Top Gear Boys are Trekkies!

TurnerGTX

Last night's premiere, the latest in a series which have taken place around the world, was packed with stars.

They included Radio One DJ Edith Bowman, Strictly Come Dancing star Camilla Dallerup, socialite Tamara Ecclestone and the cast of Top Gear.

article-1172145-048EFD42000005DC-205_468x685.jpg

article-1172145-048EF877000005DC-724_224x603.jpg

article-1172145-048EF7B9000005DC-257_224x588.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1172145/Ex-WAG-Claire-Merry-comes-Trekkie-silver-spacesuit-Star-Trek-premiere.html

I'm not surprised about that since Jeremy is constantly making Trek references in reviews. What I want to know about is this premier! I thought the movie wasn't out until June? I must know!

Jeremy (&thus the whole Top gear trio) is a good friend of Simon Pegg, which is possible why they made the premiere, besides, Im sure they've seen a fair bit of Trek episodes in their lives.

I'm not surprised about that since Jeremy is constantly making Trek references in reviews. What I want to know about is this premier! I thought the movie wasn't out until June? I must know!

The movie comes out on May 8, I believe.

I am a huge Trek fan. YES. YESSSSSSSS. TOP GEAR + STAR TREK = WIN.

WHY DO THEY GET TO SEE IT NOW AND I DON'T :mad:

That's great news. Looks like it's May 7th Stateside so I was clearly mixed up. So that's new Trek in May, then TG is back on air in June, and by July the new Potter movie. Finally, some things to look forward to in life.

Nah, you guys missed the point, Jeremy was featured in Eric Bana's documentary "Love the Beast", and Eric Bana is the villain in the new Star Trek movie, hence the connection.

Could have something do to with Simon Pegg as well, as he was once appeared on Top Gear as SIARPC.

Too bad Top Gear is not on when the latest Star Trek premier, Eric Bana should be quite an interesting SIARPC

I don't know as a non-star trek fan if watching this film because of Eric Bana will be worth it...that guys is awesome.

so is the top gear crew in the show...im confused.

Not really, they were guests at the premiere yesterday in London together with loads of other British celebrities. :)

And here is the song that will be in your head for the rest of the day.
James will approve of the Plasticine used.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCARADb9asE[/youtube]

Last edited:
Jayney, Hamster's got a bit of a stuble going on there...

frankly, im stoked about the new trek movie, which is awesome since the last good one was first contact (which rocked ass BTW) and that was way back in like 96.

ive been a hardcore trekkie for years but fell off during the later part of Enterprise, after they messed with the theme song i tuned out. ANYWAYS. i am supremely jealous of the lads and really cant wait for both Trek and TG. its going to be a good summer.

Holy moly whats happening to Hammond?
Its almost spoilerish

86047738.jpg

Well as for the Trekkies .......I dont care :p I havent watched any Star Wars trekkies (Maybe I have but just dont remember) but any way I dont care....

(Ducks from the flames of the trekkies)

Last edited:
Well as for the Trekkies .......I dont care :p I havent watched any Star Wars (Maybe I have but just dont remember) but any way I dont care....

(Ducks from the flames of the trekkies)

I wouldn't flame you. I feel too sorry for you.