MLB '09 Regular Season Thread

^^ :p

(Let's see if Hooper Looper is worth the contract, Crew.)

I cringed after seeing the relief pitcher get nailed by Cameron's line drive tonight. Definitely something you don't want to see happen in a ballgame; hopefully the injury won't be too serious.

Like others today, the game had a moment of silence for Nick Adenhart. What a very tragic story. :(

The story about Adenhart is absolutely tragic. :( It's a shame when young talent is taken out too early. My thoughts are with his family, friends and Angels organization.

RIP All young people taken too early. But to leave this earth on such a wonderful night for a person is so tragic.

Just tuned into Giants vs Brewers and heard the news. Three others dead too. Not good.

The plus side is that the scumbag that hit them had 3x the legal blood alcohol limit and is facing murder charges that will put him behind bars for 55 years.

Just got done watching the Sox v Angels game, nice tribute to Adenhart at the beginning and it seemed to strengthen Weaver. Even though the Sox lost I can't help but think the Angels needed and deserved this one.

Two highlights from Cubs/Brewers:

[YOUTUBE]ON8uGgQsls0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]68yZk61xq68[/YOUTUBE]

I might as well enjoy the win...Zambrano's pitching later tonight.

Wow BJ Ryan...stop trying to give me a heart attack every time you pitch, I'm only 22 FFS.

Wow BJ Ryan...stop trying to give me a heart attack every time you pitch, I'm only 22 FFS.
He's a closer, it's part of his job description.
Do not besmirch the name of The Riot.
I love the LSU guys, but Fontenot will always be my boy. :p The Riot, on the other hand, can be downright infuriating at times. Whether it's his fielding or that freaking single he always hits when we need a double, he'll find a way to piss me off.

Last edited:
He's a closer, it's part of his job description.

With a 4 run lead in the 9th with 2 outs, allowing a single and 2 walks and then coughing up a bases clearing double to a batter hitting .050 shortens my lifespan by a couple of years.

Soriano is red hot right now. Damn, that was a beautiful bomb to win the game in the 9th.

Well, that sucked. :-|

Oh joy, it's a national broadcast tomorrow....and Soup Can is pitching. Shit.

Andy and Adam LaRoche. (Not sure if they are related, tbh).

I know, I just thought it was quite funny how they ended up batting behind eachother in the same lineup.

Had a great time at the Braves game last night tickets were behind the Brave's dugout 23rd row. Seeing Kawakami's first start and win was pretty cool, he did well once he settled down and Kelly Johnson brought in some runs.