Random Thoughts....

So the one decent game you played was 14 years ago?
And you had a Swedish coach! :p

Alright, try this on for size:

During the last 15 years, 1994 - present day, Finland and Sweden have played each other a total of 16 times in the IIHF World Championships.

Finland 8- Sweden 7 and once the game was a tie.

Also during that 15 year span guess which one has had more better final classifications ? Yup, it's Finland again, having been ahead of the Swedes in the final standings 8 times yo tour 7.

And wanna know something more; Playing the crucial matches, being quarterfinals or better, we have gone head to head 7 times. And naturally we lead that one 4-3.

Ssooooo...umm....:tease:

Last edited:
^No, you are wrong and I won't believe you!! :cry:

BTW: how many World championships and Olympic golds do you have?
And how many times have you won the Olympics and the WC the same year?

^No, you are wrong and I won't believe you!! :cry:

BTW: how many World championships and Olympic golds do you have?

That's not a very valid argument and you know it, since Finland became a force to be reckoned with in the mid 90's, that's why I chose the timespan from '94 - present. Sort of comparing Novak Djokovic to Roger Federer or Lewis Hamilton to Michael Schumacher - the other has been around for ages and won pretty much everything there is to win while the other is a newcomer.

Karoug said:
And how many times have you won the Olympics and the WC the same year?

But I'll give you the WC and Olympic Gold in the same year, no denying that.

Last edited:
That's not a very valid argument and you know it, since Finland became a force to be reckoned with in the mid 90's, that's why I chose the timespan from '94 - present. Sort of comparing Novak Djokovic to Roger Federer or Lewis Hamilton to Michael Schumacher - the other has been around for ages and won pretty much everything there is to win while the other is a newcomer.

Finland actually took silver in the 1988 WC. So I choose to start from there..

random question : how long would it take me to kill my boss, using only brute strength and my elbows?

(I'm not a disgruntled worker. Yet)

Finland actually took silver in the 1988 WC. So I choose to start from there..

*pedantic* It was actually the Olympic Games, world championships weren't played that year*pedantic*

And I still don't see that as a fit starting point, because that was the first medal we ever got, and after 1988 Finland was 5th, 6th, 5th, 2nd in 1992 and 7th in '93. So not exactly a strong showing until 1994 onwards. But you're Swedish, I really don't expect you to know anything from hockey :p

random question : how long would it take me to kill my boss, using only brute strength and my elbows?

Depends....do you have any brute strenght, if so, how much ? Would you just want to beat him to death or snap his neck perhaps ? Or are you actually referring to just use your elbows, because that's just stupid and can't be done. Unless you're Chuck Norris.

Pretty much anything from 2 seconds to two hours.

Yes, I actually think these sorts of things when I have too much free time <_<

Last edited:
But you're Swedish, I really don't expect you to know anything from about ice-hockey :p

Two can play the pedantic game! :p
We're still better than you in ice-hockey, Sweden is only surpassed by the Ruskies/Soviets and the Canadicks..

BTW: The Swedish goalkeepers kinda sucks this year...

Last edited:

By brute strength does that include smashing his head into things or or just punching, kicking, and choking?

1..2..3..4..I declare a prank war!! Yesterday at about 10am I was awakened (I work nights) by a call from a number I didn't recognize. I picked it up and didn't recognize the voice and it sounded pretty official. Something along the lines of "This is sergeant John from the housing office..." and I was sucked in until I was asked if my refrigerator was running. I could tell by the loads of laughter at the end that it was a classmate of mine and earlier tonight he seemed quite proud of his accomplishment. I told him I'll have my day and here's my plan:

http://img412.imageshack.**/img412/9309/001efa.jpg

...placed outside his door followed by knocking and running away. I've even got a candy bar for the 'poop'. He's going down!! :p

Bonus points for getting the reference/inside joke at the bottom.

1..2..3..4..I declare a prank war!! Yesterday at about 10am I was awakened (I work nights) by a call from a number I didn't recognize. I picked it up and didn't recognize the voice and it sounded pretty official. Something along the lines of "This is sergeant John from the housing office..." and I was sucked in until I was asked if my refrigerator was running. I could tell by the loads of laughter at the end that it was a classmate of mine and earlier tonight he seemed quite proud of his accomplishment. I told him I'll have my day and here's my plan:

...placed outside his door followed by knocking and running away. I've even got a candy bar for the 'poop'. He's going down!! :p

Ex%20Lax.jpg

Works wonders.

Two can play the pedantic game! :p

Well played sir, well played.

That may be enough of the nonsense, a bit more seriously, what were your predictions before the tournament and have they changed along the way ?

I originally said Canada, Finland, Russia and Chzech are the Top 4, but I'm not so sure anymore. Canada and Finland I still maintain to play in the final but Russia's performance against Sweden was not exactly what you would call great and the Chzechs are also lacking in the defensive department.

Well played sir, well played.

That may be enough of the nonsense, a bit more seriously, what were your predictions before the tournament and have they changed along the way ?

I originally said Canada, Finland, Russia and Chzech are the Top 4, but I'm not so sure anymore. Canada and Finland I still maintain to play in the final but Russia's performance against Sweden was not exactly what you would call great and the Chzechs are also lacking in the defensive department.

Yes.. The Swedish team has a obvious defensive problem, 11 goals allowed in 2 games...

My predictions were and still are: Russia, Canada, Sweden, Finland, The Yanks and finally the Czechs..

Last edited:

Crossdressing, construction paper arts and crafts pranks. . .

And they get to fly billion dollar fighter jets :|