if you want to start a GP thread, feel free to open it in whatever format you wish.

I've enjoyed bringing the GP threads to you, but it's time for a change.

(Please don't start a debate about the whole thing again, that is not my intention.)

^^Nah, the questions should be based on current events. And it would be good to have someone make the threads that is actively involved in the F1 section, which I think is why lots of us want Devon to keep doing it.
Assuming TechZ being part of the "F1 Fanatics" group means he follows Formula 1, I don't see any reason why he couldn't make the threads and create relevant talking points.

he did a good thread IMHO actually but we like (well I do) DEVONS Questions and the other stuff he puts in.
I really don't know what you guys are seeing was missing from MOTORLOON1993's post besides the talking points Devon includes, and a brief paragraph summary of the event; neither of which ever seem necessary for, say, TG episode discussion threads.

Here's the format I propose for race threads, based on things I thought were good for discussion from both threads:

• Summary of last race leading into this race
  • Track map
  • Scenery pictures
  • Pictures from last race held there
  • Time table
  • Talking points
Also, I think the best time to start a race discussion thread would be right after the preceding race ends.

Can we all agree on this?

If Y, I think we would all like to just put this fiasco behind us and move on, with TechZ opening the threads from now on.

Last edited:
Good idea.

me like.

Yup, fine by me ;)

:cheers: to anyone who posted in this thread. Nice to see we can still be civil. I like the solution very much.