Random Thoughts....

You two, take my word for it, school is so much better than work. Seriously, you guys will miss school an awful lot once you start working.

I still have some years of uni ahead of me though.

I have Silver Duke of Edinburgh tomorrow! I'm excited :)

Congrats Becka ?, well done. :thumbsup:
Shall expect pics of awards ceremony and details of the adventures in due course. :cool:

(Hope you don?t mind I?ve added this below for those outside of the UK & participating countries.)

Wiki Duke of Edinburgh AWARDS

Wikipedia DofE Awards said:
The concept of the DofE is simple ? anyone aged between 14 and 24 can do a programme at one of three progressive levels which, when successfully completed, lead to a Bronze, Silver or Gold Duke of Edinburgh?s Award.

There are four sections at Bronze and Silver level and five at Gold.

With assistance from adult Leaders, participants select and set objectives in each of the following areas:

Volunteering: undertaking service to individuals or the community.

Physical: improving in an area of sport, dance or fitness activities.

Skills: developing practical and social skills and personal interests.

Expedition: planning, training for and completion of an adventurous journey in the UK or abroad.
It will take a participant at least 6 months to complete a Silver programme of the DofE if they have already achieved a Bronze award. It will take a participant at least 12 months to complete a Silver programme without a Bronze award.
.. continues

I JUST WANT TO GO HOME AND GET OUT OF THIS UNIVERSITY FOR EVER............AHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Wait until the second year, then you'll realize that the classes you took the year before were all blow off classes compared to what you are doing. Of course, I'll probably say the same thing when I'm taking Biochem next semester.

Nah I'm going back home next year as my dad is a GM retiree and who knows when those funds will end.

And I am getting out a school that is mroe full of itself then a stuffed turkey (ya that was lame deal with it).

Nah I'm going back home next year as my dad is a GM retiree and who knows when those funds will end.

And I am getting out a school that is mroe full of itself then a stuffed turkey (ya that was lame deal with it).

Oh I see, I thought it was just general complaining about school. I know I was ecstatic and couldn't wait to leave after finishing my last final last year. Are you transferring or working next year?

Oh I see, I thought it was just general complaining about school. I know I was ecstatic and couldn't wait to leave after finishing my last final last year. Are you transferring or working next year?

Transfering if the credits if possible, if not might go to college to become a plumber or some other trade.

^ What university do you go to?

Stuffy, eh? Is it Queens per chance? :D

Nah its worse, Mac:p

Seriously...all the kids do here is say how they are better than everyone else or just as good...heard a guy the other day waiting in line for an exam say to his buddy. "Do all your friends back home think your really smart because you go to Mac?" "No, they go to UofT...why the fuck would they think I'm smart, its just Mac.

Hmm, McMaster doesn't seem to have the same reputation out here.

Maybe it's just that there's so few unis in Canada, but they're mostly like that. I know McGill, UofT, Queen's and even UBC students think they're better than everyone else.

I wasn't allowed to do Duke of Edinburgh at school. Shame the camping bit would have been awesome.

I watched Postal...I did because I like the main actor as he made me laugh on Titus...they had an MG42 in it...

I just used a lame pick-up line.....and it worked! I was out running on a local trail that parallels the river in town, which is really popular with all sorts of people. Well I see this pretty girl walking her dog and I don't know if I had heard the line somewhere before but it just popped in my head. Here is the exchange:

Me: Hey that is a cool dog, what's his name?
Her: Oh his name is Bailey, he's a Australian cattle dog.
Me: Well hello Bailey, you have a gorgeous owner. What's her name?

yada yada yada, I get her number and finish my run. Pretty good evening all in all.:thumbsup:

No pointless general classes for me. All we learn in these technical training courses is stuff we're actually going to use in our jobs. It's fantastic! And did I mention I'm getting paid to learn? :tease:

Ugh, my neighbour is driving me insane with the smell of his barbecuing.

Now, there are much worse smells than sizzling beef, but every single day when the weather is even remotely nice he cooks steaks on his porch. Weather's been great for a few days so he's been at it for a few days, and since nice weather = warm weather I can't really close me windows.

And he doesn't do it at a time that coincides with my lunch or dinner... gah, smell of beef is killing me.

Last edited: